Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran

Digital Jedi posted:

In my listening to catch up to the back catalog I just got to the Lionel epsiode and it's amazing.

One of the all time greats. When Jordan said "go to lionellionellionellionellionel.com" I almost registered the domain and had it point to their website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Joe Pesci can only dream of being as odious and small as Lionel.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Episode was fun, but I'm kind of pissed that dude tipped his hand that far.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Listening to the latest episode and that comedienne is pick me elemental. Good god lady get off the stage

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
I've been going back through the old episodes and have to remind myself that Jordan is living through the Trump admin and cut him some slack for all the yelling

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Jordan points but with Toddy Barry energy. That would be perfect.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Relistening from the beginning and just got to the best moment in the whole series

"It's over for humanity, there will only be lone survivors."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The CT trial has started and is livestreaming on LawandCrime’s youtube.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Mr. Nice! posted:

The CT trial has started and is livestreaming on LawandCrime’s youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-quzLWGYDc

The link, if anyone wants it.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Have I missed anything crazy yet?

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

The plaintiff's lawyer made multiple objections during Norm's opening statement and Norm got called to the bench so that the judge could tell him to cut that poo poo out. Norm also ended it with "first they came for Alex Jones" because that worked out so well for Reynal.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

And this is the same thing in Texas, Jones has been defaulted and were here to figure out how much he owes?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yep.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Also the live chat in the feed is a hive of scum and villainy.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

I briefly tried to figure out if there was a quick way to block people in the chat in the iPad app, but it's easier to just keep it closed. YouTube commenters continue to be the worst of the worst.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is the state where Sandy Hook happened and there is no cap on punitive damages, so even if the Texas case gets knocked down to the 4.5 instead of the 50 million, he's probably going to get destroyed in this case.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Come check out the trial thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4008312&pagenumber=213&perpage=40

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Warning this trial so far is about 1000% less "fun" then the last one its basically gonna be a Lot of days like the Neal and Scarlet days.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, Reynal was incompetent but you knew he had a soul.

I cannot say the same for Pattis.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Frankly it'll start being fun-good rather than heart wrenching-good once Alex's side starts calling their witnesses

Also whenever infowars employees get called to the stand

Pattis is an awful person and I think I would be tempted to spit on him if i saw him in the street, which is not something i can say about any other human being

I wouldn't want to punch him because I don't want to touch him even that briefly

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

KitConstantine posted:

Frankly it'll start being fun-good rather than heart wrenching-good once Alex's side starts calling their witnesses

Also whenever infowars employees get called to the stand

Pattis is an awful person and I think I would be tempted to spit on him if i saw him in the street, which is not something i can say about any other human being

I wouldn't want to punch him because I don't want to touch him even that briefly

At one point the judge said she wanted to canvass Jones to make sure he's fully aware of what he's not allowed to say on the stand, because she will address contempt on the spot. His lawyer objected to the canvassing.

Here's the exchange:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-quzLWGYDc&t=9202s

There's no way Jones will be able to stop himself.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

That's a full 7 hours, what time does that happen at?

e: oh, it just didn't convert properly

stringless fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 14, 2022

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Something that may come up in a future episode:

https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1569485494894952449

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
They try to avoid talking about family personal stuff but that is pretty :stare:

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
The Tim Enlow guy mentioned in the article was first mentioned on the show during the aftermath of the Uvalde school shooting earlier this year. I don't know if this necessarily casts him in any worse of a light, though...

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Episode 182 about the Jim Bakker show where they have a doomsday guy on as Bakker's guest starts off with possibly one of the funniest exchanges I've heard on the podcast

Dan: so what do you know about Irvin Baxter
JorDan: i know that if you're an actual doctor you should not be anywhere near this show.
D: I got some thoughts about him being a doctor.
J: and they are all no.
D: well... I don't know how much I want to give away, but I will say that Irvin Baxter has no formal education

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Cracking the gently caress up right now because I started listening to episode 202 (September 4-6, 2018) and the first ten minutes of actual Alex Jones content is about his Google Analytics. He won't stop complaining about how no one will acknowledge his traffic is better than ever since getting kicked off YouTube, and he can prove it with his Google Analytics graph. He even says he'll post a video of their Google Analytics on Twitter (right before he got banned) to show everyone their spike in traffic. :allears:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Everett False posted:

Cracking the gently caress up right now because I started listening to episode 202 (September 4-6, 2018) and the first ten minutes of actual Alex Jones content is about his Google Analytics. He won't stop complaining about how no one will acknowledge his traffic is better than ever since getting kicked off YouTube, and he can prove it with his Google Analytics graph. He even says he'll post a video of their Google Analytics on Twitter (right before he got banned) to show everyone their spike in traffic. :allears:

lol and also lmao, send it to the lawyers

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Everett False posted:

Expect these moments where something being discussed years ago is suddenly especially relevant today to keep happening constantly. I've noticed this phenomena myself going through the back episodes.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Don't you just love it when your big dumb podcast about the biggest dumbest man on earth becomes admissible evidence in a trial

You love to see it folks

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Xakura posted:

lol and also lmao, send it to the lawyers

I wish there was some kind of email address where we could send episode and time stamp info for relevant evidence for the plaintiff’s counsel to sift through. Basically, a big people trickling in what I am sure would be mostly fluff or redundant…but then there is poo poo like finding a clip of Alex complaining about how he thinks his Google Analytics are rigged. Basically, do low effort but time consuming busy work for them which we do anyway as backlog listening TurboNerds.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Bankston was pretty engaged with the knowledge fight subreddit and they helped him out by directing him to various clips if I'm recalling correctly.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Confusedslight posted:

Bankston was pretty engaged with the knowledge fight subreddit and they helped him out by directing him to various clips if I'm recalling correctly.

Yeah unfortunately the ct lawyers are not or atleast don’t seem to be

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

LionYeti posted:

Yeah unfortunately the ct lawyers are not or atleast don’t seem to be

But Bankston is interfacing with the ct lawyers.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Cross-posting this from the trial thread

On the bankruptcy case… holy poo poo, the judge is going to hand InfoWars over to a trustee :roflolmao:

https://twitter.com/nytliz/status/1572380857268314112?s=46&t=kY3YHANXBUvYyKmVXN_nUA

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Holy loving poo poo.

Well curious to see what that looks like in practice after 2 weeks.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

So glad to see Jones firmly in the finding out phase after spending to much time loving about.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I almost feel sorry for the trustee. They're going to need to do a lot of cold-reading how Jones even ran his ack-basswards business, and not a lot of time to do it. Jones is definitely going to use that information disparity to defraud the bankruptcy court even further in the meantime.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I'm just gonna say :

Dan used to be an accountant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Morroque posted:

I almost feel sorry for the trustee. They're going to need to do a lot of cold-reading how Jones even ran his ack-basswards business, and not a lot of time to do it. Jones is definitely going to use that information disparity to defraud the bankruptcy court even further in the meantime.

I don't think they will have the same ability to keep info to themselves like when they are responsible for appointing their own corporate representatives.