Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/toygrind/status/1572224259790979075?s=21&t=2dXdihrXolHCUczejTukyg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's so cool, good for him.

Stopped at Target today, they'd just stocked the TF section with new stuff so I picked up Wildrider. Backpack ahoy but looks pretty great otherwise. Killer alt mode.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm trying to divest myself of parasocial relationships but I definitely agree that it is very cool that someone like Thew, who has made well over a decade's worth of content, is receiving these sorts of opportunities. Just seems like a decent dude who's passionate about transformers making wholesome content.

Good on him.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

That's so cool, good for him.

Stopped at Target today, they'd just stocked the TF section with new stuff so I picked up Wildrider. Backpack ahoy but looks pretty great otherwise. Killer alt mode.

Wildrider’s backpack is way bigger and more awkward than it feels like it should be.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I'm trying to divest myself of parasocial relationships but I definitely agree that it is very cool that someone like Thew, who has made well over a decade's worth of content, is receiving these sorts of opportunities. Just seems like a decent dude who's passionate about transformers making wholesome content.

Good on him.
just enjoy who you want to enjoy and keep a reminder with you that they're entertainers, not your friends, and you're good. it's okay to be happy for them

I'm super loving excited for him getting this opportunity, since I started watching him and remember him complaining of his other job, then moving on to being able to do his reviews full time, and now gets to host something like this? that's rad.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

The_Doctor posted:

Wildrider’s backpack is way bigger and more awkward than it feels like it should be.

It's REALLY weird, why does it have to have those hinges for the wheels?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I assume it’s part of the Menasor thing?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I was browsing Amazon transformers and noticed they have Legacy Dragstrip for $19 if anyone needs him still

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Wildrider is definitely weird. It doesn't feel like there were that many Menasor-induced engineering pressures to make his backpack so big to begin with, and then his backpack wound up big, and they didn't have the budget to actually shrink it so they gave you options to display it instead.

Or maybe they wanted the "heel" in calf mode to be a certain size, and they couldn't maintain those proportions without making the backpack huge.

It's weird that the leg-bot we've seen so far barely transforms to become calf-meat, but his transformation is more severely impacted than the arm guys who need to bisect.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Eee, Black Zarak for £70 from the Entertainer, I'm really tempted. That's barely a quid per cm of toy...

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Marmaduke! posted:

Eee, Black Zarak for £70 from the Entertainer, I'm really tempted. That's barely a quid per cm of toy...

If I didn't already have Scorponok I'd be really tempted by that. He's a great toy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Wildrider's unfolded backpack is apparently supposed to remind one of an Evel Knievel or other stunt rider's half-cape. Perhaps Elvis, maybe.

I can see it, but I also think it's silly, both in a good and bad way.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Marmaduke! posted:

Yeah, I couldn’t pass that up. Even if he just sits in storage for a year.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Wildrider's unfolded backpack is apparently supposed to remind one of an Evel Knievel or other stunt rider's half-cape. Perhaps Elvis, maybe.

I can see it, but I also think it's silly, both in a good and bad way.

If so, it's an oddly stylistic move in an era that spends most of its time being almost excruciatingly accurate to source material, rather than reinventing silhouettes (at least when it comes to Sunbow and ILM designs).

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

If so, it's an oddly stylistic move in an era that spends most of its time being almost excruciatingly accurate to source material, rather than reinventing silhouettes (at least when it comes to Sunbow and ILM designs).

I could have sworn it was one of the designers on one of Hasbro's livestream reveals that said it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Oh I'm not doubting that it's true, just remarking that that kind of "redesign" is a departure from the past 4 years of going out of their way to make screen-faithful designs

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Marmaduke! posted:

Wow, is he cheap anywhere in the US right now?

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

Oh I'm not doubting that it's true, just remarking that that kind of "redesign" is a departure from the past 4 years of going out of their way to make screen-faithful designs

The good news is that you don't have to open up his hood at all, and because of the hinge you can have it be frontwards or backwards. It's kinda neat, actually.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm watching the Kingdom series and man some of this voice acting is hosed. Optimus... fills... every sentence... with so many... dramatic... pauses... Half the characters are pretty good matches for their original voices and then there's distractingly different ones like Tigatron and dumbass bootlicker surfer bro Beast Megatron. But it's all so painfully slow, I'm watching at 1.25x and it barely ever feels sped up.

