Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

that is correct, which is why he should not have been on the actual episode for any substantial length of time

Truanon's AOC episode was the gold standard for guests gags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah it was mildly amusing to see Matt try to make some headway while Tom just kept continually circling back to "but look at how crazy the republicans have gotten" no matter what he said. But they seemed like they didn't want to piss off their guest - which I get, but then why have on a guy whose claim to fame is "being made fun of by Nick Mullen" in the first place? There's nothing to the joke beyond seeing his name in the description and being like "oh, that's weird haha"

I have no idea who this guy even loving is. Going into I thought they were talking to the guy that was the voice of the Dad on Stephen Universe again, but I realzied thats a different Tom

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the matthew walther interview as the poster above mentioned (posted to youtube tho, not to the podcast feed) and there was like 30 seconds where felix and david cross kinda got into it about louis farrakhan

different pod but i'll always lol @ felix saying iran should get a nuke was cut out of one of the pod save guys' pods

it's an amusing listen..... this dude has since been published in the NYT multiple times, among other outlets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvN464imtMQ

I’ll check it out. I thought that was Matt when he went on that old media dinosaur’s pod where it was clear he had no idea who Matt was but his grandkids listened to Chapo or something. But that’s different when you’re a guest challenging the host v when you’re the host taking it easy

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

oh also they had libertarian robby soave on (wiki says #17) and it got a little heated

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KomradeX posted:

I have no idea who this guy even loving is. Going into I thought they were talking to the guy that was the voice of the Dad on Stephen Universe again, but I realzied thats a different Tom

he did "bong hit transplant"

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I’ll check it out. I thought that was Matt when he went on that old media dinosaur’s pod where it was clear he had no idea who Matt was but his grandkids listened to Chapo or something. But that’s different when you’re a guest challenging the host v when you’re the host taking it easy

you're prob thinking of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leDn52N1nr0

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

AnimeIsTrash posted:

That was only because Amber yelled at them in the middle of the interview.

The only chapo with any integrity

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah that’s the one. Didn’t know Felix did the same thing on pod save. My Chapo lore is woeful apparently but I’ll still call myself an expert

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

That was only because Amber yelled at them in the middle of the interview.

fact chec: she cackled at walther only at the end of the interview, but i guess a woman defending her abortion without guilt or shame might sound like yelling to you?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

The only chapo with any integrity

Her calling Matt "Dad" during a more heated discussion, quickly correcting herself, and everyone just gliding past it without comment was some of the best that recent Chapo has been

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

fact chec: she cackled at walther only at the end of the interview, but i guess a woman defending her abortion without guilt or shame might sound like yelling to you?

Women only use 2 tones of voice: nagging and yelling.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
the episode was just kind of generic

i have no idea who this man is or why i should care about him, is this another one of those things where cum town fans have lost their minds over marginal new york comedian drama

vanishedimam
Nov 15, 2017
mostly they made the right choice in not letting him talk much. i think they understand no one gives a poo poo about his views on ron desantis etc. the r. kelly joke sort of illustrates why talking over him was for the best

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
the next big podcast crossover happens tomorrow (brendan james was on doughboys a while back so he was the first chapo):

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1572634475926032384

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
though if the whole episode was a long con to try to get him on the Adam Friedland Show and then he just said 'no, why would I,' it circles around to actually being funny

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

PostNouveau posted:

I don't know what that means and I'm not going to google it

it's a fetish thing op

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

chapo guest pushback has been zero since matt "cops are workers" taibbi was last on

i don't like their nonconfrontational interviewing style tbh. it has a different feel than what andrew callaghan does where he lets people show who they are in their own words

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Her calling Matt "Dad" during a more heated discussion, quickly correcting herself, and everyone just gliding past it without comment was some of the best that recent Chapo has been

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

he did "bong hit transplant"

I don't know what that is and chose to keep my ignorance

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KomradeX posted:

I don't know what that is and chose to keep my ignorance

it's too late, the phrase has already entered your mind.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

i say swears online posted:

chapo guest pushback has been zero since matt "cops are workers" taibbi was last on

i don't like their nonconfrontational interviewing style tbh. it has a different feel than what andrew callaghan does where he lets people show who they are in their own words

They suck at interviews, especially when the interview pervert hollywood liberals play acting at being on the left. They're only good interviews are ones they do with organizers or like that jounalist whos getting harrased by the LA County Sheriff's department for exposing how they're riddled with literal gangs

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

should've ambushed him with Nick like an episode of Jerry Springer, would have been a better episode

lol

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the matthew walther interview as the poster above mentioned (posted to youtube tho, not to the podcast feed) and there was like 30 seconds where felix and david cross kinda got into it about louis farrakhan

different pod but i'll always lol @ felix saying iran should get a nuke was cut out of one of the pod save guys' pods

it's an amusing listen..... this dude has since been published in the NYT multiple times, among other outlets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvN464imtMQ

oh, the onanism guy

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

oh, the onanism guy

keep me out of this

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

duomo posted:

the next big podcast crossover happens tomorrow (brendan james was on doughboys a while back so he was the first chapo):

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1572634475926032384

did brendan james promote blowback on a treats podcast

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

smh at the so-called "myers-heads" who havent even bothered to listen to the Politipod

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Atrocious Joe posted:

did brendan james promote blowback on a treats podcast

Yes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

In Brendan's episode they reviewed pizza hut.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
petitioning reddit to return the tom meyers fansub r/bonghittransplant to life in light of this renewed attention on the man

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Chapo wanted to do some normie dem representation I guess? It was kinda jarring how MSNBC that dude was.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

AnimeIsTrash posted:

turn me out ese

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

paul_soccer12 posted:

Gripweed sneaking into a women's issues private fb group and dropping fact bombs to harvest honkey bitch triggered meltdowns like "not sure what you mean by true crime" and "can you please stop derailing with posts about fbi crime statistics"

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

AnimeIsTrash posted:

In Brendan's episode they reviewed pizza hut.

Blowback Season 4 about the collapse of the Soviet Union CONFIRMED

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

slave to my cravings posted:

Tom was the chair of the Harford county young democrats for years and works a full time job. chapo walked around Las Vegas trailer park for a day for a failed primary campaign and haven’t worked a real job in nearly a decade. I think I’m going to trust Tom when it comes to politics.

did they play a recording of the bong hit transplant joke

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

https://youtu.be/mBpVHdWd8J4

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I tired listening to the back half of the episode and it just sucked poo poo. Utterly terrible and boring. Highlight was Matt yelling about how the Hungary model is Misssissippi with EU subsidies. MVP of the episode the only intresting part was when him and the lib were actually having a collusion of political world views. Thanks Will for putting the kibosh on that to have a boring as gently caress episode. Even the bit about Brett Farve defrauding welfare was boring, again except for Matt

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
On one hand Tom is unintentionally funny but he also has boring, centre-left but still middle-of-the-road takes on all current events. Rather than approaching it like a comedian which would have been good he took it as them wanting him to weigh in with serious analysis, the kind of which you can get anywhere. So very much "man on the street" vibes if you don't know how this guy is connected to the Extended Universe

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Dunno if I'll listen based on what I'm hearing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
He was very upset about republicans not supporting the Violence Against Women act which is pretty big MSDNC brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

this is the biggest audience Tom has ever had and I think that's great