Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Escobarbarian posted:

Given all veeg has said about Quake I’m pretty sure Prodeus would be exactly his jam

prolly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxh7yibUpHk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i learned that they are crazy motherfuckers to be building a city where they did, good god the zoning violations alone :stonklol:

Well things are going tits up because of the situation with the sun. Also fun fact, everything in the game is all driven by a physics simulation, the planets orbits aren’t on a set path, even the volcanic moon rocks hitting brittle hollow don’t have a set path. This video by super bunnyhop on the astrophysics of the game is great and spoiler free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ5KzvW4Bys

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

look i am not reading your postsssss bop because i am not finishedddddd

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

look i am not reading your postsssss bop because i am not finishedddddd

ITS SPOILER FREE IT'S JUST A NERDY VIDEO ABOUT THE PHYICS BP!! there's legit no story spoilers or anything, it's simply about the way the phyics in game which are surprisingly accurate, but obviously the scale is made much more managable, but as he says, for a video game, it's probably the most impressive implementation of phyics in a game that he's played. hold on i'm trying to find the timestamp that's relevant..

also do u think i'd EVER spoil outer wilds for you after what feels like YEARS being overbearing and nagging you to play?????!!!?!!

imhotep fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Sep 23, 2022

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Yeah it's not like bop revealed the boat level or anything

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fml how could you spoil the [spooiler]spaceboat[/soopler] bop?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Prodeus was fantastic even in early access. I do wonder if it will translate well to a gamepad though.

Like Doom Eternal translates perfectly because they fine-tune the AI around it (enemies are less aggressive behind you on every platform, but even more so when using a gamepad). Wolfenstein: The New Colossus made no such tweaks and was brutally hard without a mouse and keyboard as a result. Prodeus kinda needs that kind of console-centric fine tuning too.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don’t watch anything about outer wilds until you’re done with it, all of the value and strength of the game is in the process of discovery. Even if the video is “spoiler-free” there’s no reason to watch it immediately

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
bop you’re getting ahead of yourself!! he’s playing the game which rocks!! there is plenty of time for videos and such later

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bugblatter posted:

Prodeus was fantastic even in early access. I do wonder if it will translate well to a gamepad though.

Like Doom Eternal translates perfectly because they fine-tune the AI around it (enemies are less aggressive behind you on every platform, but even more so when using a gamepad). Wolfenstein: The New Colossus made no such tweaks and was brutally hard without a mouse and keyboard as a result. Prodeus kinda needs that kind of console-centric fine tuning too.

I've never played a single fps on mkb, I won't even know the difference ;)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rageaholic posted:

:same:

The roguelike part really wasn't for me when I played it. I had a feeling it wouldn't be for me going into it, but I wanted to give it a shot anyway because everything I'd heard about it sounded so well done, and it was, just yeah, not my kind of game.

Yeah, I think the reason why I'm struggling to be interested in playing Inscryption is the same reason I've only played a few hours of Returnal and havent gone back to it. Also I didn't like Hades at all either

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Bugblatter posted:

Been playing on PC with a dualsense, no complaints

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bop bop perano posted:

also do u think i'd EVER spoil outer wilds for you after whay geels like YEARS being overbearing and nagging you to play?????!!!?!!

nomai pro'lem homes

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i'm enjoying it, bop :)

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

acksplode posted:

Been playing on PC with a dualsense, no complaints

Oh, awesome then. Then everyone remotely interested in FPS games (that didn't already buy early access on PC) buy this day one! It rules.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Prodeus hype engaged at full blast

e: omg the dismemberment system sounds amazing

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 20, 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

crackin a pilsner, outering a wild

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/DanAllenGaming/status/1572026058337300481

This is so funny. (Its not)

Cos this dude got caught being "therealinsider" who leaked the next ac game abit ago thus breaking an nda he had signed and started teasing all kinds of poo poo after about other things for clout only for it turn out to be another random gamer youtuber. he forgot to change accounts when replying and now its a "gamer moment im try sorry" and everyone who eats leaks for breakfast who claims to habe been aware of this youtuber before (also liars) have all turned on him for this "betrayal" of big company trust.

Gaming internet drama is so loving lame in 2022

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://twitter.com/DanAllenGaming/status/1572026058337300481

This is so funny. (Its not)

Cos this dude got caught being "therealinsider" who leaked the next ac game abit ago thus breaking an nda he had signed and started teasing all kinds of poo poo after about other things for clout only for it turn out to be another random gamer youtuber. he forgot to change accounts when replying and now its a "gamer moment im try sorry" and everyone who eats leaks for breakfast who claims to habe been aware of this youtuber before (also liars) have all turned on him for this "betrayal" of big company trust.

Gaming internet drama is so loving lame in 2022

You don't have to bring it here, if it's lame.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Another gamer asks why Quiet doesn't wear any clothes...

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“truely” is so triggering

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Noob Saibot posted:

Jedi fallen order has the exploration and is probably the best souls clone

I enjoyed it enough to finish it and the levels were alright but there was zero reason to explore because there was nothing to find. They also needed to lean more into the lightsaber combat where regular mooks would be just cannon fodder. Boss fights were decent but there's absolutely room for improvement.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

lordfrikk posted:

I enjoyed it enough to finish it and the levels were alright but there was zero reason to explore because there was nothing to find. They also needed to lean more into the lightsaber combat where regular mooks would be just cannon fodder. Boss fights were decent but there's absolutely room for improvement.

What do you mean nothing to find? There were eight billion lightsaber components that were too small to see in gameplay.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Don’t forget the identical ponchos

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Fix posted:

We share everything here, including our pain

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

beginning to think tbis has nothing to do with the videogame Proteus

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

We share everything here, including our pain

little nemo gaming emo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finished Summer in TLOU1. Henry’s face at the end in this version is so effective. So sad

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

More games should rip off Hades’s thing where you can turn on an option to gradually make the game easier over time if you can’t/don’t want to git gud and you just want to play the goddamn game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

More games should rip off Hades’s thing where you can turn on an option to gradually make the game easier over time if you can’t/don’t want to git gud and you just want to play the goddamn game.

it's called game genie

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Most games already have that feature, it's called gettin gudder :smugdog:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

so are my uk goons allowed to post again finally now that queenie is in the ground

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gotta keep guard for a couple more days to make sure she doesn’t respawn

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

gently caress 2nd phase!!!!!

But the moon...!?!?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fix posted:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

History Comes Inside! posted:

Even with that option the game sucked

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Yeah but it was a good option that let more people find that out for themselves instead of just bouncing off the difficulty wall and deciding to just trust the internet that it was a really great game

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

Leave this attitude in the old thread, buster!!!!!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

Hades did some things very well - the voice acting, the presentation but the game just felt to reliant on spamming a dodge button which didn't work for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I beat Hades once and felt 100% done with it, same with Returnal (well twice but you get the idea). A lot of people seem to find roguelites with meta progression very addicting but they don't really satisfy my gamer instincts to perfect a certain build or gear loadout.