E: Tigatron and Dinobot should be playing each other's characters gdi

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Oh yeah I have Wildrider and I'm plenty happy with him.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dabir posted:

I'm watching the Kingdom series and man some of this voice acting is hosed. Optimus... fills... every sentence... with so many... dramatic... pauses... Half the characters are pretty good matches for their original voices and then there's distractingly different ones like Tigatron and dumbass bootlicker surfer bro Beast Megatron. But it's all so painfully slow, I'm watching at 1.25x and it barely ever feels sped up.

Oh it’s loving awful. Optimus keeps that dumb bullshit Speaking cadence throughout all 3 series and since he’s a main pov character it ruins the entire series.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Predacons' lines were definitely written with their original voices in mind, except for the times Megatron sucks up to Megatron. Dinobot and Megatron's VAs are just desperately unsuitable for their parts

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I guess if you want a Peter Cullen performance you gotta pay Peter Cullen money.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhymenoserous posted:

I guess if you want a Peter Cullen performance you gotta pay Peter Cullen money.

didn't they specifically not want Cullen for these shows? like they used non union cast or something?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

didn't they specifically not want Cullen for these shows? like they used non union cast or something?

Yeah. This is done by Rooster Teeth which is in Texas and thus a non-union outfit.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah gently caress them for that too.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Still, I could do a better loving job. And the last thing I acted in was my school's production of The Beasts of Saint Bozo's when I was eleven. I was the history teacher.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Dabir posted:

The episodes of WFC I did watch, I just put up to 1.5 speed and that was fine. It gave everyone normal speaking cadence.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Doesn't matter how fast you watch it though, you're still only getting one, maybe two onscreen transformations per episode.

I really wish that show had been better.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Finishing up my Optimus Prime Shrine.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

Doesn't matter how fast you watch it though, you're still only getting one, maybe two onscreen transformations per episode.

I really wish that show had been better.

Blackarachnia's transformation in episode 5 was so blatantly cheap I had to rewind and watch it over a few times to be sure I'd just seen it. Transformation sound, flash of light, now she's a spider. Quality poo poo.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Dabir posted:

Blackarachnia's transformation in episode 5 was so blatantly cheap I had to rewind and watch it over a few times to be sure I'd just seen it. Transformation sound, flash of light, now she's a spider. Quality poo poo.

I liked Scorponok. One mode, falls down a big hole, transformation sound, robot mode jumps out of hole.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Eyespy posted:

[thew] Optimus... Shprime? [/thew]

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I can’t remember if anyone is in Dublin any more, but Dublin City Comics have got 50% off virtually everything, so I grabbed legacy Skids for €15. They had some really good bits in there, and I could have spent a lot. 😬

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I'm in London now, but I'm kept aware of what DCC is upto. They regularly do great sales.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Eyespy posted:

It’s not finished until you get one of literally every Optimus Prime piece of merchandise ever made. :colbert:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Eyespy posted:

I genuinely like the MP01 design a lot. I like the extra mechanical things added, and how the proportions make him look like a guy in a robot suit.

MP 10 is still the best looking Optimus Masterpiece though.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Xenomrph posted:

It’s not finished until you get one of literally every Optimus Prime piece of merchandise ever made. :colbert:

Don’t threaten me with a good time.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Burkion posted:

I genuinely like the MP01 design a lot. I like the extra mechanical things added, and how the proportions make him look like a guy in a robot suit.

MP 10 is still the best looking Optimus Masterpiece though.
Agreed, the little working pistons and moving leg vents and things were really cool touches that I wish they'd carried over to MP-10.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dabir posted:

I love surfer dude Megatron and his penchant for dynamic entries from trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Behold Breakdown:

I'm not surprised he's a Wildrider remold, but I am disappointed he didn't get a new front end. He doesn't look much like a Lambo, and they're going to look almost identical in car mode. Just a different rear window.

Lots more pics of him as a heel here: https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/09/23/takara-tomy-hobby-expo-round-up-first-look-at-legacy-wildrider-haslab-victory-saber-and-more-465825