Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
People don't like the Liberty Bell episode? That has Dennis's "surrender, maybe?" and some classic spitting directly on Cricket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

its a good one for sure

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

yeEeEeEeeEEEEeeeEeEesssSss

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

ShoogaSlim posted:

This, Mac's wooden-teeth whistling, and "Nobody giveth a poo poo, Deandra" make this episode a classic. If there's anything to complain about it's that the titular Cracking of the Bell at the end is so forgettable because the middle of the episode is so great.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I liked Charlie walking in on Dee about to William Tell a pumpkin off Frank's head with a shotgun

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I've had enough of this dude

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

ShoogaSlim posted:

Nayeth, bad Intel there dude

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Liberty Bell has some good moments, but it feels very slow compared to later episodes

e: ok i forgot how much it escalates in the 3rd act lol

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 9, 2022

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

'We shall beat you around the head until you are no longer consisting of life-pulse'

Even in the 18th Century Charlie is still the dumbest guy trying to sound like a smart guy, it's a classic episode

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"What are we talkin about, huh?"
"༺ 𝓢𝓾𝓻𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻, 𝓶𝓪𝔂𝓫𝓮? ༻"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

No Dignity posted:

'We shall beat you around the head until you are no longer consisting of life-pulse'

Even in the 18th Century Charlie is still the dumbest guy trying to sound like a smart guy, it's a classic episode

Some years ago I found records of one of my ancestors getting in a drunken knifefight around 1715. His hat gets knocked off and according to the contemporary transcript, he says "haveth I not bought mine own hat?" which is about on that level

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Hey, that came off the top of his head

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Brawnfire posted:

Hey, that came off the top of his head

it did, didnt it?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

these last few episodes have been incredible, new one starting off great too. loved all of the guys being like "can we just see the dick." and of course it couldn't be anything impressive, very sad

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 12, 2022

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

You are wearing a gi. Yeah, that is the gear. That's the only gear.

Frank loves getting his gear out

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Aye Doc posted:

these last few episodes have been incredible, new one starting off great too. loved all of the guys being like "can we just see the dick." and of course it couldn't be anything impressive, very sad

Yeah, at first I was like eh another fan episode blaaaaaah, but the guys just rapid fire chatting with fans for 90 seconds then giving them free tickets to the live show was pretty :3:

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
When I started rewatching from the first episode a couple months back....I realize I had forgotten how flippant they were with weapons in the early seasons. I mean.....I knew they were with Frank commonly carrying them around and shooting them off.....as well as the 'Gun Fever' episodes. But I guess I never was paying close enough attention (or just forgot) at how casually they would just point loaded weapons around the room....and at each other. Or even toss loaded weapons to one another....with nobody ever flinching or feeling threatened.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

One of my favorite bits in the show is when Frank shows off his tequila revolver to the Lawyer and blows apart a framed picture after someone pushes his hand aside

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Professor Wayne posted:

People don't like the Liberty Bell episode? That has Dennis's "surrender, maybe?" and some classic spitting directly on Cricket

The Declaration of Dependence is such a stupid joke and I laugh at it every time

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

busts into Paddy's brandishing revolver

WHERE'S THE GODDAMN FIRE?!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Saw the episode where Dee gives birth earlier ("You gotta take em off son") and a favourite throwaway joke is when Dennis asserts that without the sunglasses to make it fun, WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S would have been "a very strange tale.".

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

FireWorksWell posted:

One of my favorite bits in the show is when Frank shows off his tequila revolver to the Lawyer and blows apart a framed picture after someone pushes his hand aside

Guess he put too much gunpowder in it but it's okay because the lawyer's wife was a stone cold bitch.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

finally, some loving feet on the podcast, took em long enough

e: absolutely love rob gleefully telling a story about his family being like "can you please just stop." while he shames himself and them in public

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Sep 19, 2022

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Rob's XLR cable is bad or they have the lows turned all the way down on him or something, it's so distracting.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah and his hair looks small

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The Met; Charlie singing that blessed song

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CisUpLXPBJy/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Oh poo poo Jimmi Simpson is there?

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Just had a group of friends who I've worked with on TV stuff for years post their photos from the live show. I know the whole crew that rigged/shot it! What a cool way to find out that they worked on it hah

Edit: One of my friends got to take a few photos in The Duster, even!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
just remembered a side character who encountered the Gang and came out unaffected -- the gallery owner ("my parents rent it for me") in "Dee Made A Smut Film". She sells that painting to Frank/Ongo for $30,000, refuses to buy it back, and for all we know gets away completely unscathed.

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 22, 2022

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

You just gotta get out and never come back, or else you become the Lawyer.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I forgot how mean Dee can be sometimes. From her own system of implying she'll cry assault if a guy doesn't sleep with her to getting that stripper to strip in front of his daughter so he'll experience a new rock bottom it's some of the darker stuff the show has done.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Hell at one point she was all but openly planning to murder Dennis and Frank to get inheritance money

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

Barry Foster posted:

Hell at one point she was all but openly planning to murder Dennis and Frank to get inheritance money

Oh my god, I feel like you are really focused on one tiny part of her plan! Focus on the words money, and bruce and me and help.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Money me. Money now. Me a money needing a lot now.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

lesson from today's podcast: glenn's doctor is absolutely a fuckin quack, the way he's skirting around the language of how to describe what this guy does, this mfer going to Dr Jinx for real

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Mother earth don't play

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Weird rear end episode. They just talk about doing tests for 50min. Megan inserting weird title card asides in like "taking blood now" for no real reason. They could have covered the whole thing with a 10min conversation to set it up then skipped ahead to talking about the results.

I dont even care much about the results. I just want them to get to the episode to hear them talk about Pepe Sylvia and whether CARRROOOOLLL is real or not.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i live in LA so i already have to listen to people talk about their weird experimental spiritual alternative therapy or whatever. i dont need any of that on the one comedy podcast i enjoy.

altho it WAS funny to hear guys in their 40s talk about all the ways they're getting old and becoming less fit/healthy only to then break into an AG1 ad talking about how they're SO healthy bc of it.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

but imagine how much older they'd all be if they weren't taking those supplements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Glenn would still be a stallion if he'd just quit putting colloidal silver in his eyes