Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

fart simpson posted:

anyway that doesnt make total sense to me, because i dont see how you could have a red code (which means you are suspected of actually having the virus, like you had contact with someone who was positive and now you have a fever and are coughing, that type of thing) and somehow walk around the city outside your apartment and not end up in at least temporary quarantine in a hospital or something. maybe they mean those people had a yellow code and put off getting the test until midnight or something when all the testing centers were closed?

they were executed that night. may their souls rest in peace. we must cast down the CCP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

if that original tweet is accurate, which it could very well be, then probably what happened was an individual apartment building's security guards decided to get really strict about checking everyone's code to make sure they had a negative test result within the last 24 hours. a group of people probably didn't do the test that day for whatever reason, assuming they could get back into their building with a green code and a 48 hour negative test result like usual, but the security guards that night decided to be extra strict about if for some reason. maybe theres an outbreak very nearby or something and theyre worried about it, or maybe they were told to idk. this all probably would have taken place after midnight, because there are a few community test centers open until midnight that these people could have gone to. the security guards are supposed to, and generally do let you into a place if you have a 48 hour negative result and a pending test result from a test that you've taken earlier on the same day already. maybe in this case they didnt do that, but most likely these people skipped a day entirely and thought it would be overlooked

e: i would bet all my money on these people having green codes, not red like that guy in the tweet said

fart simpson has issued a correction as of 06:42 on Sep 20, 2022

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

They alreay elected these people and wpuld do so again

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://www.liberationschool.org/marx-on-asia/

Interesting article

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1572135021993136128

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

good thing that liberal electoralism is a very proven democratic system that will give what the people reasonably wants

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

fart simpson posted:

if that original tweet is accurate, which it could very well be, then probably what happened was an individual apartment building's security guards decided to get really strict about checking everyone's code to make sure they had a negative test result within the last 24 hours. a group of people probably didn't do the test that day for whatever reason, assuming they could get back into their building with a green code and a 48 hour negative test result like usual, but the security guards that night decided to be extra strict about if for some reason. maybe theres an outbreak very nearby or something and theyre worried about it, or maybe they were told to idk. this all probably would have taken place after midnight, because there are a few community test centers open until midnight that these people could have gone to. the security guards are supposed to, and generally do let you into a place if you have a 48 hour negative result and a pending test result from a test that you've taken earlier on the same day already. maybe in this case they didnt do that, but most likely these people skipped a day entirely and thought it would be overlooked

e: i would bet all my money on these people having green codes, not red like that guy in the tweet said

They are actually doing PCRs every second day now? I guess HK letting it rip puts a lot of pressure on them?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

genericnick posted:

They are actually doing PCRs every second day now? I guess HK letting it rip puts a lot of pressure on them?

yes in shenzhen we’ve been doing them every day for a month or so and every other day since march probably

fart simpson has issued a correction as of 09:47 on Sep 20, 2022

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

they need to add tetsuya to f/go

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

fart simpson posted:

yes in shenzhen we’ve been doing them every day for a month or so and every other day since march probably

Pretty cool. I think Vienna managed something like two tests per week on average at the height of caring about dying of the plague, but I guess you can do bigger pools if you expect fewer cases.
I'm still pretty mad that we actually built up the infrastructure to substantially slow the spread, then decided that, nah, it's cool.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

they say they’re spending about $3.50 on each test, and they batch 10 people per test in the normal case. so it’s cheap enough that places like shenzhen can afford to do it pretty much indefinitely

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

fart simpson posted:

they say they’re spending about $3.50 on each test, and they batch 10 people per test in the normal case. so it’s cheap enough that places like shenzhen can afford to do it pretty much indefinitely

Yep it's incredibly cheap when done in this manner and, for the western lib skeptical about the long term viability - it CREATES JOBS, GOOD JOBS.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I think they billed our gov nearly twice that, but they might also be lying about costs. Still pretty cheap though.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

KomradeX posted:

They alreay elected these people and wpuld do so again

The assassination was badly timed. It was two days before the election, iirc, which wasn't enough time for the public to digest any of it. I don't think anyone was even aware of the shooter's motive until well after the ballots had been cast.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The assassination was badly timed. It was two days before the election, iirc, which wasn't enough time for the public to digest any of it. I don't think anyone was even aware of the shooter's motive until well after the ballots had been cast.

mission creep and blowing timelines trying to add a seventh barrel

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

trump carrier steam v electric catapult argument but for a zip gun trigger

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

i say swears online posted:

trump carrier steam v electric catapult argument but for a zip gun trigger

lol how many MIC enemies did trumpo made against him on that alone

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Palladium posted:

lol how many MIC enemies did trumpo made against him on that alone
I doubt any. No one paid attention and carrier contracts last longer than presents anyways.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
https://twitter.com/chappi20151128/status/1572373195126341632?s=20&t=K8aG1rebpPzQEVheIsfiRw

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

they should give him a state funeral.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Ok, let's all just calm down here a bit.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Dude, you're not supposed to kill yourself - think of what precipitated this whole situation to begin with!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
That guy is in his 70s, maybe he couldn't source any seamless steel tubes and vape batteries.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1572427895137796096

Congratulations to all the kiwis itt for finally making it to the middle ages.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

quote:

New Zealand was followed by the US, Australia, Canada and Taiwan. Those who experienced the biggest losses were Japan, Italy and Belgium.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

stephenthinkpad posted:

That guy is in his 70s, maybe he couldn't source any seamless steel tubes and vape batteries.

a zip gun that fires burning 18650s at your opponents at 900 ft/s

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that's just what happens sometimes with my tesla haha! great car though

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1572427895137796096

Congratulations to all the kiwis itt for finally making it to the middle ages.

Been saying I'm a serf for years and it took the guardian to make people listen

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1572701178953179136

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Well just catch one of their executives in transit in one of the Anglo countries.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

Did this ever get posted?

https://twitter.com/YeonmiParkNK/status/1569866814271926274

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

stephenthinkpad posted:

Well just catch one of their executives in transit in one of the Anglo countries.

It'll have to be Canada because last time even before they gave Canada poo poo gently caress all for imprisoning Meng W. the Huawei president, pretty much every other country they asked said no

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
trusting america in tyool 2022: i can't foresee that i will be hanged out to dry edition

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
PLA-affiliated propaganda agent does an interview

crepeface posted:

jaq james, the author of the cowest papers that debunked that forced uyghur labour ASPI report did an interview. she's got a pretty interesting background, daughter of a shiite iraqi-irani woman. went to teach english at a PLA university for a gap year.

she also talks about how she helped that lupin lu sue the ABC for editing her interview that made her sound like she was spying for the CCP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb3Il-8lDK4

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/GordonGChang/status/1572744591379423234

???

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This is producerism but for people who get their hands dirty.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

magicians are some of the highest-value workers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

he means the people who own the farms and the ranches