Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Seeing as people were talking about flashcarts earlier, is asking what the best one for DS currently is and where is the best place to buy one too :filez:? I have a DSi and TwilightMenu but I'm missing the save states from a good flashcart and of course TM has some compatibility issues. I of course will only play video games that I legally own and have dumped myself on this flashcart. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just went on Amazon and bought an R4 Gold without Timebomb. I couldn't tell you about best.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Walla posted:

I just went on Amazon and bought an R4 Gold without Timebomb. I couldn't tell you about best.

That’s what I did as well.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think GPD had a dual screen model you could run whatever windows based DS emulator on. But at those prices you could pawn shop a 3ds and hack it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/iam_agg/status/1570895506125225984?t=0kl4mYmboCX1YKhqcT1O4g&s=19

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Does anyone have any idea why Octopath: Champions of the Continent and Fire Emblem Heroes don't show up in the Play Store on the RP2+? Brave Exvius does so I doubt it's a gacha thing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Doesn’t the play store not show things your device can’t run?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Does it? Still seems weird that a couple of gacha rpgs couldn't run on it, especially since CoD: Warzone and FF: Brave Exvius are available.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
It’s possible that it can run, but the developer hasn’t approved it on that CPU or screen size.

You could always try downloading the apk/obb and install that way if you wanted to try. There are ways to download it from the Play store and not rely on questionable sites.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Nah, it's no big deal. I was more confused than anything else. Considering how small the UI is for Slice & Dice, I'll just stick with my phone.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
The Google Play store also has options for publishers to disable visibility of apps based on software environment factors like having root access, so it could be any number of things about the device or how it is configured.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Nintendo tends to blacklist their stuff from running/connecting/being store installable on anything that hasn't passed Android CTS which is mostly anti-emulator but also anti-cheap Huawei/etc device

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
RG353V specs are out. Also looks like there’s a clear purple option, which is more important than the 2 sticks I wouldn’t use.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Rolo posted:

RG353V specs are out. Also looks like there’s a clear purple option, which is more important than the 2 sticks I wouldn’t use.

Hopefully it won't have the issue that my 351V has where the right shoulder buttons stick unless I have the case slightly open. That happen to anyone else?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Nope, my 351V has seen the most play of any of my handhelds and it’s been great since the day I got it. Realistically I’ll prolly not upgrade from it until we break into more console territory.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Hm. Lower specs than the rp3 and no wood grain? I'm disappointed

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rolo posted:

Begging handheld makers at this point to just make a single version of each device and stop making multiple loving SKUs for everything.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Oh 5GHz, nice

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

njsykora posted:

Begging handheld makers at this point to just make a single version of each device and stop making multiple loving SKUs for everything.

I think it’s a hustle to keep the factories running for as long as possible.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

coconono posted:

I think it’s a hustle to keep the factories running for as long as possible.

Some of these things use old parts that they were able to get a good deal on - Vita OLEDs, Blackberry Bold LCDs, old SoCs, etc. So they’ll design a handheld to use up whatever they’ve got, and unless it’s a wild success and worth sourcing more parts, they’ll make a new one to use whatever the next cheap parts are.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So what's the best handheld under $200 at the moment? Also, is there any news on when the RP3 is hitting Amazon? Obviously Amazon is trash and Bezos can rot in hell etc etc but when I bought an original RP, the whole DHL shipping token system confused me.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 21, 2022

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Bogart posted:

So what's the best handheld under $200 at the moment?

Retroid Pocket 3 probably.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Odin Lite comes in just under 200 before shipping and definitely outperforms anything else in that price range, but you're going to be waiting a while to get one

If you can spend more money, there's no better power to cost ratio than the steam deck, but you're going to be waiting a while to get that too

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

You might not be waiting long for a Deck actually, August preorders are starting to get emails so it could be less than a month.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
There have been goons offloading their Deck in SA Mart once a week or so too, if you wanna keep eyes on that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again the $399 deck is the best value in gaming right now.

No question about it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Even just for retro stuff a device that can play basically anything and also have full video out it’s a hella deal now production is catching up. Logitech just announced their handheld with a Snapdragon 740 and they want $300 for it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Okay but I specifically said under. :v: yeah obviously if I had the money for a deck, but I don’t.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol @ the price of the Logitech thing

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
WHELP I ordered the RG353V.

-The unit and bezels are slightly smaller than the 351V according to my measuring tape and posted specs

-It’s CLEAR and PURPLE

-idk other stuff prolly?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

lol @ the price of the Logitech thing

Also I said Snapdragon 740, it's apparently just a 720. They're pitching it as a streaming device but even then I think most people would say the Retroid Pocket 3 is still going to be better for that for a fraction of the price.

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

Rolo posted:

WHELP I ordered the RG353V.

-The unit and bezels are slightly smaller than the 351V according to my measuring tape and posted specs

-It’s CLEAR and PURPLE

-idk other stuff prolly?

I did the exact same thing. Not sure if purple was the best play but that's the way I went. My biggest concern is whether the thumbstick positions will make my tendons explode, with screen QC being a close second.

The RGC review of the RG353P gives me high hopes of what this thing will be capable of, though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah why give Logitech $299 when you can just get the RP3 for $119

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LujUxYH6sGc&feature=share&si=ELPmzJkDCLju2KnD5oyZMQ

It gets like 5-9 hours of battery life too lol

As an aside I don’t understand how The Phawx only has 65k subs. Like he gets mentions on LTT and other huge channels but it doesn’t seem to translate into more subscribers for him.

For pure game streaming it’s going to be hard to beat the RP3.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fwiw the 64 gig queue is moving a lot faster

Vegetable posted:

I put my deposit down for a 64GB this July and I just got the email telling me it’s available now :stare:

Edit also people are saying the 64 is down to about a month lead time which is pretty drat good.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 22, 2022

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Ahhhh I’m 97% there today! I ordered the 256 and preordered exactly one month ago.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

remigious posted:

Ahhhh I’m 97% there today! I ordered the 256 and preordered exactly one month ago.

Oh drat they are trucking along then! That’s good news for everyone. Especially anyone that wanted one before Christmas.

In other news my GPDWin max 2 got delayed lol

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Where are people seeing the percentage queue for the Deck? Mine still just says I'll get an email someday

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

MockingQuantum posted:

Where are people seeing the percentage queue for the Deck? Mine still just says I'll get an email someday

Its just a reference to the last fulfilled order and your order time. TBH its way more useless than ever before (when it was only barely of any use) because they're shipping so much now a days.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

MockingQuantum posted:

https://getmydeck.ingenhaag.dev/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Size comparison of the 353V. Looks like it’s gonna be perfect