Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

christmas boots posted:

I think Jeb can pull it off

this is how jeb! can still fix it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

blew texas

speng31b
May 8, 2010

democrats will never win in texas, idk why anyone ever made it seem like this could or would be a thing

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

speng31b posted:

democrats will never win in texas, idk why anyone ever made it seem like this could or would be a thing

Fundraising

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
has beto ever polled at anything but a loss for any office

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

this is what Beto gets for being too soft to invoke the Greg Abbott Challenge. shameful.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

You're a dumb piece of poo poo, I'm not carrying anyone's water. I just think the abortion issue is going to drive women to vote Dem like crazy.

I honestly believe this to be looking likely from my perch in a red state. The change in political winds is palpable since Dobbs in the suburbs at least. I'll concede I could be wrong, and of course revulsion of the conservative project might not manifest as votes for dems but rather abstention, but the vibe definitely went from "this guy succccccccckkkkkkks" to something along the lines of "I just don't know". My gut tells me that these people turn out to vote no matter what so I wouldn't be surprised if some expected gop wins don't materialize.

ClassActionFursuit has issued a correction as of 01:02 on Sep 21, 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HallelujahLee posted:

i dont think even the most pro dem turds think their keeping the house except maybe for the loser in this thread that carries water for them

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I didn't even know Beto was running for anything lol

I thought he was just out there doing random stuff to keep his name in the news for when he ran.

But nope this WAS the run. lmfao

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TX dems: it don't matter. none of this matters

speng31b
May 8, 2010

:hmmyes:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Dobbs is making a blue mirage. Repubs don't want to admit on surveys that they support a national abortion ban. Some actually are upset. But come election time they'll remind us all they have no spine and give Republicans both houses of Congress.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Got a Beto for Governor ad on YouTube, what I saw before skipping was a Prius with a Beto sticker pulling up next to a Ram with an Abbott sticker and a woman's voice saying "sometimes we disagree on the issues". Another win for team blue

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Covok posted:

Dobbs is making a blue mirage. Repubs don't want to admit on surveys that they support a national abortion ban. Some actually are upset. But come election time they'll remind us all they have no spine and give Republicans both houses of Congress.

like half of all democrat voters think abortion should be banned after the first trimester, or at least that it should be highly conditional.

for elected dems to pretend that they're the only thing standing between women & coat hangers is incredibly laughable, given their support of anti-choice pols like cisneros, kaine, casey and *cough* biden over the years, and their own wussy "pro-choice" language like wanting abortion to be "safe, legal & rare."

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
:lol:

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/sta...ingawful.com%2F

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

That may be the worst excuse since Alex Jones's amnesia chili

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is there a way to say karine jean-pierre seems like a worse press secretary than any of trump's, or any in memory, without having a crew cab dodge ram full of klansmen immediately pull up and agree with me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the white hand posted:

is there a way to say karine jean-pierre seems like a worse press secretary than any of trump's, or any in memory, without having a crew cab dodge ram full of klansmen immediately pull up and agree with me

just post clips of her saying dumb stuff with no comment other than "i love her"

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I miss The Mooch

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
He was a lowdown hoochie cooch

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

the white hand posted:

how is she worse than Psaki? Like she's obviously tap dancing because Pop-Pop made a whoopsie, but I haven't seen her try to deflect just by being a #girlboss. Psaki would have responded to that by being insufferably smug and saying "What you don't think covid is over?" only to immediately catch covid on live TV and lose a lobe of her lung from it.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah that's it, at least psaki had the smugness as a brand. infuriating to everyone but the base, but at least they enjoyed it

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

the white hand posted:

yeah that's it, at least psaki had the smugness as a brand. infuriating to everyone but the base, but at least they enjoyed it

Ah yeah I hadn't thought of that, you're right their target audience ate up the 'Psaki bombs' and would memoryhole the times she immediately ate poo poo.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

part of being an insufferable lib functionary is getting away with being wrong bc of acting like a smug rear end in a top hat.

just ask various dnd regulars & mods who shall not be named in this spoiler.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

docbeard posted:

I especially love that it implies that Biden was sundowning when he said it.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

docbeard posted:

Kreeblah posted:

I especially love that it implies that Biden was sundowning when he said it.

in what may be a poor attempt at humor-- my immediate reaction was "goddamn, why fly to switzerland for a dignified death when you can save money eating chili at a car show?"

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 04:07 on Sep 22, 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

oh, he only said it because he was distracted by how cool all the cars were

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lmao the dem press secretaries continue to suck rear end bc they have to make excuses and lies to reframe decrepit old mummy brain detritus

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cloks posted:

oh, he only said it because he was distracted by how cool all the cars were

hey, when i see a sweet ride on the street i also loudly announce that covid is over.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
first of all, the president has the mind of a child. a very grabby child

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

If you watch the clip she's saying that it's the first time the car show has happened since covid and was a sign that covid was finally over which is also stupid but not stupid in the same way the cut off quote makes it sound

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
So the president didn’t really mean the thing that his HHS secretary backed him up on?

lol

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Platystemon posted:

So the president didn’t really mean the thing that his HHS secretary backed him up on?

lol

That depends. Is it politically expedient for him to have meant it in the context of whoever is doing the interview at the moment?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
So the whole escalation with China and threat to use our military to protect Taiwan was just Joe getting excited by pretty cars too, right?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol that's pretty good spin

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lying is legal at the car show its in the constitution or whatever

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Biden wandering around like he hasn't seen a new car in three years, drat dude the pandemic must be over if they can put a bunch of cars in a big room all at the same time

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
none of these cars have covid

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I saw a car show in 2020 by accident.

I went on a walk and there was a classic car show in a parking lot along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

If you watch the clip

why the gently caress would i do that