Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Someone in a Twitch chat I was in found a VRChat recreation of a circa-2005 Kmart, with working handheld bar code scanners for the actual name brand goods and everything. Just the most absurd amount of work to reproduce a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl4_puwlibY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drk
Jan 16, 2005

the 90s mallrock really makes it

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

If some dumbfuck company I didn't respect gave me $computertoucher to crank out a stupid product I didn't believe in, I'd dry my tears with hunned bands and half-rear end things as long as necessary.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Lucid Dream posted:

The fantasy of a metaverse is awesome, but the reality is dogshit. Best we're gonna get this decade is a fancy chat program with disconnected user created experiences that have cosmetics that cross over. It'll be compelling to the same people that like VR Chat or Roblox, but those games already exist anyway.

The thing is it's the inversion of the original idea. The snow crash metaverse was a punk asambalage of hackers and nerds looking for a place free from oppressive corporate states. Instead we have a bunch of tech billionaires who want to carve out corporate vr feifdoms, not understanding the fact that anything the average user sees no use for isn't going to be another magic hands moneymaker. It just goes to show Zuckerberg should have exited his position in Facebook a while ago. Instead he's just becoming another wall street lottery ticket idea story. He has no idea why it worked, and can't figure out why it hasn't worked again.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Truth Social HODL'ers reddit having a normal one

"" posted:

The believers among us know that this war is spiritual at it's foundations. It is obvious to us all that the enemy is attacking and attempting to block TRUTH social by using the media, corrupt SEC and other means.

BUT I BELIEVE THAT GOD WANTS THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH TO SPREAD. AND I BELIEVE THAT OUR GOD ALWAYS WINS...

I also believe that he wants the righteous and lovers of truth to be rewarded & supported for our efforts...Because he is a good a faithful God

Proverbs 14:22

Jeremiah 29:11

Early on many of us involved friends and family who are not on this crusade of truth, many who are not believers. But let's not give anymore 'pearls to pigs'

Matthew 7:6

So with all that in mind, let's stand in our authority as Christians today and declare all attacks against DWAC/TRUTH social be cancelled. Here's an example of a prayer I have been praying recently...

"I THANK YOU FATHER THAT YOU ARE USING THIS VEHICLE OF DWAC/TRUTH SOCIAL TO SPREAD YOUR SPIRIT OF TRUTH AND I THANK YOU THAT YOU GAVE ME THE EYES TO SEE AND EARS TO HEAR...

AND IN THE POWER AND AUTHORITY OF JESUS CHRIST I CANCEL EVERY DEMONIC ATTACK AND ASSIGNMENT OF THE ENEMY AGAINST DWAC AND TRUTH SOCIAL RIGHT NOW IN JESUS NAME!

I CANCEL EVERY ATTACK OF A.I, EVERY SUPPRESSION AND EVERY ALGORYTHM AGAINST DWAC IN JESUS NAME

I DECLARE THAT DWAC PROSPER AND THE MERGER INTO TMTG COMPLETE NOW IN JESUS NAME.

I DECLARE SUPERNATURAL SUCCESS OVER DWAC/TMTG THE LIKES OF WHICH HAVE NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE IN JESUS NAME.

AND I DECLARE EVERY ASSIGNMENT OF THE ENEMY AGAINST OUR TRUTH MOVEMENT CANCELLED NOW IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME....AMEN!"

This subreddit is amazing.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Barrel Cactaur posted:

The thing is it's the inversion of the original idea. The snow crash metaverse was a punk asambalage of hackers and nerds looking for a place free from oppressive corporate states. Instead we have a bunch of tech billionaires who want to carve out corporate vr feifdoms, not understanding the fact that anything the average user sees no use for isn't going to be another magic hands moneymaker. It just goes to show Zuckerberg should have exited his position in Facebook a while ago. Instead he's just becoming another wall street lottery ticket idea story. He has no idea why it worked, and can't figure out why it hasn't worked again.

