Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
His first half was still pretty good for Tua, actually. Hill dropped a pass that hit him right in the chest that got picked and then he threw an INT that every single top 5 QB has thrown going for a chunk play before half.

I know it’s hard for Bills fans to imagine because you all have been so dominate for so many years and Bills fans have famously always been completely sold on Josh Allen but the disappointment of yet another season going down the tubes got the best of us.

None of us are proud of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Imagine how good the dolphins will be when they dump him for lamar

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

t a s t e posted:

remind me

how many 2022 week 2 afc nfl players of the week awards does lamar have?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I am all in for the second coming of Chad Pennington in Tua

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

t a s t e posted:

Basically rooting for Tua to play just well enough that the Dolphins aren't in on Lamar.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

Basically rooting for Tua to play just well enough that the Dolphins aren't in on Lamar.

You just made me realize that even if Tua has a good season our owner is gonna try and gently caress it all up by publicly trying to bring in Lamar and falling flat on his face again.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/1572591004900892673?s=20&t=Cpc9qZoDex7HnFTdZduRdw

Facts

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheBizzness posted:

You just made me realize that even if Tua has a good season our owner is gonna try and gently caress it all up by publicly trying to bring in Lamar and falling flat on his face again.

Could easily see a scenario where the Dolphins get another player over the Jets because of taxes or some other stupid bullshit if Wilson doesn't play well this year.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Bills have Josh Allen and a Defensive line that never stops sacking our QB and that was BEFORE Von Miller.

mcmagic posted:

Could easily see a scenario where the Dolphins get another player over the Jets because of taxes or some other stupid bullshit if Wilson doesn't play well this year.

Lamar actually is from Miami, too.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Your pass rush should make up for these deficiencies.

edit also don't try and plant these little seeds. every bills fan is required to beat their chest and predict a 21 point victory on sunday

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

I mean aren’t the ravens blitz heavy and leave their secondary to fend for themselves?

I feel better about our matchup just from a schematic standpoint - we’ve been able to get to Tua with four consistently

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ehud posted:

Your pass rush should make up for these deficiencies.

edit also don't try and plant these little seeds. every bills fan is required to beat their chest and predict a 21 point victory on sunday

The bills are never going to lose again

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

t a s t e posted:

The bills are never going to lose again

ty

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Ehud posted:

21 is way too low a margin lol

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

TheBizzness posted:

His first half was still pretty good for Tua, actually. Hill dropped a pass that hit him right in the chest that got picked and then he threw an INT that every single top 5 QB has thrown going for a chunk play before half.

I know it’s hard for Bills fans to imagine because you all have been so dominate for so many years and Bills fans have famously always been completely sold on Josh Allen but the disappointment of yet another season going down the tubes got the best of us.

None of us are proud of it.
I think we understand it well. I was firmly in the Josh Allen is a joke camp, until he suddenly wasn’t. It took a lot more than 1 half of good play for me to believe he flipped the switch though. I had seen little glimpses of success from Bills QBs in the past and they had all turned out to be frauds. 20 years of fraudulent QBs

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think the Bills will win comfortably. The Dolphins offense has looked bad to manageable for 6–7 out of 8 quarters, the Bills defensive line should feast on the Miami offensive line, and there's a burgeoning Brady Patriots/Bills relationship developing in the matchup.

But 13 seconds happened because of Tyreek Hill and that has me shook.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

th3t00t posted:

I think we understand it well. I was firmly in the Josh Allen is a joke camp, until he suddenly wasn’t. It took a lot more than 1 half of good play for me to believe he flipped the switch though. I had seen little glimpses of success from Bills QBs in the past and they had all turned out to be frauds. 20 years of fraudulent QBs

All completely fair but I don’t think anyone here thinks Tua is going to light it up this week or believe he has turned some corner for good.

We’re just happy the guy we saw glimpses of early in year one (cardinals game, second half Vs chiefs) is still in there and it’s not a complete bust (yet)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The weird thing with Tua is that it all seems to be in his head. When they went into gently caress it just ball mode, his velocity went up, his pocket presence improved and he even threw a dart while on the run.

