Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Quantum of Phallus posted:

just get off the couch you lazy fucks

Only if Ring Fit is involved. :colbert: I'm not moving unless I'm making numbers go up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I move however I feel thanks to the Nintendo Switch's portability

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

no

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just use the Nintendo Switch pro controller.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Or just get up. It's such a nonissue.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Morpheus posted:

In the history of Monkey Island games, to my knowledge, there is only one (1) way to die in the entire series, and that has been to wait ten minutes to solve an underwater puzzle that has like three steps on one screen. And that was the very first game only.

You die (as far as everyone is concerned) for a couple minutes in 3.
It counts because I love those games and will take any opportunity to talk about them.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Played and beat Live a Live. Fun game just wish skip was extended to fights too. A way to speed up fights and skip intro/endings would have saved so much time. Attack animations weren't super long but I didn't need to see them 100 times.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

An Actual Princess posted:

Or just get up. It's such a nonissue.

i hate getting up

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

biceps crimes posted:

i hate getting up

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can die a few ways in two but the game is presented as being narrated by Guybrush after the events have taken place, so it cuts back to him and he says "Of course, that's not what really happened"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I like Kings Quest because you’ll click on the wrong patch of grass while climbing a hill and you’ll fall and die, just a very funny game

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I never beat King's Quest 3 because I kicked the wizard's cat too many times and he vaporized me.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Deserved

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

I shamelessly love King’s Quest 5, warts and all, just because it has some of the funniest deaths ever put to video games.

https://youtu.be/nePW-yKBsyc

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Fun Times! posted:

As someone who loves farming games and thinks the recent Direct could've used a few more, I am sad to say that Harvestella sucks. There is no social/friendship system, the farming seems like an afterthought, and the characters are totally bland. The music is good, though.

This is why we need a hundred farming games in each Direct. For every great one, there are a dozen mediocre releases.

Kinda necroposting because I just wrapped up the demo and did a forum search for Harvestella and this was the top hit but I liked it a lot. The start is definitely eh and I agree that the initial batch of named villagers you run into are bland, but the couple you pick up in the dungeon are pretty good. As for the writing on the whole, I'm not going to call it good, but I am at least intrigued by the world and what is happening. There is a social/friendship system of some kind because when I completed chapter 2 I got a pip in one of the characters closeness gauges, so that's probably the point where that system opens up. The farming does seem like kind of an afterthought at least for now, but I kinda liked that. After the first few days when I was free to do whatever and I had unlocked the dungeon, it was nice to be able to wrap up my farm stuff in a few hours and then gently caress off to the dungeon for the rest of the day.

It definitely seems like it's more a jrpg first than a farming sim, but it's hard to say that just going off of the first 2 chapters/15 days. I never unlocked fishing, or cooking, or either of the ranching things, or pet ownership and this is all stuff that's mentioned in the demo and is technically accessible. Definitely could have bought at least 1 of the ranching upgrades or the fishing manual but i opted to blow all my money on more seeds and combat upgrades.

Anyway, definitely going to pick it up, but probably not on the switch. It ran... fine but it definitely wasn't running at a consistent framerate and I am also reasonably sure it wasn't even aiming for 30fps most of the time.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

American McGay posted:

Just use the Nintendo Switch pro controller.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I do (when I go to take a poo poo while playing my Nintendo Switch on the toilet)

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Fun Times! posted:

There is no social/friendship system, the farming seems like an afterthought, and the characters are totally bland. The music is good, though.

This is every farming game I've played after Friends of Mineral Town, honestly.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Read After Burning posted:

Only if Ring Fit is involved. :colbert: I'm not moving unless I'm making numbers go up!

:same:

I may extend this grace to the Fist of the North Star boxing game if reviews come up good, but for now I only stand for muscle Bowser.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

bear named tators posted:

Did anyone ever end up making a FlipGrip-ish product that works with the OLED?

Yep check etsy and ebay

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I dare anyone to name a good farming game that isn't Stardew Valley.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bleck posted:

This is every farming game I've played after Friends of Mineral Town, honestly.

Have you never played Stardew Valley? The characters have a surprising amount of depth to them and the farming is definitely integral to what you're doing and why you're there.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I dare anyone to name a good farming game that isn't Stardew Valley.

