Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Yes shoot the gap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Well careful, if the first one turns out to be a goat, always switch your guess!

tbf, every hurricane from now on will be the greatest of all time

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1572662468861648897

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

No More Scotia

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/deviIette/status/1572662062425296897

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

You can see rain on all the water in the background, it just looks concentrated on him because they're using lighting.

I don't think anybody is hooting and oh my god-ing at a fake spectacle, they're doing it at this guy out in the storm in skinny pants with his half buttoned shirt flapping around

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Someone is going to lose.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Supernova Scotia

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SirPablo posted:

Someone is going to lose.

yeah we’re looking at another major hurricane in the Gulf it seems

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Nice, Texas needs more rain

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Dog Case posted:

You can see rain on all the water in the background, it just looks concentrated on him because they're using lighting.

I don't think anybody is hooting and oh my god-ing at a fake spectacle, they're doing it at this guy out in the storm in skinny pants with his half buttoned shirt flapping around

yeah this poo poo happens every time there's a storm and people don't understand how bright focused television lighting reflects off water

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Slow News Day posted:

I would like to request just enough flooding that I get a couple days off work, but not so much flooding that people lose their homes. Thank you.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Gripweed posted:

I would like to request just enough flooding that I get a couple days off work, but not so much flooding that people lose their homes. Thank you.

"The flooding is mild, it's not even in anybody's homes. You should have no problem making it in today"

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 3 days!)

https://twitter.com/NWSNHC/status/1572694608093810689?s=20&t=wCpkhua8MIlp3qPQiPH1MQ

Does this mean anything

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Chief McHeath posted:

Does this mean anything
Long live Qwerty

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Oh God they're silencing model whistleblowers

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
It's a model... MURDER.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

blown out a hospital window by a tropical cyclone that he helped to identify

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Stereotype posted:

yeah this poo poo happens every time there's a storm and people don't understand how bright focused television lighting reflects off water

Literally why you see people driving around with high beams on in pouring rain

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

Literally why you see people driving around with high beams on in pouring rain

What is that supposed to accomplish?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Grundulum posted:

People are idiots and think high beams = more see good and somehow never realize that they're just blasting all that light right back into their faces.

It just makes me think of these dumb accusations with weather reporters because most people have no idea how anything works at all.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Grundulum posted:

light helps to see in the dark, so when you can’t see well that must mean it’s dark, so more light solves the problem

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

blatman posted:

blown out a hospital window by a tropical cyclone that he helped to identify

Wait how did he piss off putin?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

dr_rat posted:

Wait how did he piss off putin?

its a common thing among russians to refer to putin as "сексуальный ураган" and this man risked revealing the uncomfortable truth that he is in fact actually a tropical cyclone

DearSirXNORMadam
Aug 1, 2009
I'm pretty sure the point of highbeams in the rain is to make yourself more visible so that someone doesn't turn you into an oncoming pancake or so that you don't turn a pedestrian into pink mist, but what do I know?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
If the downpour is so extreme that the rain is literally a wall of light-reflecting water, you probably should be pulled over and otherwise not driving.

The true idiocy is when people have their high-beams on in dense fog, but nowadays in the HellWorld in which we inhabit, the general rule seems to be "gently caress everyone else, it's only important that *I* get to see."

When I turn my high-beams off at night when seeing an approaching car, and they do the same for me, it's one of the few remaining vestiges that there's some measure of decency remaining in *some* people's souls.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Mirconium posted:

I'm pretty sure the point of highbeams in the rain is to make yourself more visible so that someone doesn't turn you into an oncoming pancake or so that you don't turn a pedestrian into pink mist, but what do I know?

what the gently caress

You should never be using your high beams so other people can see you because you should never be using your high beams when there are other cars around. You're not going to increase your visibility, you're going to blind oncoming traffic and cause an accident.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Slow News Day posted:

Gonna brown ocean effect it while passing through and omaha gonna get its first cat 2 storm

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Paradoxish posted:

first long island, now florida

the model is simply trying to show us what must be done

I'm moving to Long Island soon. Please don't tempt fate to put a category five through my window.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If the downpour is so extreme that the rain is literally a wall of light-reflecting water, you probably should be pulled over and otherwise not driving.

The true idiocy is when people have their high-beams on in dense fog, but nowadays in the HellWorld in which we inhabit, the general rule seems to be "gently caress everyone else, it's only important that *I* get to see."

When I turn my high-beams off at night when seeing an approaching car, and they do the same for me, it's one of the few remaining vestiges that there's some measure of decency remaining in *some* people's souls.

It doesn't matter that much anymore with as tall as trucks are getting and those insanely bright aftermarket lights they install on them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

It doesn't matter that much anymore with as tall as trucks are getting and those insanely bright aftermarket lights they install on them

yeah i cant see at night cause of how bright they are in my normal sedan shaped car

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

any kind of HID light should be illegal on vehicles taller than a sedan because the cutoff shields are effectively worthless to stop them from blinding other drivers

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
My uncle in Pandaemonium says they had to build an entire new layer of hell for people with LED headlights.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

1stGear posted:

My uncle in Pandaemonium says they had to build an entire new layer of hell for people with LED headlights.

The poo poo part is that my Subaru has those useless lenses over the low-beams, so every so often I'll get someone flashing me because the light gets focused in such a way that makes it *look* like a high beam.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Got just the song cued up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFsg4ZFG5wY&t=23s

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

goochtit posted:

Long live Qwerty

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Mirconium posted:

I'm pretty sure the point of highbeams in the rain is to make yourself more visible so that someone doesn't turn you into an oncoming pancake or so that you don't turn a pedestrian into pink mist, but what do I know? is to see clearly into the dark distance of an unlit and unpopulated road at night.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

that guy drew like 25 different cat butts and then sold them to nasa, rip a true legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i am harry posted:

that guy drew like 25 different cat butts and then sold them to nasa, rip a true legend

i think your cat might be sick