Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i watched true lies last night, but went to bed with about 20 minutes left to go. ill finish it tonight. movie was just too long for what it was

still pretty fun and very, very 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

pseudorandom name posted:

there's like 10 novels
they're good reads bront

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Put a random pin in my PLEX library last night, got ZERO EFFECT, which I absolutely do not remember adding ever. Anyway, a light and unchallenging detective / mystery movie that's apparently a retelling of a Sherlock Holmes story. Cast was good, Bill Pullman was a lot of fun as the twitchy main lead, and Ben Stiller remarkably un-irritating as his Watson. The mystery was laid out so you could follow the clues and there's a couple good 'oh poo poo but-' moments in it. Certainly not essential viewing but I didn't feel my time was wasted.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 18, 2022

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tried watching commando last night. gf wasn’t into it so watched ring eps 2&3 and I enjoy it a lot

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I have Zero Effect on laserdisc and just had never got around to watching it when I had all that a/v crap setup lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
watched death of stalin the other day. some good performances in there, some good scenes, but tbh overall the movie fell flat for me.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Put a random pin in my PLEX library last night, got ZERO EFFECT, which I absolutely do not remember adding ever. Anyway, a light and unchallenging detective / mystery movie that's apparently a retelling of a Sherlock Holmes story. Cast was good, Bill Pullman was a lot of fun as the twitchy main lead, and Ben Stiller remarkably in-irritating as his Watson. The mystery was laid out so you could follow the clues and there's a couple good 'oh poo poo but-' moments in it. Certainly not essential viewing but I didn't feel my time was wasted.

My wife is a huge bill pullman fan, and I'm sure hasn't seen this movie so now I have to get it

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The Fool posted:

My wife is a huge bill pullman fan, and I'm sure hasn't seen this movie so now I have to get it

it's also set in Portland and kim dickens is pretty good in it

NMN summed it up pretty well

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Chris Knight posted:

I have Zero Effect on laserdisc and just had never got around to watching it when I had all that a/v crap setup lol

if you ever decide to sell your laserdisc player, hit me up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
apparently laserdiscs May become extinct because the glue holding the sides together has started decomposing and so far there's no fix

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1570886923207737345

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
The MCU is definitely too big now.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mondays...

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/friendlykitties/status/1571755129464061952

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

apparently laserdiscs May become extinct because the glue holding the sides together has started decomposing and so far there's no fix
Laser rot is real my friend

mystes
May 31, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

Laser rot is real my friend
Same but brain rot

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

gf and i watched predator tonight, she hadn't seen it

still holds up. god drat the predator design is amazing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/TitlesInMedia/status/1571882847795019776?s=20&t=xTptUX9eG8rPlaNEPCCsmg

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
what kind of music is the infinity train soundtrack? i want more like that

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

the kids are calling it “ska” music

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Casual Encountess posted:

the kids are calling it “ska” music

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

increasingly feel like a few to many committees were involved in making rings of power. it's starting to feel very by-the-numbers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i like how the races look really different so it’s easy to follow

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

i like how the races look really different so it’s easy to follow

/sarc?

not like those drat dwarves in the hobbit, biggest dwarves you ever see

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol I don’t mean to imply it’s different elsewhere, just that it appeals to my simple brain to follow

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
aw yiss

https://twitter.com/charltonbrooker/status/1572198714537639939

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBt-mXIY-tI

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

hell yeah

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

watching Total Recall for the first time and the intro slideshow turns the dumb sci fi movie stuff all the way up to 11 immediately. love it

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Filmmakers nowadays aren't brave enough to do the entirety gratuitous triple nipple

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
tbh Verhoeven is (or at least was) a master of that kind of thing. Robocop and Total Recall and Starship Troopers would be extremely different movies if they played it straight

even Showgirls has its lovely, lovely charm

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

distortion park posted:

Filmmakers nowadays aren't brave enough to do the entirety gratuitous triple nipple

pre:
( . Y . ) boobs
( o Y o ) milf boobs
( . Y . Y . ) total recall
( . Y : ) mallrats

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I googled it and was surprised to discover he wasn't recently divorced when he made this.

It's a fun but very dumb film

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Those 3 boobs were such a formative part of my early teens.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Those 3 boobs were such a formative part of my early teens.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i know anime is against the rules but I recently finished attack on titan and that poo poo was so good. can’t believe I gotta wait for 2023 for the finale

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i watched a couple episodes of that and didn't like it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
same, same.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i hate to be the guy that says “you gotta give it a chance, it gets good, trust me” but it really does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i really disliked the animation style, much like i couldnt stand more than 30 seconds of Arcane.