Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Him getting so irritated about the dishwasher part spoke to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

isaboo posted:

love the 2 most recent episodes.

klaus is my favorite. what are the best klaus episodes

How has no one mentioned the Klaus's Boyz!!! episode?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nichael posted:

I only said they should lean even more into the show's overall voice. Though last night's episode did just that, so they're clearly doing it already. I think that's why the show has stayed so consistently good, it's really confident in the bizarre poo poo it's trying to say.

I like not knowing what to expect but once in the thick of it have an idea how the characters will react and this show delivers that every week.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I do like that the Smith family, unlike the Griffins and honestly a lot of the animated sitcom families out there, actually seem to like each other enough to actually care in the end without entirely undercutting it just for the dark joke.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah the Smiths actually care about each other like how Francine was upset at the start of the episode that nobody else would chill by the pool.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I watched 6 of the recommended episodes last night while high as gently caress thanks friends

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

limp_cheese posted:

How has no one mentioned the Klaus's Boyz!!! episode?

1) I don't know which episode that is

2) I don't know if I like the rest of the episode enough to recommend it

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Bachelor party

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The cuckoo frogs from the most recent episode were a surprisingly terrifying idea for a monster. A group of creatures that intentionally befriend someone lonely so they can slowly brainwash them into becoming a willing food source is the sort of thing you could base a horror movie around if you played it straight. I'd put them right up there with the TV demon from Rabbit Ears.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The cuckoo frogs from the most recent episode were a surprisingly terrifying idea for a monster. A group of creatures that intentionally befriend someone lonely so they can slowly brainwash them into becoming a willing food source is the sort of thing you could base a horror movie around if you played it straight. I'd put them right up there with the TV demon from Rabbit Ears.

It's a kind of Little Shop of Horrors in a way, isn't it?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I appreciate the spoilers, last night I was busy watching the Mets clinch the postseason and then celebrate :toot:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hulu is no longer showing episodes as expiring so it sounds like whatever needed to be worked out was.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Neeksy posted:

It's a kind of Little Shop of Horrors in a way, isn't it?

Yeah! It's that same kind of codependent parasitic relationship.

muscles like this! posted:

Hulu is no longer showing episodes as expiring so it sounds like whatever needed to be worked out was.

That's good to hear, with the way things have been going with streaming services lately I'm super paranoid about the the shows I like being unpersoned and just disappearing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

My guess is that whatever contract they had prior to Disney buying out Fox was what was expiring and Disney just needed to make a new one between it's divisions

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah TBS, Fox and Hulu are subcompanies of Disney so I guess they have to sign paperwork if something goes through more than one of them. I just wish the new contact would adjust which episode they got to air so that we'd get the last season aired and the new ones on next day.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

YOU LEFT ME WITH KLAUS YOU PERFIDIOUS FUCKS
:mmmhmm:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Bogus Adventure posted:

Francine is also my favorite character, but mainly because she's insane.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Brawnfire posted:

My favorite thing about Old Ulysses is how it hints at being an episode perfectly built as a Klaus vehicle, like he'd get into some fishy adventures in the lake and NOPE, instantly eaten and flopping about in acid-burned agony the rest of the episode.

It's a perfect episode from start to finish. I love it so much, from the Possum Lake monster songs to the Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan romcom spoofs involving Tuttle, to Hayley and Francine star-tanning.

:hellyeah:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah TBS, Fox and Hulu are subcompanies of Disney so I guess they have to sign paperwork if something goes through more than one of them. I just wish the new contact would adjust which episode they got to air so that we'd get the last season aired and the new ones on next day.

No, TBS is owned by Warner Brothers Discovery and Warner Brothers Discovery currently has first run rights.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Almost! TBS isn't owned by Disney (yet), and AdultSwim (possibly awaiting hospice) also seems to still have the right to show new episodes a week later as well.

Hulu losing American Dad older seasons would be weird considering the ultimate ownership of it all, whereas I could see them having a delay for newer seasons while keeping new ones as TBS-AS exclusive until archiving them elsewhere.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

:hai:

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Watching it again the look of betrayal on Klaus's face is beautiful.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I love about this show is their commitment to not doing Loren Ipsum whenever you see a newspaper. Like there's a goofy part in The Sinister Fate where a newspaper talks about how Constance and her husband were called "Frankenstein and Dr Jekyll" and how that doesn't make sense as Dr Jekyll was the good personality.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Has the sign outside Groff always said "Coumunity College"?

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Oh, a group of frogs is really called an Army. Well done, American Dad.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
So a group of goldfish is called a troubling. And one goldfish is called a Klaus.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
“Danuta.... Danuta.”
“It is me.”
“Will you go there?”
“Do you eat?”
“I got the money.”
“Danuta.”

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

The Nastier Nate posted:

“Danuta.... Danuta.”
“It is me.”
“Will you go there?”
“Do you eat?”
“I got the money.”
“Danuta.”

"Klaus, that was.....chilling."

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

"What happened?! I blacked out!" is still my favorite part of that bit.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
What episode was that bit in? Whatever episode it's in, I'm pretty sure I've only seen it once, because I can remember that the bit exists but not really the context or anything.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

YeahTubaMike posted:

What episode was that bit in? Whatever episode it's in, I'm pretty sure I've only seen it once, because I can remember that the bit exists but not really the context or anything.

I think it's from Shark?! from May 2019. You can figure out what season that is for whatever service is numbering your seasons.

Can the internet just number them like the current owners do and we just stop the 4 different numbering systems? (I just made a 5th didn't I)

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

YeahTubaMike posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/americandad/comments/rbuvtl/danuta_danuta_it_is_me_will_you_go_there_do_you/

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
There are so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so many references to that quote on the American Dad subreddit it's not even funny. :psypop:

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
It's kinda funny

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

When Pigs Cry posted:

It's kinda funny

will you go there

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

When Pigs Cry posted:

It's kinda funny

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

When Pigs Cry posted:

It's kinda funny

drat, I didn't even mean to set you up there. :golfclap:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
How good is Anchorfran? So good. Too good.

This will end… poorly.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

My favorite Klaus on the phone bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCZyj8E3Dfk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I guess I've never really thought about Klaus on the phone being a thing, but his call to Gucci Mane ended me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feBMuVFCasw