It's been a long time since I've read Snow Crash but I'm pretty sure 99% of the Metaverse users were represented as regular old Facebook users, buying off-the-shelf player models and basically using it like an electronic shopping mall or hangout spot. Wikipedia informs me that the "real estate" in the Snow Crash Metaverse is owned by the Global Multimedia Protocol Group and is purchased from them; this is presumably the part of the book that made Zuckerberg cream his jorts.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I wonder if anyone at the time thought Jesus getting crucified would be good for bitcoin.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Pham Nuwen posted:

It's been a long time since I've read Snow Crash but I'm pretty sure 99% of the Metaverse users were represented as regular old Facebook users, buying off-the-shelf player models and basically using it like an electronic shopping mall or hangout spot. Wikipedia informs me that the "real estate" in the Snow Crash Metaverse is owned by the Global Multimedia Protocol Group and is purchased from them; this is presumably the part of the book that made Zuckerberg cream his jorts.

Yeah, the Metaverse in Snowcrash started out as a bunch of nerds looking for alternate spaces but after they started making business useful things and starting companies everything became corporatized and conglomerated. The main character was someone who was an early contributor but sold his shares and exited early because he didn't like the increasingly corporate environment and wound up poor instead of rich like a lot of his buddies and the entire thing had turned into a walled garden AOL/Facebook before the book starts.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
As best as I can tell, the enthusiasm for these 3d "metaverse" spaces (not just Facebook, but also Roblox and Epic/Fortnite) is because it is offering the big tech companies a chance to re-implement the internet, but this time with corporate control and monetization baked in at the most fundamental level (as opposed to the current internet which was built on a bunch of hippy-rear end open standards by volunteer labor).

The end goal is an MMO 3d space that everyone uses where the ad tracking is universal and unavoidable, the ads are unblockable, and you can be charged for everything you do or interact with. For the corporations, that's what the internet should have been in the first place.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

quote:

Wife isn't a believer

Guys, need help in how to convince the wife to back off. She is threatening to leave if I invest anymore. We have about $170,000 in an account for our son's college. I legitimately know there is a risk to use that money, but I KNOW that if we put it all in, we're going to come away with SO MUCH more.

Anyone else getting pushback like this and what arguments are you using to make your case.

In the end, it's family finance, so it's my call completely, but it would be nice to have her voluntarily in compliance with my decision.

quote:

Don’t spend more than you can afford to lose and especially don’t let it come between your marriage…We just have to have faith and pray that we will see a brighter future…it’s coming I know 😌

quote:

In all seriousness I wouldn't be investing more than you can afford to lose. The chances are good that this stock will be valued considerably higher into the long term, but right now its a risk play. Perhaps throw in a little more that's acceptable to both of you. Compromise.

quote:

Just get student loans the Gov. will pay for it. Drop at Least $70,000 MORE into DWAC. You'll thank me later!

quote:

Hell send your kids to a community college then transfer to a university lot less that you had to pay out of pocket. My two sons did that I did that granted I had pell grants and veterans grants so my school is paid for but my kids they came out with about $30,000 in debt one with a marketing degree the other with a business degree. Also they don’t need to go to an Ivy League college to get their degree.

quote:

I have no advice re: the wife, but do you really want to spend $170,000 for others to indoctrinate your child?

quote:

What about 50/50…invest half (your half) the college fund. Worst case you would have half of it left to kickstart your son’s college journey and he may have to do a thing called “work” to pay towards any after that. There’s nothing wrong with having your son pay towards his college education. My daughter told me she actually would have worked harder like some of her less fortunate friends if she didn’t have hers paid for. Just my two cents

quote:

quote:

Trade schools is where it’s at now. Colleges are overpriced and watered down. With the boomer generation and some gen x retiring from trades. The younger generation will be needed to fill the gap. Which means they will be paid higher wages at a younger age for a trade that has low supply of workers. Kids at 21-24 are making 55k and up which means if they save 5k each year then step up to saving 10k each year after that first 5 years. They will be able to retire in 20 years rather than working into their 60s.

Ground level pricing on dwac shares and warrants. The ds has thrown everything but the kitchen sink at trump and it Doesn’t stick. He’s building a parallel economy. Once in a lifetime opportunity. The best is yet to come! And I’m 6 figs deep and not selling until this thing hits 1000. He’s building a mega optimus prime with friends and supporters of non woke control for the world.

