Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Wollawolla posted:

Her ideal role is supporting characters that want to normal attack frequently and fast, which is basically Yoimiya, Ayato, and physical DPS Fischl. The parry mechanic is nice, but it’s really only used for a quick skill activation to charge burst while your carry’s skill is on cooldown.

I suspect she might be good with Cyno when he comes out, his burst mode attacks seem pretty reasonably fast. Something like Cyno, Zhong Li, Yun Jin and Dendro MC/Collei sounds like a pretty decent team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Consider that Geo is good because Ningguang is good.

But yeah there are a lot of problems with Geo and I am kind of hoping for a Dendro-esque rework.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The main problem with Geo is that you need more 5 stars than other similar teams to match their power levels. If you have a decent constellation gorou and 5 stars, good! If not, uh.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

The main problem with Geo is that you need more 5 stars than other similar teams to match their power levels. If you have a decent constellation gorou and 5 stars, good! If not, uh.

Also Gorou is terrible for Ning before C6

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I want playable paimon

yknow if dragalia lost can make its flying mascot playable, why not the Paister?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Nyoro posted:

I want playable paimon

yknow if dragalia lost can make its flying mascot playable, why not the Paister?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

No. Paimon is dumb and eats too much

If I wanted to be Paimon I'd just log off

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Paimon c6 passive: You can skip dialogue and cutscenes. Hoyoverse deemed "richest company in human history" within first 24 hours of banner

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Unlucky7 posted:

Just rolled Dori. Not hearing good things in the thread about her but I will give her a spin for a bit.

Is Geo still in a weird spot? I remember that some consider it a waste of a slot. That said this was way back when the game was newish and half remembered.

She's actually decent with your group of characters. People are down on her because she doesn't really have a slot if you have a huge roster of 4 stars who are already built. You don't have a Raiden or a Kuki Shunobu whom she competes with.

She's actually a really good healing character for your current group.

e: Maybe even really good, considering she helps with ER, and you're limited in your ER offerings. Make sure you complete her trial so you can get her upgrade materials.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 20, 2022

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Also on Geo it'd be nice if they put Gorou on a banner that wasn't just Itto.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I know Dori is hypothetically decent(?) but I'd transmute mine into Shinobu in a heartbeat. Hopefully they put her on Nahida banner and I'm able to pick up at least 3 copies :)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Eimi posted:

Also on Geo it'd be nice if they put Gorou on a banner that wasn't just Itto.
Are there even comps besides 3+ Geo units with Itto where Gorou works well? Or do you just mean so it's easier to get his constellations? I wouldn't complain about getting more, since I have him at C0 and that healing constellation would be very hand.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Coolness Averted posted:

Are there even comps besides 3+ Geo units with Itto where Gorou works well? Or do you just mean so it's easier to get his constellations? I wouldn't complain about getting more, since I have him at C0 and that healing constellation would be very hand.

Gorou works well in every geo comp, it's just for Ningguang he needs c6. Itto is technically the best damage dealer available but Noelle and Ning need him too.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Apparently Layla and Nahidas splash art from 3.2 got leaked but the leakers account got nuked before more than a blurry thumbnail could spread.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Nyoro posted:

I want playable paimon

I'm still expecting Paimon to be the last Archon or something.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Playable paimon's burst makes them stay on field as paimon and compliment the other characters' attacks

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Paimon's burst forces enemies to explore this area later. Then they turn around and walk into a cliff face multiple times until the game respawns them in the middle of Mondtstadt.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Maxwell Adams posted:

Paimon's burst forces enemies to explore this area later. Then they turn around and walk into a cliff face multiple times until the game respawns them in the middle of Mondtstadt.

Paimon murdered my fischl once by forcing her to turn around and walk off a cliff

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Paimon murdered my fischl once by forcing her to turn around and walk off a cliff
one time paimon got me stuck between two 'we should come back later' points where shed just walk me back and forth between them endlessly

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
My first Welkin Moon is about to run out, so I've been playing for about a month and a half now.

I have a ranked list of all the 5-star characters I'm interested in. I've got my plan locked in two and a half months in advance -- maybe longer, if the speculation about upcoming banners is wrong -- and I wrote a script to help me calculate exactly how many primos I can risk on other ventures in the mean time.