Look at the touchdown to Cracraft last week and then compare it to the two hoppers he was throwing at Tennessee last year, or even the one he threw against the Patriots last week.

If McDaniel can unfuck his head to the point where he can play like that most quarters, he's a long term starter. But the likely outcome is that he ends up like Kirk Cousins where the raw numbers fool you into thinking he's close but it's obvious if you watch him that he's not.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Could easily see a scenario where the Dolphins get another player over the Jets because nobody wants to play for the Jets if they have another option.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/johnkryk/status/1572583066404794369?s=46&t=GPVlBcPwNOnopNenJ8AEcQ

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
A sack a game is the 4th worst in the NFL? Yikes!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

I'll have you know people are moving to New Jersey in droves. Droves!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

A sack a game is the 4th worst in the NFL? Yikes!

Yep, in two games:

10 - Buccaneers
9 - Bills
8 - Cowboys
7 - Vikings, Steelers, Chargers
6 - Patriots, Titans, Jaguars, Lions, Browns
5 - Falcons, Bears, Broncos, Texans, Chiefs, Rams, Football Team
4 - Panthers, Packers, Ravens, 49ers
3 - Colts, Giants, Jets, Eagles, Seahawks
2 - Bengals, Dolphins
1 - Cardinals, Saints, Raiders

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sacks taken is a more condensed group except for ye ol' outliers.

1 - Chiefs
2 - Browns, Patriots, Jaguars, Ravens, Chargers
3 - 49ers, Titans, Buccaneers, Falcons, Vikings, Bills
4 - Steelers, Seahawks, Lions, Cardinals, Eagles, Dolphins
5 - Bears, Cowboys, Broncos, Jets
6 - Panthers, Texans, Football Team
7 - Packers, Raiders, Colts
8 - Giants, Rams
10 - Saints
13 - Bengals

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

Yep, in two games:

10 - Buccaneers
9 - Bills
8 - Cowboys
7 - Vikings, Steelers, Chargers
6 - Patriots, Titans, Jaguars, Lions, Browns
5 - Falcons, Bears, Broncos, Texans, Chiefs, Rams, Football Team
4 - Panthers, Packers, Ravens, 49ers
3 - Colts, Giants, Jets, Eagles, Seahawks
2 - Bengals, Dolphins
1 - Cardinals, Saints, Raiders

Read that too quickly - I thought it was GIVING up a sack.

And that’s fine, that stays ignoring a sack that was nullified after a penalty, shooting us into the stratospheric number of THREE, BABY!

Edit whoa that stat above my god

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Kalli posted:

Sacks taken is a more condensed group except for ye ol' outliers.

1 - Chiefs
2 - Browns, Patriots, Jaguars, Ravens, Chargers
3 - 49ers, Titans, Buccaneers, Falcons, Vikings, Bills
4 - Steelers, Seahawks, Lions, Cardinals, Eagles, Dolphins
5 - Bears, Cowboys, Broncos, Jets
6 - Panthers, Texans, Football Team
7 - Packers, Raiders, Colts
8 - Giants, Rams
10 - Saints
13 - Bengals

RIP Joe

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Jesus I didn't realize it was that bad. IDK how Joe Burrow doesn't refuse to play for the Bengals. They are going to destroy him. He can like Chase all he wants, it ain't worth having a worse career than Andrew Luck, especially when you proved yourself elite last year and last year's QB class turned into a flop. I think it's pretty clear at this point the importance of not letting yourself get murdered as a QB. Who cares if you give up a few million sitting out? You're losing a lot more turning a potential 15+ year career into a maybe 8 year one, not to mention the rest of your life.

fsif posted:

I think the Bills will win comfortably. The Dolphins offense has looked bad to manageable for 6–7 out of 8 quarters, the Bills defensive line should feast on the Miami offensive line, and there's a burgeoning Brady Patriots/Bills relationship developing in the matchup.

