Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I want to give Doom SNES a shot but I haven’t been able to get it running properly on my N2DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

bees x1000 posted:

I want to give Doom SNES a shot but I haven’t been able to get it running properly on my N2DS.

it's working for me on SNES9x, about as well as DOOM for the SNES can work at least

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

symbolic posted:

it's working for me on SNES9x, about as well as DOOM for the SNES can work at least

which app or retroarch core are you using? there’s a few.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

bees x1000 posted:

which app or retroarch core are you using? there’s a few.

SNES9x

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

hmmmm I’ve tried several different versions of SNES9x and they were slow. I’ll look for ones I missed.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm running version 1.5.5 if that helps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bees x1000 posted:

hmmmm I’ve tried several different versions of SNES9x and they were slow. I’ll look for ones I missed.

That's just the game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

bees x1000 posted:

lmao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just slammed a block of c4 into a control panel to power it, maybe

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

That's just the game

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

That's just the game

it's been so long since i've played DOOM i didn't even notice. dear god

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

herculon posted:

I will play Doom SNES, but not until tomorrow.

In Training posted:

You're a legend mate.

:hai:

lmfao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lmfao at the cow boss that just vibrates in the wall while you shoot it 30 times with the shotgun

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

lmfao at the cow boss that just vibrates in the wall while you shoot it 30 times with the shotgun

briefly thought this was about DOOM and wondered exactly wtf Williams added to the port

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

That's just the game

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

yeah it's just an abysmal port lol. i loaded it up last night on my rg351 to make sure it runs okay, seems to be as 'good' as i remember when i played it on an actual SNES as a kid

gonna play on UV, can't wait to get hit-scanned by several unintelligible smears of brown and grey pixels in the later levels

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

Lmfao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

: Clear the Game
: Do Not Die

Got kinda worried when I saw how fast the final boss moved but no lol, I had 7 full heals remaining at the end. Great cutscenes in this game. Man Resident Evil 2 is amazing.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

Got kinda worried when I saw how fast the final boss moved but no lol, I had 7 full heals remaining at the end. Great cutscenes in this game. Man Resident Evil 2 is amazing.

hell yeah, good job. tempted to try and blitz through the game for the Do Not Die trophy at the end of the year since all my deaths were pretty avoidable but idk if i want to deal with double-phase Dubois again

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

symbolic posted:

hell yeah, good job. tempted to try and blitz through the game for the Do Not Die trophy at the end of the year since all my deaths were pretty avoidable but idk if i want to deal with double-phase Dubois again

lol I ran past the 2nd one

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

lol I ran past the 2nd one

oh my god :negative:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Nicely done!

symbolic posted:

oh my god :negative:

lol I love this game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

went to download snes doom at my usual spot and lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

but what of the green lizards?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

lmfao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

went to download snes doom at my usual spot and lol

lmao

to some degree, believable enough to be acceptable for what it is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sounds like I need to check out Marathon and custom Marathon levels.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
marathon looks really cool but also like it'll give me a mental illness.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Chekhov's Cow

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hey, it’s that dog.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Made it just in time. Really cool game, very enjoyable as a kind of RE-lite, cutscenes and voice acting were hilarious, last boss was a pain in the rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Me fighting the last boss

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
: Beat Disc 1

might have to circle back to this at new years but i'm gonna keep truckin

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

been cracking up at this every single time lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdX5UDgQ8x0

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Me fighting the last boss

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

- Beat the game
- Don't Die Once (PLATINUM TROPHY)

Going for no deaths made the game scary, which it probably wouldn't have been otherwise. It made me paranoid with first aid kits which was probably helpful because this is the one game where you actually should save all your big heals for the final boss, like Arch Nemesis said

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lol