I might have a problem, but at least it's the opposite of the kind that leads to spending outrageous amounts of money.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 21, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I usually just wing it so you're doing better than me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dendro Archon might be the first irreplaceable archon because our current dendro crop is like not amazing

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Dori's the first Sumeru electro character, but she's terrible when it comes to applying electro to Sumeru puzzle objects. Her projectiles will target whatever widget is hidden instead of the fuzzy dendro bug she needs to hit to reveal the widget. Her burst can work but it's fiddly compared to swapping to Fischl

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I kinda hope the dendro archon sucks because it's nice having a reason to actually use the protagonist of this game to play the game lately, rather than just sticking them in your pocket to take out during cutscenes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you want dendro resonance in a non-tighnari team youll probably still want dendro mc for a while

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Making Dendro MC's E hitbox 3-dimensional would go a long way in making them feel more usable.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It would be interesting if they added some extra, Traveller-specific progression system that let you build them up into a top-tier character in any given element over time. It wouldn't really risk making anyone else irrelevant, because you could still only use one of their forms at a time.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Traveler is complete garbage and that makes me sad

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Traveler will get good when A) they get their inevitable final chapter power up, or B) they become an actual character, whichever comes first.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Vargs posted:

I kinda hope the dendro archon sucks because it's nice having a reason to actually use the protagonist of this game to play the game lately, rather than just sticking them in your pocket to take out during cutscenes.

I can't even imagine it lol.

DMC is so perfectly balanced to be just on the cusp of being an unambiguously good unit, there's no doubt in my mind that they specifically designed her to be a test run that they're gonna balance Dendro Archon around. Everything about her is just almost good enough, like they were deliberately dialing her power back to see which friction points in her kit people would pay money for roll a new character to fix.

Nyoro posted:

Traveler is complete garbage and that makes me sad

DMC's fine, basically Kaeya tier. 5/10, one of the units of all time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

geo mc is an alright fourth slot in mono geo teams if you dont have albedo

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

My first Welkin Moon is about to run out, so I've been playing for about a month and a half now.

I have a ranked list of all the 5-star characters I'm interested in. I've got my plan locked in two and a half months in advance -- maybe longer, if the speculation about upcoming banners is wrong -- and I wrote a script to help me calculate exactly how many primos I can risk on other ventures in the mean time.

I might have a problem, but at least it's the opposite of the kind that leads to spending outrageous amounts of money.

Any chance you could share the script? That sounds useful.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Dendro Traveler would be fine if they didn't have the absolute worst skill. Stubby short, absolutely 0 vertical range, like using it on a slope basically is a waste of time and its cooldown is too long for how basic it is.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

FractalSandwich posted:

It would be interesting if they added some extra, Traveller-specific progression system that let you build them up into a top-tier character in any given element over time. It wouldn't really risk making anyone else irrelevant, because you could still only use one of their forms at a time.

I thought with the whole knowledge crystal thing they could have a knowledge crystal that let you switch to a different main weapon type- doing so would also be an opportunity to alter skills/talents too. But nope, just 0.032% increase in combat efficiency

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
oh my gosh imagine traveler the universal weapon user

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm just waiting for them to finally let us play as cutscene Traveler, who has the power to quickswap elements. And if that's too complicated (it probably is) maybe we'll eventually get double elements Traveler. Anemo + Geo (as seen in a cutscene!), Electro + Dendro, Hydro + Pyro and then Ice can sit in the corner and be sad.

Alternatively maybe we'll get to recruit our sibling as an Abyss element user and they'll be OP.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Lazy_Liberal posted:

oh my gosh imagine traveler the universal weapon user

It's an avenue that the game could potentially go down at some point in the future- give new weapons to existing characters and reflavour /redo their talents to for a different niche. Qiqi with a catalyst. Diluc with a polearm. Bow-Mona?

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
I've complained about being shown up and chumped by NPCs in cutscenes but it's totally ok if the cute little plant guys do it.

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'm just waiting for them to finally let us play as cutscene Traveler, who has the power to quickswap elements. And if that's too complicated (it probably is) maybe we'll eventually get double elements Traveler. Anemo + Geo (as seen in a cutscene!), Electro + Dendro, Hydro + Pyro and then Ice can sit in the corner and be sad.

Alternatively maybe we'll get to recruit our sibling as an Abyss element user and they'll be OP.

Someone up-thread suggested letting the traveler take up multiple slots as different elements. That would be pretty cool.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I will never use traveler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Captain France posted:

Any chance you could share the script? That sounds useful.
I do a lot of manual fiddling to test specific scenarios, so I don't have a nice clean cohesive tool to share, but here's the gacha class I use for my sims and a simple example of how I use it, for whatever that's worth.

Sorry if my style is a bit wonky. I've only used Python a few times before. I'm used to thinking in C#.