Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Whooping Crabs posted:

Antonio Brown

Yeah that did happen pretty drat quickly.

GNU Order posted:

Rodgers has been "That Guy" for a while, it's just that nobody really cared and he wasn't on some podcast talking about it

Yeah being in this thread for awhile I always knew he was a little off from center, but it just seems to have full speed hit a slip-n-slide of dumb. I think you're right in the fact that the podcast has just given him a larger stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Celebrities in general have gotten a lot more comfortable going out of pocket in the public sphere over the past 5 years

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I thought Throw Rogan was just kind of a tryhard dorkus who did too many commercials until the COVID clay thing. Now I hate him more than I hate Tom Brady.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The biggest thing about Aaron to me is that he's the kind of guy who simply cannot be wrong, so things blew up so quickly after that first podcast appearance because he keeps responding to every criticism to one up people and ends up showing his rear end more every time

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Deep Thinker

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey Lions fans, would you take this trade:

The Lions go 0-6 in the division

BUT

The Lions beat the Patriots by 50 and Matt Patricia gets steamrolled on a play when someone gets knocked out of bounds.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

No

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mostly because I think we’re going to do that anyways :)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Revenge on Patrica would be nice, but at some point we do have to move on. That rear end in a top hat is in the past now, he can't hurt us anymore.

... So with that said, here's an hour of Glover Quin dishing on Patrica.

https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1572577716154814466?t=uYehr8zd-TdFFwxPcmjquA&s=19

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

MikeCrotch posted:

The biggest thing about Aaron to me is that he's the kind of guy who simply cannot be wrong, so things blew up so quickly after that first podcast appearance because he keeps responding to every criticism to one up people and ends up showing his rear end more every time

Yeah, if he had said the first bit of dumb poo poo and gotten zero feedback, it might have been the end of it. When everyone's reaction was "holy poo poo you're loving stupid" he cranked the volume to 11 and launched his nuh-uh, you are tour.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

MJeff posted:

BUT

The Lions beat the Patriots by 50 and Matt Patricia gets steamrolled on a play when someone gets knocked out of bounds.

sure that sounds like a normal lions season

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/LionsPR/status/1572563856630878209?s=20

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

MJeff posted:

BUT

The biggest revenge that can happen to Patricia is him being the Patriots retread no-one wants, is basically I want him to live his current life forever

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Revenge on Patrica would be nice, but at some point we do have to move on. That rear end in a top hat is in the past now, he can't hurt us anymore.

... So with that said, here's an hour of Glover Quin dishing on Patrica.

https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1572577716154814466?t=uYehr8zd-TdFFwxPcmjquA&s=19

Best part of this is him casting side-eye at the whole New England mythos and how much of it was Brady being the GOAT and the AFC east being trash.

Also Patricia is horrible, but this isn't news.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I thought Throw Rogan was just kind of a tryhard dorkus who did too many commercials until the COVID clay thing. Now I hate him more than I hate Tom Brady.

I'm literally more of a fan of Tom "throwing surface pro's" Brady than Rodgers at this point lol

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Brady’s saga has turned silly while Rodgers’ is just sad and tedious

Pro Jugs Machine
Jul 12, 2022

You mess with Kirk, and you go in the grinder.

MikeCrotch posted:

He's never actually been wrong.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pro Jugs Machine posted:

:rubby:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Pro Jugs Machine posted:

:thunk:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pro Jugs Machine posted:

Lying is a sin, dude not posting on his main.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/mattfriedman4/status/1572650435705462785?t=nAgBDS3A6cRioMnwQa5Apw&s=19

Lions... good????

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Aaron Rodgers is 100% going to become a radio host or podcaster or something like that after the NFL

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
that the Lions are actually good at running the ball for the first time since, uh, Barry Sanders* is confusing and frightening to me

*honorable mention for Jahvid Best

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

guys we have been here before. we have had hot starts and new coaches winning and everything. and we know where it ends. Hell wasn't like 2007 or something when they went 9-3 or whatever and then lost out and missed the playoffs?

Pro Jugs Machine
Jul 12, 2022

You mess with Kirk, and you go in the grinder.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Lying is a sin, dude not posting on his main.

I forgot my old password :sigh: took a hiatus of a few years. Also not a dude

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

WoodrowSkillson posted:

guys we have been here before. we have had hot starts and new coaches winning and everything. and we know where it ends. Hell wasn't like 2007 or something when they went 9-3 or whatever and then lost out and missed the playoffs?

Who cares? Lions are doing fun things right now. Sure, they're the Lions, it'll probably all end in tears, but the joy is in enjoying the brief highs before the crushing lows set in. Like, 2016 ended in an embarrassing defeat in Seattle, but that doesn't make any of the stupid comeback wins that year any less fun to look back on. Besides, it's not like anyone is predicting Superbowls here. Chill, relax, and enjoy the ride.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Lions are really interesting. They're running a lot of different run concepts and Goff looks like a genuine bridge QB reading the field. He's still hyper targeting one receiver, but it's not exactly hurting the offense.

Love their top RBs, surprised at their OL. It's not likely to be sustained. This is the NFL though! You need to change your stuff too. And Campbell seems to know how to make adjustments, which is a really good sign for a HC that I completely wrote off as a meathead.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Aaron Rodgers is 100% going to become a radio host or podcaster or something like that after the NFL

Some network is going to give him a summer game show.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Shrimpy posted:

Some network is going to give him a summer game show.

Yeah, OAN

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Ah but there wasn't a 7th seed that year! :v:

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

None of that has anything to do with this coaching staff. Nothing.

Success isn't promised, but if you can't look at this team and have fun with it, or you're protecting yourself from disappointment, then just stop following the team. Follow another team or do something enjoyable.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Anyone not cheering for Jamaal Williams and MCDC is dead inside.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

I will always love Jamaal

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sun god has some Golden Tate in him.

https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1572924086262579203?s=20&t=Z1rol1qkfaUN5t8LAP2khQ

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SageRosenfels18/status/1572941046148960258

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Amon-Ra in games of players drafted ahead of him is the same as Randy Moss vs the Cowboys.

Dyami had zero catches for zero yards.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

drat lol

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Danny LaFever posted:

Sun god has some Golden Tate in him.

Next step: gently caress Russell Wilson's wife

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Danny LaFever posted:

None of that has anything to do with this coaching staff. Nothing.

Success isn't promised, but if you can't look at this team and have fun with it, or you're protecting yourself from disappointment, then just stop following the team. Follow another team or do something enjoyable.

this thread and highlights are basically my interaction with the lions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

this thread and highlights are basically my interaction with the lions

Then at least be like Sun God and wait to laugh at us when they lose spectacularly