👆🏽THIS. 💯

quote:

Use the student loans. No brainer. Buy DWAC and let the government pay your kids education.

quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but whatever you decide to invest in DWAC regular stock, you will not lose it all as there is a limit as to how low it can go. At current price, if merger failed, you will get about 45% back. That's how I convinced my wife to invest even more. The way I see it is, if it fails, we lose some money but more important, we lose our country... if it succeeds, we are set for life. This is not financial advise, just how I feel about it.

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't put the whole amount in, I hope you're not doing that. I would have to side with your wife if that was the case. With my son's account, I'm a little bit more conservative. Investing in stocks like RIO, VALE, IBM, where there is a substantial dividend, along with expectations of capital gains. My son goes to College in 7 years, and I'm on a dividend reinvestment. I wouldn't blow the whole load on D-wack. I hope you're diversifying. Although, Dwac is the 2nd highest behind IBM in his account. About 25% of his portfolio.

I was thinking of going all in, honestly. Maybe I can adjust that to make her happy.

quote:

Do it go all in dwac to the moon! 🚀 🌙 That’s what you WANT to hear right? Unfortunately that I feel would be horrible advice, although I am not a financial advisor and any and all comments are strictly my own opinion and do not constitute financial advice; I would say be smart. As one other user mentioned maybe find a compromise, if there’s $170k saved maybe be a bit conservative and see if your wife would be willing to be okay with $40 or $50k, that way if you lost it (trust me I am heavily invested in DWAC since 10/21/21 and I believe it will do great things), however there is still substantial risk right now. Worst case scenario if you invested $50k into and lost it all then there would still be $120k for your kids tuition and that can pay for a very good degree in most universities. And even at $24/ share of you invested $50k that would net you over 2,000 shares which would still net a comfortable return if/when the merger takes place and the share prices increase in value.

Or convince your son to join the military and get his degree while serving (free college) then by all means enjoy your purchase of 7,000+ shares 🤷🏻‍♂️😂.

But again, this is all my opinion and not financial advice, you’re a grown man and have to live with the consequences of your actions and decisions. Keep us informed on what you end up deciding!!

quote:

quote:

Be a man, tell your wife to listen to you or hit the road

I found that a “I have a dream”-esque speech worked for me. I’m 20k deep in this stock.

quote:

$170k for college? I'd say that isn't even remotely worth it.

quote:

You don’t have the same freedom when you are married. Women like safety, men like freedom generally speaking. I would stay with her if she is a good woman. The other side of the coin, the kid needs to work to pay for the education or indoctrination.

quote:

Do you & your child a favor & let them pay for their own education. It will make them a better person & they will appreciate it much more and hopefully pass this same lesson down to their children. This is true love.

quote:

Should have started with the old It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission

quote:

quote:

Want a divorce? Don't be stupid. Make the right decision and take care of your family. We try to be overly bullish in here and speak a lot of hyperbole, but if someone is putting up their house, their son's college fund, or risking their marriage, it is no longer trading, it is gambling and it is not healthy.

gently caress your FUD!!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I'm guessing investing in DWAC is a bad idea but I don't know if that's a stock ticker or a more general financial acronym.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

quote:

Self-made millionaire credits his wealth to these 4 'unpopular' money rules: 'Don't buy anything you can lease'

quote:

Many people know how to earn money, but that's only a small part of the equation. You also have to know how to multiply it over time, and when you should — and should not — spend on something.

It took me 20 years of trial and error before I achieved a multimillion-dollar net worth. I had to exercise tremendous discipline and invest as much money as possible into income-generating assets.

Now, I draw income from the 18 companies I started, and the 12,000 apartment units I own that make passive income.

Here are the four unpopular money and spending rules I followed, at a young age, that helped me get rich:

quote:

Don't buy anything you can lease.

While working my way to becoming a millionaire, the only big-ticket items I would buy were ones that could increase my cash flow, such as commercial properties I could rent out.

I never bought anything I could lease — like a primary residence or car — so that I could avoid the higher monthly payments and upkeep costs associated with owning.

