Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

qirex posted:

this would require neuralink to be something besides an elaborate monkey torture operation

it's also used a recruiting tool to find new broodmares for elon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

duz posted:

it's also used a recruiting tool to find new broodmares for elon

I thought she worked at tesla when they met and he parked her there to oversee the monkey torture

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

somebody call cps on these two idiots. they're not capable of being near children no matter how many nannies actually raise those kids.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Chris Knight posted:

more like clown atlas
clown atlas shrugged

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I hope she's happy with her ear mods

i hope she's never happy

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Jonny 290 posted:

those kids have seen a parent maybe fifteen minutes at a time for 3-5 times a week since they were born. They hire people to raise them

I know, that was my point. They are not even pretending to try and be parents.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

ancient athens may have been a slave-holding orgy of violence but at least the wealthy people spent their money on games and festivals and public monuments instead of surgery to look like orlando bloom

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

they would have, tho

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

As usual advancement in technology made the world objectively worse

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

The Wisest Moron posted:

As usual advancement in technology made the world objectively worse

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Technological advancement is great, we just shouldn't let rich people near it

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

"SixFigureSandwich" posted:

we just shouldn't let rich people

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PleasureKevin posted:

here is his "submarine"

what happened 2 pleasure kevin

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1571988764947320832

US State Department has entered the chat

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
poo poo-that-won't-happen.txt

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Yeah... I'm sure he'll just get an ITAR exemption. Easy peasy. :jerkbag:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

he just says things on twitter because he knows thinks it won’t matter

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

He's right

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What's the over/under for him just violating US sanctions on Iran because he thinks he's above the law on so many other things?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

DarkSol posted:

What's the over/under for him just violating US sanctions on Iran because he thinks he's above the law on so many other things?

none because it requires energy and coordination, and also a bunch of americans were waving ukranian flags for the last starlink airdrop he did, and many fewer wave iranian flags

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

hey, he only said he'd ask. he can ask, the state department will say no and bazingas can say "look how hard he tried" when he didn't actually

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

DarkSol posted:

12?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DarkSol posted:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

echinopsis posted:

what happened 2 pleasure kevin

he found pleasure elsewhere

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
chancery court once again tells musk she’s not going to change her mind about denying his bullshit discovery requests.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

chancery court once again tells musk she’s not going to change her mind about denying his bullshit discovery requests.

i mean… the entire new thing from musk about how twitter is a years long fraud perpetuated against its investors and him so the deal needs to be called off still circles back to that tweet that went something like

lawyer: wow! how did we not know about this whistle blower. they must have hid it.

judge: we will never know. there was no discovery

Luckily for me it seems like the court case isnt all that far off and it doesn’t seem like it will get dragged out. that judge is gonna decide it one way or the other and there is no appeal.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

yo, iranian government, can we operate a satellite ground station in tehran? some guy on twitter said it’d be a game changer for the people.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
despite elon pretending otherwise, the starlink terminals in Ukraine are not donations. the US state dept is paying for them and likely for the bandwidth, too.

the state dept would love to have some open internet terminals shipped to Iranians. it’s the Iranian government that is opposed to them, for obvious reasons. so any starlink terminals going to Iran better be delivered by drone to remote areas where they can be used undetected.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the us government would love to have an american company operating in iran? you sure about that?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

the us government would love to have an american company operating in iran? you sure about that?

they’d be thrilled with the company operating in Iran.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

without looking it up, i assume the us government has come out in public support of huawei providing internet infrastructure to iran?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

fart simpson posted:

without looking it up, i assume the us government has come out in public support of huawei providing internet infrastructure to iran?

they want to spy on the Iranians using Elons satellites or ground station

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

yummycheese posted:

i mean… the entire new thing from musk about how twitter is a years long fraud perpetuated against its investors and him so the deal needs to be called off still circles back to that tweet that went something like

lawyer: wow! how did we not know about this whistle blower. they must have hid it.

judge: we will never know. there was no discovery

Luckily for me it seems like the court case isnt all that far off and it doesn’t seem like it will get dragged out. that judge is gonna decide it one way or the other and there is no appeal.

its worth giving it a read. she is very much over musk’s poo poo to the point that she’s not even going to respond to their rehearing requests again until after trial in a post-trial order.

https://courts.delaware.gov/Opinions/Download.aspx?id=337940

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I wonder how much of that is just his lawyers racking up the billable hours.

"Oh no he's come up with another pointless argument what a shame" *adds another 500k to the bill*

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I wonder how much of that is just his lawyers racking up the billable hours.

"Oh no he's come up with another pointless argument what a shame" *adds another 500k to the bill*

I hope this is at least part of it because as scummy as you have to be to defend musk, wasting some of his precious billions is still a blessed activity

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

Mr. Nice! posted:

its worth giving it a read. she is very much over musk’s poo poo to the point that she’s not even going to respond to their rehearing requests again until after trial in a post-trial order.

quote:

A motion for reargument is not a vehicle for renegotiation. A court makes rulings, not proposals for the parties to counter

smells very musky in here

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Mr. Nice! posted:

i don't know poo poo about law but to a layman this reads like the judicial equivalent of the judge pushing their glasses up, pinching the bridge of their nose, closing their eyes, and taking deep steady breaths

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i don't know poo poo

we know lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i don't know poo poo about law but to a layman this reads like the judicial equivalent of the judge pushing their glasses up, pinching the bridge of their nose, closing their eyes, and taking deep steady breaths

i really enjoy it when legal writing is comprehensible to non-lawyers. you’re pretty much spot on.

also this is just another order from the judge that makes it very clear they’re going to trial next month and this case will be fully resolved shortly thereafter.