Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Read After Burning posted:

I think people admitting they didn't know something, and being happy to learn about it, is an excellent quality that shouldn't be discouraged. :kiddo: I just brought it up in case anyone would remember who I'm talking about.

It infuriates the poo poo out of me when people mock genuine curiosity.

Like it's one thing to be a belligerent rear end in a top hat yelling that vaccines contain radio transmitters because you're stupid as poo poo.

But someone being like "wait, how does the sun know to go to sleep at night" is, yes, amazingly naive. But you shouldn't laugh at them. Doing that discourages curiosity and then they end up in cults and yelling about how vaccines contain radio transmitters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

She's now rapper Bhad Bhabie

So is she like a rapping middle aged Indian auntie or something?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Moon Monster posted:

So is she like a rapping middle aged Indian auntie or something?

She's a teenage white girl that uses dodgy AAVE who is famous for acting like Cartman on an episode of Dr. Phil.

And now she has more money than all of us combined because American social media loves making horrible idiots wealthy.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
St. Mirren said there was going to be one minute of applause as a tribute to the queen.

The Celtic fans had other ideas.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

The Anime Liker posted:

It infuriates the poo poo out of me when people mock genuine curiosity (snip)

:yeah: Absolutely agree with this post.

The Anime Liker posted:

She's a teenage white girl that uses dodgy AAVE who is famous for acting like Cartman on an episode of Dr. Phil.

And now she has more money than all of us combined because American social media loves making horrible idiots wealthy.

She was also one of the main ones (besides Paris Hilton, I think?) to expose those "troubled teen" camps that Dr Phil loves....turns out not letting "bad kids" shower, sleep, or have blankets will NOT magically turn them into "good kids"!

If I remember correctly, one kid just wanted to go off to sit quietly by himself in nature for a bit ("alone time" wasn't really allowed I guess), the camp kept preventing it, and he eventually snapped and tried to run off, leading to a staff member's death...sadly, apparently one of the nicer staff members.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Anime Liker posted:

Like it's one thing to be a belligerent rear end in a top hat yelling that vaccines contain radio transmitters because you're stupid as poo poo.

But someone being like "wait, how does the sun know to go to sleep at night" is, yes, amazingly naive. But you shouldn't laugh at them. Doing that discourages curiosity and then they end up in cults and yelling about how vaccines contain radio transmitters.

https://twitter.com/gun_toucher/status/1389171100790185988

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I think I've seen that one before but it's really heartwarming. :unsmith:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"Do KIDS know this?"

Man, like that's what I was talking about. So unbelievably naive but he actually learned something because people weren't being total shits to him.

And, more importantly, he probably understands he should maybe listen and not dig in his heels because there's a chance he could have another islands float moment.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Phanatic posted:

St. Mirren said there was going to be one minute of applause as a tribute to the queen.

The Celtic fans had other ideas.

Sometimes there are things that warm the cockles of my heart.

This is one of them.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Samovar posted:

Sometimes there are things that warm the cockles of my heart.

This is one of them.

They were singing it too, to the tune of "She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain".

(It was hilarious, but unlucky, as they did get beat, breaking a 38 game winning streak, WHOOPS)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/SouthwestAir/status/1572284484720168962

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
If it had been banjos you'd have had to duct tape me to keep me away from the cabin door.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Flying TweeWA

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

The Anime Liker posted:

"Do KIDS know this?"

Man, like that's what I was talking about. So unbelievably naive but he actually learned something because people weren't being total shits to him.

And, more importantly, he probably understands he should maybe listen and not dig in his heels because there's a chance he could have another islands float moment.

"Hold on, maybe he'll answer it" is such a perfect ending point.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

The Anime Liker posted:

I thought the XKCD comic did a good job of encouraging engaging with someone's curiosity instead of being smug.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://twitter.com/Amtrak/status/1572607880078950401

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Oh yeah? Call me when you get get a train to Hawaii. :colbert:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Silver Falcon posted:

That's mentioned in the comments

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

jjack229 posted:

I thought the XKCD comic did a good job of encouraging engaging with someone's curiosity instead of being smug.

:yeah: Great way of looking at it.

Dan Ryckert (internet video game man) is notorious for "not knowing things" while also being very open and honest about it, as well as willing to learn. Him and a coworker did a great series called Bak 2 Skool, y'all should check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIwYYWUX444

Phanatic posted:

If it had been banjos you'd have had to duct tape me to keep me away from the cabin door.

Ha, funnily enough, I'm from the South and would take a plane full of banjos any day. :bahgawd:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

https://twitter.com/notweirdnormal/status/1572613225786777603

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Bro you honestly looking me in the eye and advising me to read the comments? :raise:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

rox
Sep 7, 2016

drew gooden recently did a video on this and yeah its about as good as youd expect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaVpeJlcQzg

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

It's quiet because it's at the bottom of the sea

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

I mean.......yes?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

That's more "did 9/11 occur on a train."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Silver Falcon posted:

Name me one good reason you shouldn't be able to drive a train on a boat and take it to Hawaii

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Name me one good reason you shouldn't be able to drive a train on a boat and take it to Hawaii

Just once in my life I want to take the trans-pacific train ferry.

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon
Military recruitment counts as marketing, right?

https://twitter.com/dave_brown24/status/1572217257199128577?s=20&t=_iFG-c_tb0N9KnEMwyJxPA

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
remember when we used to be allowed to say it was stupid to have a space force because trump liked it? Because somehow it's gotten even dumber and nobody seems to be going 'this is stupid'

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Dumpmaster General posted:

remember when we used to be allowed to say it was stupid to have a space force because trump liked it? Because somehow it's gotten even dumber and nobody seems to be going 'this is stupid'

my dude you are posting in the thread about stupid things

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I will tell anybody who asks it's stupid. Nobody asks me anything, though. :smith:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dumpmaster General posted:

No it's really incredibly stupid.

Why have a division of the Air Force when you can have a separate branch with redundant overhead at like 10x the cost?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm gonna say that the Space Force is stupid right now, and nobody can do a drat th

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

poo poo, rod from godded mid sentence, F

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

No way that the dumb Space force has an ion ca

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Space force is cool

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Space Force is so loving stupid, in retaliation a future Congress should wrap both it and the Air Force into the loving Army.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Then roll the army into the postal service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Then roll the army into the postal service

:sickos: