Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Maybe he's a nice guy in reality but his persona is awful and makes him irredeemable. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

So this is the first time I've played and not gotten stuck in white maps and quit due to making my own builds rather than using guides like a sane person, https://pobb.in/2d6wbdlWtlHj and I'm wondering if I've finally ran out of things to do to improve this build that isn't just getting better rares/getting the last few levels/reworking&rebuilding pretty much everything to fit spell suppression in.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I only listen to ben when mapping because he plays poe's default music super low, so I can play my own music in the background

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Einwand posted:

So this is the first time I've played and not gotten stuck in white maps and quit due to making my own builds rather than using guides like a sane person, https://pobb.in/2d6wbdlWtlHj and I'm wondering if I've finally ran out of things to do to improve this build that isn't just getting better rares/getting the last few levels/reworking&rebuilding pretty much everything to fit spell suppression in.

No, that's pretty much it at that point as far as I can tell.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Zmej posted:

I only listen to ben when mapping because he plays poe's default music super low, so I can play my own music in the background

Same here. I don't really understand why most poe streamers think people tune in to their streams to listen to their obnoxious electronic music. :corsair:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

totalnewbie posted:

Maybe he's a nice guy in reality but his persona is awful and makes him irredeemable. :D

by all accounts he's entirely fine as a person and it is just a wildly over the top persona for the stream

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i in fact do tune in to mathil's stream for his incredible taste in trance

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The mathil build looks great but I assume the forbidden flames will be hard to buy for awhile .

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
all the ones I've watched listen to pretty generic trance music which is basically exactly what I listen to when I play PoE, so...

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

euphronius posted:

The mathil build looks great but I assume the forbidden flames will be hard to buy for awhile .

i doubt the poe build of the week has even 10% of the effect on the market that matthil playing a build does lol. like they'd be clout chasing matthil not the other way around (it's not clout chasing tho, it's just a legitimately cool build and they're trying to showcase it)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also if you have an Ashes jungroan has invented a flame dash build lol. there's a vod of him fighting Ubers with it that I haven't watched but it has ~8m DoT DPS between the hit ignite and the burning ground, using Berek's prolif to clear. Seems pretty smooth if you can afford the ashes and divergent flame dash or w.e. alt quality it is and can be bothered to assemble all the sources of flame dash CD you will need.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No I meant his new one not the build of the week one

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Actually I just had a thought for something to improve my build, I could pretty easily move my portal gem to my offhand weapon and ditch frostbomb to slot power charge on crit + something to get power charges, but I have no idea what I'd use as an attack that I don't have to use very often for that, rage vortex?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
aren't you already crit capped?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Around 85% if things are on my brittle ground, PoB says it'd go up to almost 99% with 3 powercharges.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
static strike lol

commonly people just toss that on a storm brand or tornado or anything else that hits a bunch of times, if you've got 3 sockets you can spare, put it on a level 1 cwdt setup and switch to manually casting it on bosses

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Static strike could work, only concern is if it'd deal enough damage to kill myself on ele reflect maps even if I don't level it. Looking up how reflect works, it'd probably be fine? Two sockets is my limit so it's probably just rage vortex or static strike. I have tested it and even unlevelled static strike will absolutely kill my rear end on reflect maps so I guess I'll just use rage vortex.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 22, 2022

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker

Herstory Begins Now posted:

by all accounts he's entirely fine as a person and it is just a wildly over the top persona for the stream

I liked the part of his over the top persona where he said on more than one occasion that some women deserve sexual assault. A classic "gamer" bit just for the Fella's yknow

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Persona is fine if he just sticks with obnoxiousness but he goes beyond that, which is Not Cool.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

DangerDan posted:

I liked the part of his over the top persona where he said on more than one occasion that some women deserve sexual assault. A classic "gamer" bit just for the Fella's yknow

what

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
that's a request for a link to what you're talking about, not dismissal, in case it isn't clear

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
IIRC it's from when he had a twitch "debate" with Destiny or some poo poo in which Destiny was not the worst person (lol)

Pretty sure you can just Google quin69 rape joke and get the thing about how if humans didn't need to reproduce men would rape women all the time, it was something like that (very erudite!)

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah since I was grumping about it here's the pob for the dumb necro build I was trying to force: https://pastebin.com/0Hd7XgRU edit: ignore the 51% fire res I fixed that after importing and didn't want to gently caress around after importing again.