In 2012, for example, I sold my home and lived in rental houses for almost 10 years. This freed up more money for me to invest into money-generating real estate.

quote:

To this day, I still lease my cars. However, I never extend a lease for more than 24 months, even if it makes the bill more affordable. A lot can change in two years, and I try to avoid being stuck with a car that doesn't serve my needs.

quote:

Don't spend to impress others.

My goal has always been to create a legacy of generational wealth for my family. That was more important to me than buying things I didn't need.

So even when I could afford something, I didn't buy it just to impress my peers. Instead, I invested at a higher rate and built my wealth in private.

Even though I now have money to buy expensive things, I still consider myself as fairly frugal.

quote:

Only spend your passive income.

If I earned $100,000 a year from my job and $20,000 a year in passive income, I would try to only spend $20,000 on things beyond my basic living expenses.

All these rules require a great amount of discipline, and they might not be for everyone. Occasionally, I would wonder why I was working so hard but not able to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

But because I abided by these rules for two decades, I've successfully weathered several major recessions and a global pandemic.

quote:

Grant Cardone is the CEO of Cardone Capital, bestselling author of "The 10X Rule," and founder of The 10X Movement and The 10X Growth Conference. He owns and operates seven privately held companies and a $3.6 billion portfolio of multifamily projects. Follow him on Twitter @GrantCardone.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

FUD? In this economy?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

NGDBSS posted:

I'm guessing investing in DWAC is a bad idea but I don't know if that's a stock ticker or a more general financial acronym.
It's the blandly-named shell corporation ('Digital World Acquisition Company' or similar) that holds Truth Social and other Trump media properties.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

NGDBSS posted:

It's a dummy company that was created to merge with Trump's new social media platform "Truth Social" in order to make it a publicly traded company.

But, the merger fell through after Trump and two of his executives quit the company to prevent it from being subject to fraud lawsuits the Trump org is being deposed for right now.

The stock has lost 72% of its value, but a bunch of people went incredibly deep because they thought it would explode after the merger. Now, a bunch of people are holding out hope that they will still merge with Truth Social later after the lawsuits are over, so you need to get in now while there is a 72% discount!

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

NGDBSS posted:

DWAC is the "blank-check" SPAC formed to keep Trump's grift-mill going by bypassing the normal IPO regulations and taking "Truth Social" public.

Basically anyone who invests in it at all gets exactly what they deserve, but it's probably a good idea to discourage it anyways (because it will enable even worse).

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

YIKES :allbuttons:

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

it blows my mind the poo poo people waste money on. throwing money at SC is more lame than slotmachines imo.

The thing to remember with that number is it’s just a self reported statement by them, it’s not like a public company releasing its independently audited yearly results.

My moneys still on it being some weird pseudo ponzi thing we’re they’re just saying the number goes up every month as marketing because it keeps someone out there continuing to donate.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

https://www.reddit.com/r/DWAC_Stock/

It's a fascinating new level of memestock grift. Instead of sticking it to the banks, now every dollar they throw into a worthless stock is sticking it to the libs. They're not just going to get rich, they're all frontline heroes in a war for the soul of the country.

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They must have some wild development system or be ungodly slow with their updates. I can't imagine how you can spend almost 13 years in development and still only be up to Alpha build 3.0.

There's a great Star Citizen thread where you can keep up with the latest nondevelopments: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842241

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Vice President posted:

There's a great Star Citizen thread where you can keep up with the latest nondevelopments: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842241

Is anyone in that thread a believer?

:ohdear:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Residency Evil posted:

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
lmao

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

wasn't there a star citizen employee who had to quit because he was too fat to do his job

cspam covid thread is going places!!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Topic reminds me of this vid. https://youtu.be/w_0i45gbQUA
Thinking some folks in here mighty enjoy Patrick Boyle.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Residency Evil posted:

Any believers have long since been executed by elevator.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DWAC_Stock/

It's a fascinating new level of memestock grift. Instead of sticking it to the banks, now every dollar they throw into a worthless stock is sticking it to the libs. They're not just going to get rich, they're all frontline heroes in a war for the soul of the country.

