Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I wish people who played Stardew played Rune Factory 4 because it shits all over it. Stardew is like a mad rush to get anything done in-between interacting with cardboard cutout characters and trying to stumble into their random events. Rune Factory feels a million times more lively and nicer to play despite being like ten years older.

Edit. snipe that poo poo. Rune Factory rules, Stardew drools :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Det_no posted:

I wish people who played Stardew played Rune Factory 4 because it shits all over it. Stardew is like a mad rush to get anything done in-between interacting with cardboard cutout characters and trying to stumble into their random events. Rune Factory feels a million times more lively and nicer to play despite being like ten years older.

Edit. snipe that poo poo. Rune Factory rules, Stardew drools :synpa:

Yeah RF is really good and I can’t wait for the 3 remake.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

three games during an advertisement though guys, come on

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RF4 may be fine but i got pushed off of it after defeating the first boss turned them into a romanceable girl that looks like a child

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The 7th Guest posted:

RF4 may be fine but i got pushed off of it after defeating the first boss turned them into a romanceable girl that looks like a child

like for real or are you loving with cowcaster for a goof

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
That is an actual romanceable NPC

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Leal posted:

That is an actual romanceable NPC

for fucks sake people

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

like for real or are you loving with cowcaster for a goof
for real. after defeating the first boss they become a girl that lives in the town and they're one of the characters the protag can marry

e: i don't think RF5 has anything like that though I haven't played it. it does, though, have a beast girl whose illustration on the wiki weirds me out. at any rate i have other life sims to play, and i have potion permit coming from gamefly in the future, so i'm not exactly in any rush to rune

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Sep 22, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How many hundred years old is she though. That’s what is important

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Stardew Valley is better.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Any opinions 0n Blossom Tales

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The 7th Guest posted:

for real. after defeating the first boss they become a girl that lives in the town and they're one of the characters the protag can marry

e: i don't think RF5 has anything like that though I haven't played it. it does, though, have a beast girl whose illustration on the wiki weirds me out. at any rate i have other life sims to play, and i have potion permit coming from gamefly in the future, so i'm not exactly in any rush to rune

well i mean the thing is i'm an old person and maybe all this poo poo is super cool and i'm just out of touch but on it's face it just always comes back to it being skeevy as hell and i don't know why we have to keep looping around here when there's a perfectly good place to get food down the street

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Rune Factory has a general issue with the romanceables looking kinda small and underage, which extends to the protagonists as well. This is less of a problem with the male dateables in 4 and 5 (iirc the earlier ones didn't have the option to play as a girl). There's plenty of more mature ladies but with few exceptions they are undateable.

Rune Factory 5 lets you get gay married though, so that's cool.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

well i mean the thing is i'm an old person and maybe all this poo poo is super cool and i'm just out of touch but on it's face it just always comes back to it being skeevy as hell and i don't know why we have to keep looping around here when there's a perfectly good place to get food down the street
well now i'm going to tease you

here's the beast girl from rf5

but i agree, there's a part of my brain that just is like "ehhhhh don't like it" even if other people don't mind it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
IIRC there are cut lines in RF5 for one of the older women that hinted at being able to romance her. You can romance her brother, but not her. Can't have older women be an option in these games.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The 7th Guest posted:

well now i'm going to tease you

here's the beast girl from rf5

but i agree, there's a part of my brain that just is like "ehhhhh don't like it" even if other people don't mind it

basically at this point it's a matter of figuring out whether i'm seymour skinner or not kind of regardless of anything. maybe i'm just an uptight rear end in a top hat!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is there a single loving anime that has characters over the age of say, 25

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

lupin III

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Maybe it was about that older lady being a single mom, to which I say: cowardice!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

tokyo ghoul

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Cowcaster posted:

You either die an Abel or live to be a Jagen

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stux posted:

tokyo ghoul

quiet you

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I mean really what is age but just a number?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Cowcaster posted:

Why keep the christmas tree after christmas?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i was being serious, everyone ends that show in their 30s.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

I mean really what is age but just a number?

like ha ha and all but the forums have had literal purges over the years (one just a few weeks ago!) over people making this joke but hey turns out, not a joke

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Propaganda Hour posted:

Why keep the christmas tree after christmas?

i'm unhappy with this

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Imagine marrying anyone but Forte. She is literally the only one who helps you fight right from the beginning.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cowcaster posted:

Is this why you aren't an admin anymore?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

like ha ha and all but the forums have had literal purges over the years (one just a few weeks ago!) over people making this joke but hey turns out, not a joke

Well I sure don’t suggest reading the cp2077 thread where people try and justify the 12 year old (looking) murder girl in a Bikini is actually ok because she acts older and her Japanese voice actor sounds older.

From the Netflix CP anime

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Well I sure don’t suggest reading the cp2077 thread where people try and justify the 12 year old (looking) murder girl in a Bikini is actually ok because she acts older and her Japanese voice actor sounds older.

i'm not trying to paint everything with a single brush here, i'm just very annoyed that all this stuff seems to boomerang back to underage anime girls

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

heaven deliver me from all these perfidious anime girls

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

In any case the romance in Rune Factory is always player initiated so you never have to engage with it if you don't want to. RF3 has a couple of questionable characters but I can't imagine anyone romancing them over the cool elf that yells RAINBOW and fights with a giant brush.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

RF3 has the girl that speaks in opposites and was really funny, that's about all I remember of it

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cowcaster posted:

also the new monkey island is very good thank you
i loved it and i hope ron is interested in making another.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MarcusSA posted:

that stands for cyberpunk right

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

lol

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

kirbysuperstar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLLQFLXz6VE

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Gorn Myson posted:

loving weird this is 15 years old. Gaming peaked with The Orange Box and I'm not joking.

I think we all just peaked at our own reg dates