FAQ:
Why CI? Because being ES focused tickles me and gearing for res sucks.
Was this made by a big dumb baby? Yes I'm extremely casual and this is the furthest I've ever gotten in the game so I don't really know what I'm doing wrong.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 22, 2022

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Patch coming in a few minutes. I’m ready to run some lakes!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
imo way more people should try making builds after they've got a few succesful characters under their belt. obviously you probably aren't inventing the mythical no budget league start and ssf viable build that has great bossing and is s-tier mapper and works on a 3 link on a 10c budget, but it's entirely possible to make perfectly good builds without knowing everything about the game.

poo poo, I made a jugg skeleton summoner my third league in that honestly out performed a lot of other builds I'd played around that time and it hit 95, which was like 5 or 6 levels past anything I'd ever played up to that point. Generally you find a good solution for either damage or defense, and then build as much of the other into it as you can. As long as you have a bunch of one, you can sacrifice a bit of it for more of the other

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

inpulsas and a fat 'shocks spread to radius' with maximum roll might be enough to blow up packs. the thing with LC is the cast time is so low (and it scales hugely off of cast speed, too, so you're probably stacking it) that it doesn't meaningfully slow you down to just stutterstep a cast of it in. and it's good for nuking an entire screen if your shock application is good enough

I'm attempting the physical taken as lightning style of defense on top of experiments with LC, gotta use the Lightning Coil.
Either way this is with Elementalist, there's more options than just static strike (lol)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
the last time i tried to get into poe before this successful attempt i tried to make a life leech flicker strike slayer, and frankly, i will again.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If we're talking about sustain, Flicker Slayer is a solved problem. The Red Trail + The Golden Rule + chance to bleed mods to reach cap + Endless Hunger node = guaranteed Frenzy charge generation

You can do this with any class actually if you have an "Unaffected by Bleeding while affected by Malevolence" Watcher's Eye to replace Endless Hunger (which is a super cheap jewel).

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Stux posted:

the last time i tried to get into poe before this successful attempt i tried to make a life leech flicker strike slayer, and frankly, i will again.

the real endgame to poe is taking the first idiot build idea you ever had and throwing everything you've got at it until it's at least good enough to clear a white t16 map

actually that sounds entirely viable, so maybe idiotic isn't the right word there

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

whypick1 posted:

If we're talking about sustain, Flicker Slayer is a solved problem. The Red Trail + The Golden Rule + chance to bleed mods to reach cap + Endless Hunger node = guaranteed Frenzy charge generation

You can do this with any class actually if you have an "Unaffected by Bleeding while affected by Malevolence" Watcher's Eye to replace Endless Hunger (which is a super cheap jewel).

mother of ogod :dogstare:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
you mean 'mother of innocence', you heretic

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

the real endgame to poe is taking the first idiot build idea you ever had and throwing everything you've got at it until it's at least good enough to clear a white t16 map

actually that sounds entirely viable, so maybe idiotic isn't the right word there

It's time to revisit Storm Call Elementalist.
Actually it was just a witch with multiple lightning skills but I liked Storm Call from a visual standpoint when I had just started playing.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

I've made it to red maps. This is the absolute farthest I've ever gone in this game. I guess I'll just... keep running maps.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Zeg posted:

I've made it to red maps. This is the absolute farthest I've ever gone in this game. I guess I'll just... keep running maps.

Finish your map completion (115/115), unlock the favored slots, do all the invitations, then do all the uber bosses.

Still plenty left to do ... but yeah you're gonna have to run maps to do them :v:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Zeg posted:

Welcome to poe, its all maps now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zeg posted:

Killing Sirus or Maven is a good goal from there . In my opinion .

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

imo way more people should try making builds after they've got a few succesful characters under their belt. obviously you probably aren't inventing the mythical no budget league start and ssf viable build that has great bossing and is s-tier mapper and works on a 3 link on a 10c budget, but it's entirely possible to make perfectly good builds without knowing everything about the game.

poo poo, I made a jugg skeleton summoner my third league in that honestly out performed a lot of other builds I'd played around that time and it hit 95, which was like 5 or 6 levels past anything I'd ever played up to that point. Generally you find a good solution for either damage or defense, and then build as much of the other into it as you can. As long as you have a bunch of one, you can sacrifice a bit of it for more of the other

cospris chest tshot poison occultist, here i come

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 22, 2022

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Speaking of trying to make lovely characters work, I present to you DearDiary_MoodApathetic: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/whypick1/characters

She's a 2H Sword Viper Strike Occultist. She will be glorious(ly terrible). Just did first lab and I already regret not going Profane Bloom because the explosions from Asenath's are weak as hell.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
New snoo vid just dropped. T16 Jungle Valley Beastiary and Legion to juice rares. Solaris touched mob in the first run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Jinnigan posted:

cospris chest tshot poison occultist, here i come

do that with toxic rain and you've got a probably workable starter (I think?), then swap to tshot once you've got gear and I'm sure that's viable, fyregrass joke aside