This is good poo poo.

quote:

Lol I took out my savings and 50% of my 401k as a loan and put it all into DWAC... I have over 65k in now. If I had another place to live, I'd probably sell my house and put the cash up too. 😎🤷‍♂️🤣🇺🇸

Red October.

Nothing Can Stop What Is Coming

DECLAS and Indictments 11/11

State of Emergency

Blackout Necessary (Deep state big tech coverups)

Truth Social is the only place to see the facts

Merger BOOOOM by December

WWG1WGA

drk
Jan 16, 2005

FMguru posted:

It's the blandly-named shell corporation ('Digital World Acquisition Company' or similar) that holds Truth Social and other Trump media properties.

No, they dont hold anything except some money. They were unable to complete their merger in time, but got a 3 month extension somehow. If it fails to merge, the only thing DWAC holders receive is $10/share. Currently, buying that $10 costs nearly $19 (it actually traded as high as $100 earlier this year, which is surely part of the reason why people are trying to pump it online).

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Exciting new brand of crypto disclaimer

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Buy the dip

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Vox Nihili posted:

They bypassed about a thousand red flags to get to this point, but surely this ultimate red flag will stop them.

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

Third time's a charm!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

90 percent of gambler stop at the 3rd or 4th major red flag before hitting it big.

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

Residency Evil posted:

no but you'll learn great insight into the depraved minds of those who do believe, like monocle cat of roberts space industries presents star citizen the forums:

Mirificus posted:

quote:

While I agree with the sentiment the constant negativity and trolling is not aimed at CIG, they know they can't affect development that way. They have no intention of engaging in constructive criticism. They been doing it for years, the same arguments for years despite the same replies with proof of progress year after year.

So why do they do it?
Boredom - they have no passions of their own, those they do have don't have nearly the same level of update and change. Why did so many streamers migrate from NMS and ED? Is it because they ran out of viewers? No, it was because they have virtually nothing new to talk about, the game play doesn't change, it is repetitive. Aside from a few talking heads they have little to no engagement with the teams making their 'dream game'. The thing they don't like about Star Citizen is that even in it's 'unfinished state' it is changing more rapidly, has more to engage people and holds more promise for the future. In short - content - the sort of content that brings in the viewers. Which of course brings more people to the project. More people just itching to showcase the game and it's possibilities.

The arguments don't change, the attitude doesn't change. They can't see a future because they don't have the imagination to see how it could even be possible. Therefore any evidence to the contrary is simply ignored or misrepresented.

Trolling - not CIG, they are trolling the community members who they see as responsible for enabling CIG. They can't and generally won't accept that the project is mainly driven by new people joining, they have been convinced for years that only a small core of 'cult followers' is responsible for keeping CIG afloat, no matter how crazy that seems to a reasonable person they firmly believe it to be the case, because at one time that was the case. The Star Citizen backer community did start out with a fervent small core of supporters who came from the forums of Chris Roberts older games. That's why they try to chip chip chip away at the community, to drive away those 'core' people - and the truth is they have been successful to a point, there are many who backed the project who no longer visit the forums because of the constant negativity.

How have they managed to be so 'successful' at this trolling? one of them gave it away, to an extent, above they accused a respondent of knowing how to talk to stay just inside the rules enough not to get moderated - you see these trolls are moderators and former moderators on other game sites and communities, they know how the system works. Some of them were 'big fish' in the little pond that was the original Star Citizen community - they insist there must be thousands of dupe account holders because that was what they did - they opened many dupe accounts to be able to troll the forums, they even used the benefits offered to backers by CIG that resulted in the grey market to fund burner accounts so they could troll in the game as well as in the forums. People have infiltrated their groups, I have, we know where they come from, but they know we can;t talk about the specifics because it's against these forum rules, so of course, we're just crazy to even suggest the notion.

