Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Looks like we've got a showdown this week between the NFL's top 2 QBs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If we could lose 28-21 I would be thrilled.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Top 2 QBs, Bills are stacked on both sides, Dolphins have the best WR duo. It's the early 90's again baby!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
This Bills team really would go undefeated if they had Thurman Thomas

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Josh Allen has 1,980 yards, 21 TD and a 106.8 QB rating in 8 games vs the Dolphins.

Buffalo has outscored Miami 275 to 123 in those games.

Miami has 1 win against the Josh Allen led Bills, which was in his rookie year.

Every other game has been a double digit poo poo-housing. I won't expect any other result vs the Bills until I actually see it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

If we could lose 28-21 I would be thrilled.

That’d be an insane improvement over the Gase and Flores years. And boy howdy would I take it

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Congrats AFC East! We all have offenses that aren't all that terrible.
https://twitter.com/KevinColePFF/status/1572193541417488384

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Mods, please change the name of the thread to AFC East 2022: Home of Joe "6th highest EPA/play in week 2" Flacco

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Josh Allen is even more of a Dolphin killer than the OG :thurman:

Waddle and Tyreek's abilities make the Dolphins a dangerous opponent, but Byron Jones being out....yeesh

Bills by a billion. (Don't hate me Dolfans!)

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Mods, please change the name of the thread to AFC East 2022: Home of Joe "6th highest EPA/play in week 2" Flacco
After last night's games are graded, pretty sure it'll be Joe "PFF's 3rd highest graded QB through W2" Flacco.

Looking forward to the Joe Beningo QB controversy takes if we beat the Bengals.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tyreek is something of a Bills beater, though, and also a child abuser.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I wonder how they handle the fins with our banged up secondary. Staple Taron to waddle, double or triple Hill?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bills open at -5.5

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Ehud posted:

Bills open at -5.5

I feel like it's one of those games where the Dolphins either get boatraced or win like 31-28 or something. So that seems like a good line to me.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ehud posted:

Bills open at -5.5

hammer that line

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Blowouts only plz bills aren't v good at close ones

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1572213331087196163?s=20&t=jozdjd5yihBCihsgFEnv7A

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Hopefully all of the injuries from last night were minor and won't carry over to the next game, combined with the other injuries coming back.

I think the way to beating the fish will be the front line not giving Tua time to get the ball to the two good players on offense...

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

They made him walk home, that's rough.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
tua JAGovailoa

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wrap it up

https://twitter.com/owenlhjphillips/status/1572196371322765315?s=20&t=ebQhJ-fAOfLbuYgIj25c5Q

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Allen managed to forget who the Bills’ week three opponent in the postgame press conference.

For that I’ve gotta ding him some points - it’s bad form to be such an absentee father that he can’t even recall when he’s got a visit planned

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Dolphins only hope is the heat and humidity allows them to play catch-up just like last week.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

lol

https://twitter.com/zackblatt/status/1572241786369630208?s=46&t=xZc_eTNr3wd5J2KU0vPtmw

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I've watched maybe 1 minute of Jets football this year.

He's been mostly bad and these are absurd rankings, right?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

You'd think he'd be worse on the eye test, but there's only so bad a 26/44, 307 yards, 4 TD performance can be.

Flacco was 8th this week in DYAR at 108 after being 22 in last week's snoozer at -10. Which passes my eye test for yeah, about 12th seems right.

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

He's been mediocre, with like, a couple of amazing minutes.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Ehud posted:

He was good (even very good) against the Browns, he was bad against the Ravens. Number 3 overall is obviously absurd, I guess number 12 is more plausible depending on the metric.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

He was poo poo the first game but threw a million times which is probably all the algorithm cares about.

Efb

Nov 6, 2002

It's going to be a shame when the Jets go back to Wilson and he stinks up the joint again.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't think anyone thinks Flacco's good, he just demonstrated why you have a vet backup for young QB's. He's just good enough to take advantage of beneficial situations and clowned on a team that fell on its rear end.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It's going to be a shame when the Jets go back to Wilson and he stinks up the joint again.

I can't explain how much I'm anticipating mcmagic's posts if Wilson comes back to a 2-2 or 3-1 Jets team and struggles.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

It would be quintessential Jets to have an 8-9 or 9-8 finish with (1) Flacco getting the team to a 3-1 start, (2) Wilson being terrible for several games and getting benched, and (3) Flacco leading them to a bunch of wins down the stretch against a weak schedule.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 20, 2022

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

(4) Extending Flacco

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Wilson and Elijah Moore are consistently wide loving open and it'd be ridiculous if a QB couldn't take advantage, assuming somewhat decent blocking, which we obv can't assume. Flacco is holding the fort. Mike White would be terrible. I hope Zach comes back soon.

Mike LaFleur as an OC is also quite good.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Psh gently caress it Bills getting soft and playing paper tigers like Tennessee (lmao) gimme a break

Dolphins 35 Bills 34

https://twitter.com/houtz/status/1572053262949404673?s=46&t=oNxRH9TJkv7OaLDVh1xzlA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

I can't explain how much I'm anticipating mcmagic's posts if Wilson comes back to a 2-2 or 3-1 Jets team and struggles.

Why? I've said over and over and over again that Wilson should be the starter if he can play but if he sucks he should be benched. It's not complicated.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 20, 2022

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I don't think this going to happen but if Flacco ends up coming in and playing great, he should have the job until he's not playing great anymore.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I recall him getting poo poo on for that opinion earlier as well by jets fans. Dude just wants to win games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
You literally quoted me saying if he's playing great. lol. He isn't.