But 13 seconds happened because of Tyreek Hill and that has me shook.

13 seconds happened because of incredibly bad defensive playcalling. I don't think the Bills are going to make that mistake again.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

K8.0 posted:

13 seconds happened because of incredibly bad defensive playcalling. I don't think the Bills are going to make that mistake again.

The bad defensive play calling was a byproduct of Tyreek's touchdown on the previous drive. There's like no such thing as a good play call against him.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
gently caress, the Panthers are stealing Blackshear off the PS.

BURN EVERYTHING TO THE GROUND.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

K8.0 posted:

Jesus I didn't realize it was that bad. IDK how Joe Burrow doesn't refuse to play for the Bengals. They are going to destroy him. He can like Chase all he wants, it ain't worth having a worse career than Andrew Luck, especially when you proved yourself elite last year and last year's QB class turned into a flop. I think it's pretty clear at this point the importance of not letting yourself get murdered as a QB. Who cares if you give up a few million sitting out? You're losing a lot more turning a potential 15+ year career into a maybe 8 year one, not to mention the rest of your life.
Joe Burrow is at least partially at fault for that number. His line is currently 25th in pass blocking efficiency. Not great, but not Bears-level bad.

Flacco leads the league with 40 pressures faced, but only 5 of them have been converted to Sacks, 13%. Burrow in comparison has had 38% of his pressures converted to Sacks which is obv worst in the league.

Pablo Bluth posted:

gently caress, the Panthers are stealing Blackshear off the PS.

BURN EVERYTHING TO THE GROUND.
Can't you protect 4 players on your Practice Squad from being poached? He's probably not even good if the team didn't think he was one of their 4 best PS players.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

They keep trying to make Moss a thing so RB is a rare area where I'm not sold on trusting McBeane. Antonio Williams will have a breakout game at the Giants any day now....

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't know if it's scouting, development, or scheme, but they've been horrid with their running backs. James Cook has looked practice squad tier through two games.

They were something like 0 for 4 on 3rd and 1 against Tenneesee.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I feel like every time I watch the Bills I come away thinking that Devin Singletary is pretty good and they should stop overthinking things and just make him the lead back. Am I going crazy or totally missing something with him?

I also find it kind of funny that the Bills have aced most of their personnel decisions over the past several years but just can't seem to figure out the RB position.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

No you’ve pretty much nailed it

It’s infuriating that we feel the need to spell him with Zack Moss on 3rd and short and have him fall gently to the floor behind the line of scrimmage time and time again

He’s supposed to be our short yardage back but he’s bad at it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

fsif posted:

I don't know if it's scouting, development, or scheme, but they've been horrid with their running backs. James Cook has looked practice squad tier through two games.

They were something like 0 for 4 on 3rd and 1 against Tenneesee.

Genuinely baffling that they ever ran it in those situations

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I keep drafting Singletary in fantasy every year hoping the Bills will finally wake up and see what I see but it has yet to happen.

Giving him the Lamar Miller treatment up there.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

The second half of last year they did sort out the OL, ditch Moss and focused on Singletary. He looked reasonable and his numbers were ok. I think they bought in to Zack's "My ankle is finally fully healthy again" in the offseason...

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBillsPR/status/1572666988400447488

Long list.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Pablo Bluth posted:

The second half of last year they did sort out the OL, ditch Moss and focused on Singletary. He looked reasonable and his numbers were ok. I think they bought in to Zack's "My ankle is finally fully healthy again" in the offseason...
It’s why I was crushed they didn’t hock him, for, like, a conditional 5th. Or anything, really: it means they still think he has a place here and he just continues to do gently caress all to justify getting carries instead of Singletary. Of course, Cook hasn’t looked good so far either, maybe our RB coaching/run scheming is bad and Singletary is just has right mix of traits to produce in spite of that?
I don’t know, I just feel like it should be easier to run the ball when you pass it as well as we have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hear ya

https://twitter.com/DavidFurones_/status/1572672410091937793?s=20&t=BvtmCUqLzCdqQc56bJXmZA