Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Having a jack-of-all-trades character would make more sense if switching out party members wasn’t free and easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Zinkraptor posted:

I liked the new ratchet a lot but I also didn't finish it so I guess I didn't actually like it that much.

Also the tone and style of writing in it was much closer to the 2016 remake than the older games which was unfortunate.

New Ratchet is really good, but it suffers from the disease endemic to all AAA writing (including Insomniac's Spider-Man which is where I suspect it came from in this case) where the player characters have to talk to themselves/a sidekick incessantly

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Because you never use him :negative:

I will do my best to utilise him more in the upcoming times of playing!

Kimahri!! I am sorry!!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

There are ways to get past it but usually the damage cap is 9999 until you get some late game stuff.

Kimahri's speciality is being worse at everything and having no real strength, so don't worry about using him except for the section of the game where you have to.though you might be past that already.

I believe I have past that point and I did my best at that point, he just was not getting slvs like everyone else.

Jay Rust posted:

Having a jack-of-all-trades character would make more sense if switching out party members wasn’t free and easy

You would (read, would not) be surprised at how often I forget to switch out everyone.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Do the kids today care about Jimmy Fallon?

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Do not apologize to Kimahri. Cyan-rear end character

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Macaluso posted:

Do the kids today care about Jimmy Fallon?

Hell yeah. I heard one blasting Idiot Boyfriend and reciting lines from Taxi just the other day.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1572243852207206400

lol, lmao

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Is demand still hosed because of crypto

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
its going to be in perpetuity throughout the universe

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Feldegast42 posted:

Ethereum, the main coin for GPU mining, just switched to not using mining anymore. You will see an absolute flood of used 3xxx series cards, and retail prices are plummeting

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don't buy any of them though, their lifespans have been significantly shortened

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You're still going to have the demand of everyone wanting one for gaming because your alternatives are *shrug*

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

exquisite tea posted:

Can never go wrong with a wakeup super.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Dj5G1kaqI

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feldegast42 posted:

No nvidia realized they can simply charge scalper prices instead of scalpers charging scalper prices

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I love this new genre of speculative fiction where companies continue to release increasingly expensive jpegs of things that don’t exist.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

No nvidia realized they can simply charge scalper prices instead of scalpers charging scalper prices

Can't wait to see the new scalper prices

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kerrzhe posted:

and now the, actual real tekken beginssss

https://i.imgur.com/4YcQBEQ.mp4

i got my first win :shobon:

If you keep with Tekken, some of us play online on Sundays (and other days but that's when the tournament is), it's pretty low-stakes and very fun (well the past couple weeks someone has been "raiding the dojo" and wiping the floor with us lol but still fun), you should play

LawfulWaffle posted:

Kiryu won't ever be in Tekken because RGG has a pretty firm rule that Kiryu doesn't hit women. I honestly don't remember if Ichiban has a similar rule. Spoilers for LAD: When your team faces Kiryu to see if you've got what it takes, Kiryu will never attack the female characters in your party.

Nagoshi left the studio last year and he was the guy who had the most hangups about that stuff, I don't know if the current leadership will have the same

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

welcome posted:

I think his rear end is more azure than it is cyan

jesus christ

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

welcome posted:

Hey! That's not fair! Apologise to Cyan immediately

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Also, nobody "forgets" to use khimari, it's quite deliberate let me assure you

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Also, nobody "forgets" to use khimari, it's quite deliberate let me assure you

Except for me. And you know it is genuine because you have seen me forget basic game mechanics in other games midway through playing them.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

Except for me. And you know it is genuine because you have seen me forget basic game mechanics in other games midway through playing them.

You are probably the only person in the history off ffx that actually wants to use him!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

last gen they were sorta caught with their pants down as Covid demand and buttcoin mining ate the whole supply after they set MSRP on the cards

they tried to counteract this by setting the prices for the 30-series Ti cards (and I think a SKU that had more memory or something insubstantial) they released to such high points they were terrible deals but it didn't matter because you couldn't find the cards anywhere near MSRP anyways

I'll be interested to see how their "the scalping is coming from inside the house!" gambit goes as I feel like the unusual level of demand from just a few months ago is totally gone now

they wouldn't be the first company to be bitten in the rear end by assuming conditions from a few years ago were gonna continue

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The fact that any graphics card costs more than the current most powerful console is mindblowing to me.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
what are people playing that they need more power?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hatty posted:

Vampire Survivors

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fridge corn posted:

You are probably the only person in the history off ffx that actually wants to use him!

I just sent him down Auron's path because Auron is the best fighter so then you have a 2nd Auron :shrug:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hatty posted:

Either VR or trying to hit 144fps at 4K

Also 8K is out there, in theory

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have a 2080 right now and I honestly can't decide if I should care about upgrading any time soon. On the one hand I can run anything that I try to, though it would be nice to be able to do 1440p 60fps with RTX on and it definitely can't do that.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

stev posted:

The fact that any graphics card costs more than the current most powerful console is mindblowing to me.
The gulf is definitely wider now but I don't think there's ever been a time when you couldn't pay more for a GPU than a console if you wanted.

edit: Or do you mean that all graphics cards cost more, which yeah...that's a bit rough

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I bought a PC with a 3080 because after doing the dumb and getting a 1440p monitor a while back my 970 was chugging hard and I wanted to not have to worry about performance in the next decade.

Don't regret it, worth the money even if I mostly play FFXIV.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How big of an upgrade over a 2080 would a 3080 be? Wonder if I could get one at a reasonable price (that wasn't already ground into dust by crytpo mining) and if it would be worth upgrading at all

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

haveblue posted:

Either VR or trying to hit 144fps at 4K

Also 8K is out there, in theory

And all the games that are unoptimized poo poo that you need to crush the specs to run solidly!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Kimahri is both a blue mage and a dragoon but in function ends up being bad at both and ending up as one of the worst blue mages and worst dragoons in the series, unfortunately. They should have focused on one or the other more imo, or maybe sprinkle in something else to differentiate him more, like being a berserker or something.

Do any modern Final Fantasy games have characters that fit the berserker class at all? The last FF game I played with a berserker in it was X-2. Does 14 have a berserker job?

I want to see an FF game, mainline or spinoff, doesn't matter, that has a party made up entirely unique characters based on lesser used/uncommon jobs. Like berserker, geomancer, cannoneer, and gambler.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Harrow posted:

How big of an upgrade over a 2080 would a 3080 be? Wonder if I could get one at a reasonable price (that wasn't already ground into dust by crytpo mining) and if it would be worth upgrading at all

I had an RTX 2080 before getting a 3080 and it's like a ~40% performance boost for most games, pretty significant generationally but probably not worth it if you can't get it MSRP. If Ultra everything is important to you, and let's be honest what self-respecting gamer wouldn't believe it, then a 3080 will last you for the next couple years at least.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

At the moment I can run pretty much anything at high/max settings 60fps 1440p on my 2080 Super, it's just RTX I can't do. The second devs start making games for the current gen (rather than everything being compatible with decade old hardware) that'll probably stop.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It will be at least another full console generation before any AA or AAA devs release a tentpole game that requires ray tracing. Possibly 2.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i think I have a 3060Ti but this is my entire steam library idk if I'm PC gaming correctly

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
looks like you can actually get new 3080s at MSRP without going on a waitlist now but I would personally wait a few months for prices to go down even more/see what happens

if you sell a 2080 you could upgrade to a 3080 currently for like 300-400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, I figured I'd wait a bit either way, since I'm sure the prices will go down even more at some point.

Thanks for the pointers everyone