Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Outer worlds sucks. Absolute rubbish.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hardspace is sim zen gaming ambrosia.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
One of my favourite things about Hardspace is the sound design. Removing the engine and throwing it away into the incinerator makes such a pleasant low rumbling noise.

Been playing it in early access on my PC for years. :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Cancel the debt!

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Hardspace is sim zen gaming ambrosia.

Out on gamepass today. thank you phil!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

secured a PS5, immediately downloaded and played Intelligent Qube for the PS1.

Gaming in the 21st century, baby! :wcc:

serious question: got a code for Horizon 2. Any reason to play Horizon 1 first to know why the manlets are shrieking about the character in a post-apocalypse having a wisp of hair on her face?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yes, play Horizon 1 first. The story in 2 follows on from it in major ways. Plus it’s just a really good game.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Outer worlds sucks. Absolute rubbish.

It isn’t even that it’s rubbish it’s just loving bland and boring as poo poo.

It’s like going to a theme park and being able to tell at a glance that all the theming is just novelty plastic cladding on top of a bunch of dull grey boxy buildings.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

crossposting a goated image

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Gonna riot if this doesn’t come to Piss5 or PissVR2

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1572372646012260353?s=21

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

crossposting a goated image

Weird Mighty Max vibes from this

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Aipsh posted:

Nasty

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Weird Mighty Max vibes from this

my very first thought :respek:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Aipsh posted:

Omg the loving victory club horn on the grading screen

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Deathloop has the same writing as Forspoken but it's a man talking so I guess it was deemed ok

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

JBP posted:

Deathloop has the same writing as Forspoken but it's a man talking so I guess it was deemed ok

Lol this thread sometimes

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's starting to become an easier task to name games that don't have Forspoken dialogue at this point.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

That's America's "hackamajig"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lady yelling American writer witty babble

Man yells whoa did we date and dies

Man says wow we really did date I need to stop drinking and a laugh track plays

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If you told me the forspoken trailer was a parody of this game I'd believe you

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
That's one of the best parts of Deathloop for me :shrug:

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
More like Forjokin'

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Aipsh posted:

Inspiring me to dig my trombone out of the closet

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The writing in desthloop was pretty bad but at least the actors sold it as best they could and got a good performance out of it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

When I think of good performances the first thing that comes into my head is modulating pitch wildly and being abrasively zany

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

fridge corn posted:

The writing in desthloop was pretty bad but at least the actors sold it as best they could and got a good performance out of it.

yeah Colt's dialogue was some bad poo poo, especially if you know the plot twist that Julianna is Colt's daughter, not girlfriend / ex like why would we want their "are they? aren't they?" . Personally would prefer Colt to be more into whether he and Ramblin' Frank had history or nah. The voice delivery in general are good which sold the whole thing.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Colt screaming like a little girl when you get a ton of people shooting at you is S-tier

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Shrecknet posted:

secured a PS5, immediately downloaded and played Intelligent Qube for the PS1.

Gaming in the 21st century, baby! :wcc:

serious question: got a code for Horizon 2. Any reason to play Horizon 1 first to know why the manlets are shrieking about the character in a post-apocalypse having a wisp of hair on her face?

Play Horizon 1 for context and shooting robodinos, then play Horizon 2 for more post apocalyptic shenanigans.

The manlets are mad that Aloy doesn't look like a Victoria's Secret model, clearly THE WOKES :argh: are ruining video games.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

stev posted:

Genichiro is there to teach you that Sekiro is a rhythm game, and that once you learn and perfect the rhythm you can breeze through anything.

Also the lightning thing.

It's funny, Elden Ring was the first FROM game that really grabbed its hooked into me (Platinumed it), and I thought it was pretty difficult (until I was over leveled), but the first few hours of Sekiro weren't that difficult for me. It's probably because I've played so many rhythm based games my entire life.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
lol at u erudite nerds who think you dont just talk Like That yourselves its shameful exceptionalism and a good way to tell whose opinions matter least since they are ~not ur peeeeeeeers~

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

"wannabe better than u" implies they think theyre not hahahahaha

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
:dafuq:

Hey Casnorf it's OK to take a break once in a while

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Or I can give you a casual breakdown of exactly the thought processes that lead to this line of logic, since it always starts from the same assumptions. I mean, the ones what already decided I'm a fart-huffing nerdlinger are just gonna make fun of that no matter what I say, so enjoy, I suppose. I liked Deathloop, and I liked it enough that I reinstalled it last night. I have no idea if the new content is in yet, and it really doesn't matter greatly. I'm gonna enjoy playing it either way. I liked the implication of sexual tension between the leads and the wonderful subversion when it's absolutely not the case. It was a good early reveal, in that you had to recontextualize everything one of them said and see that it all still works. That's good writing!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Deathloop is an OK video game with writing that doesn't do it for everyone and that's OK. Not everything Arkane makes will be great. It was worth it for a single playthrough but I haven't given it any thought since

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Macichne Leainig posted:

Deathloop is an OK video game with writing that doesn't do it for everyone and that's OK.

this is rad lots of great games fall into this category

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

fridge corn posted:

Inspiring me to dig my trombone out of the closet

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Macichne Leainig posted:

Deathloop is an OK video game with writing that doesn't do it for everyone and that's OK. Not everything Arkane makes will be great.

everything they make is great though

(i have not played Deathloop)

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I spent like three days doing nothing but playing Deathloop and avoiding reading anything about it, and when I finished it I was extremely surprised that everyone seemed to hate it. I thought it was a great followup to Dishonored, but I guess some people thought it was going to be an open-ended puzzle game because of the original marketing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’ve liked most Arkane games on paper but never clicked with one in action. I’m not sure why. They just don’t do it for me. I’ll have to try Deathloop since it’s free on PS+ now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’ve liked most Arkane games on paper but never clicked with one in action. I’m not sure why. They just don’t do it for me. I’ll have to try Deathloop since it’s free on PS+ now.

Yeah same. I love the idea of Dishonoured and Prey but I didn't get anywhere near beating either of them.