To cut a long boring story short, and if you go to the places where they hang out you'll find the topics generally are crass and boring, these guys are a mixture of old disaffected members of this community that Chris Roberts wife refers to as 'Special Snowflakes'. They were big backers movers and shakers in the very early days, the ones used to getting their names mentioned on every show put out by CIG. Have you noted that nowadays the name of the person who asks a question never gets mentioned on video Q&A's? They are the reason why. They are also professional trollers who used to troll other games (have you noticed Eve Online seems to be talked about a lot lately? How they keep insisting Star Citizen will be the same as Eve Online?) and have now found they can do it here because it's the wild west and the systems aren't in place to deal with them yet. Who do you think went out there and recruited them to come to Star Citizen?

They are the types who are easily affected by the influencers, they become the hangers-on parroting the half-truth talking points, they know they'll get backup from their crew in a way 'normal' forum members won't, they know they'll get the high fives back in their own little corners of the web. There is a video of one of them admitting they only come to troll, and where they come from, but the moderators wouldn't even let me give the name or the episode, even though Chris wife Sandi gave an interview on a Youtube channel hosted by someone from that 'verboten' channel. These are not fools, they know how to play the game, and they know how to wear people down. The 'game' to them is getting a rise out of community members, it is to make the forums toxic so that people stay away...

..and that's the key, because if people stay away - they think - that means no viewers for the streamers and Youtubers, no experienced community members to inform and support the newcomers. That means the game is shown off less often, and streamers are doing them a favour when they highlight the trolling in the game, that means less people see the project and what it is becoming. They get into Streamers comment channels and turn them toxic, a warning - don't try to tackle us, it's not worth your trouble if you rely on a viewership. This is why stream sniping is taken so seriously by CIG.

It's nice to see new people in the trenches fighting the good fight, as I used to and still do occasionally, but ultimately it won't make a difference to them - a mountain of facts and argument won't change their approach or attitude, they've been doing it for years.

There are two things they just can't deal with...

1. The information on this Google Docs page: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207

2. The enthusiasm of a community still willing to hope and dream enough to get out there on a daily basis in ever greater numbers and draw others in with that same enthusiasm and support. That's all you have to do, give the new people a positive experience and let the trolls see that they can't grind you down and drive you away. Pick up the gowns in the game, pull the trolleys away from blocking the spawn points. It doesn't matter whether anyone is right or wrong, it doesn't matter how forceful the arguments, as long as you are there and keep showing up - that's what they can't overcome. That's why they have such vehemence toward those of us who have been around years and years, who can refute their bullshit and FUD spreading, not to answer them since that is fairly pointless, no - it's to show those who haven't been around too long that the facts aren't as the perma-negative would like to insist they are.

Yes, it's been 10 years - why? Why should a game project take 10 years and so much money? They would have people believe Chris is skipping off with the dough on his yacht (even though he was a multi-millionaire in his own right semi-retired before he even started this project), or that a whole development team with literally hundreds of years experience between them have somehow gotten in on the idea of duping a whole gaming community, every single one of them incompetent they insist. Or could it be, just maybe, the scope of the project really is so huge that it actually takes 10+ years to make and that much money? The sort of time and money purely private investment wouldn't allow? That there really has never been anything like it before so they really can't do it the 'usual way', and it's unlikely there will be a project like it again for a very long time? Who put's out a partial playable alpha of a game of this scope to be added to ad infinitum free of charge once you have a game package for players to engage with?

We, as a community, gave future gamers something no-one else would even think to try, time and persistence of effort to make it happen.

It's not the money, those headlines come and go, it's the commitment. It's the promise to our future selves, we'll keep trying as long as we have the choice to do that.

Show them they can't drive you away, and they'll be eating their socks for years to come.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

you know, some brokebrained cryptodorks would read this as a genuinely positive thing

can't be stopped by the big bad government

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Probably only amusing to me, but former federal judge, now coinbase lawyer paul grewal is going on a long "privacy" rant on twitter. I assume it's just a complaint at kyc, or maybe tornado cash?

https://twitter.com/iampaulgrewal/status/1572389307654217732

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"privacy matters when it affects my ability to dodge tax"

I'm not kidding

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I find it hilarious that anyone has the stomach for investing in a Trump company given his history of corporate bankruptcy.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
History is a liberal conspiracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
also due dilligence