Silver Falcon posted:

Have you never played Stardew Valley?

Lol.

But Spiritfarer was a good farming game

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Hrist posted:

There's a setting on the switch to make it power on and off to match the tv. So the tv remote probably does that, if you already plan to have a controller as a separate device at that point.

This reminds me of one of the useless seeming features on the Wii U that I liked a lot in the first place I lived. I was renting a room from a friend for a short while and didn't have room to bring a big TV, so my Wii U was hooked up to the computer monitor. I really liked being able to turn on the Wii U with the gamepad then also switch my monitor from PC to Wii U without having to move or use any other controller. As soon as I was in a setting where I had my TV and monitor, this feature was never used again (Though, also, I think the my TV at that time didn't work with the gamepad anyway)

John Wick of Dogs posted:

You can die a few ways in two but the game is presented as being narrated by Guybrush after the events have taken place, so it cuts back to him and he says "Of course, that's not what really happened"

This reminds me of the Prince of Persia Sands of Time death screens of "no no no wait that's not what happened." What an interesting way he was telling the story! I then expertly killed 4 sand demons with the dagger of time and went to run on a wall, I accidently forgot to jump and ran face first into my wall and fell 50 feet to my death on a pit of spikes....... no wait that's not what happened, silly me!"

MaxDuo fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 21, 2022

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

one of the worst attempts at trying to be cool i ever saw from a video game

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Enter every mascot game cover

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
well not just the cover but the ad campaigns and everything for it when it came out

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Failboattootoot posted:

It definitely seems like it's more a jrpg first than a farming sim, but it's hard to say that just going off of the first 2 chapters/15 days. I never unlocked fishing, or cooking, or either of the ranching things, or pet ownership and this is all stuff that's mentioned in the demo and is technically accessible. Definitely could have bought at least 1 of the ranching upgrades or the fishing manual but i opted to blow all my money on more seeds and combat upgrades.

Anyway, definitely going to pick it up, but probably not on the switch. It ran... fine but it definitely wasn't running at a consistent framerate and I am also reasonably sure it wasn't even aiming for 30fps most of the time.

Honestly the thing that bugged me the most was how fast the crops grew - I never got the money to do so but I would've liked to just buy a ton of cucumber seeds (they don't need replanting) to avoid having to make the trek to the general store every day for more seeds.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

whaley posted:

one of the worst attempts at trying to be cool i ever saw from a video game

The definitive review from Consolevania: 'Mark Ecko's Get Tae gently caress'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

jackhunter64 posted:

The definitive review from Consolevania: 'Mark Ecko's Get Tae gently caress'

Lol I still hear this whenever that game gets mentioned.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/cureflamingofan/status/1572573120636276739?s=46&t=sGliCJGTzfMVWZNKlTwEvg

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

MaxDuo posted:

This reminds me of the Prince of Persia Sands of Time death screens of "no no no wait that's not what happened." What an interesting way he was telling the story! I then expertly killed 4 sand demons with the dagger of time and went to run on a wall, I accidently forgot to jump and ran face first into my wall and fell 50 feet to my death on a pit of spikes....... no wait that's not what happened, silly me!"
I assume that he's telling the story with the aid of a slide projector, and then an embarrassing slide comes up in the rotation and he has to go, "wait, no, that didn't happen".

Either that or all the messing with the Sands of Time he's doing has hosed up his perception of time and he remembers each of those deaths even if they never happened, so occasionally he's gotta backtrack because he's going down a dead-end timeline with his story.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Merry christmas, pixel hunters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIBaaQajwyI

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Man I’m still on 3 lmao.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

American McGay posted:

Man I’m still on 3 lmao.

2 for me. I've just had so many other things to play.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

rox
Sep 7, 2016

lets gooooooooo

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

I'm so impotently mad that this isn't released right now, this instant :argh:

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I was so wrong about AC Horizons. I thought it was a boring glorified wii walmart bargin bin game, but my gf compelled me to get it, and like many nintendo games, it’s deceptively deep. The amount of things to do in the game is truly impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone try Easy Come Easy Golf? Was wondering how many courses it has, and how plagued by micro transactions it is.