Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Let me in fuckerrr

e: im in its gundam time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
WE'RE LAUNCHED PILOTS

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Gundam

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's out

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

being an rear end in a top hat in the assimar is fun

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this game is tight. dom trooper rocks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Barbatos Slim is still a threat.

E:

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 22, 2022

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Well so much for grinding for things. Already got the gold Zaku.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

the zaku is fun as hell

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
yooo the new animated SD Gundam stamps are cute

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Oh, boy. Best 2 of 3 in casual match. Nothing I love more after getting rolled than having to do it again.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
good start to live service for me

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Played for an hour and it was fun!

Have to wait until the 23rd to buy the currency to get the season pass, though. :(

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Turn A didn't get quite the buff I was hoping, but I've been locking down Barbs all night so far. :getin:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
The map design seems pretty sus, the barb doesn't seem as annoying as it was, and some ults are kind of useless while others seem OP. Still, we're still in the phase where no one knows the maps or how to play it yet so I hope it shakes out well.

Zaku 2 ranged and Asshimar are the best. If someone picks Zaku 2 ranged before me I die inside.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I guess a mini-review from my time earlier tonight:

The Good:
- gameplay is legit super fun between the speed, the map design, and unit abilities and weapons
- games don't take long to finish
- high skill ceiling

The Bad:
- menu ui is atrocious
- kill feedback is only obvious via sound cues
- map visuals are very bland

The Neutral:
- can't buy battle pass (or anything else) until the 23rd because that is when they will make the virtual currency available for purchase
- can't do ranked until you either hit lvl 20 (probably a week of solid play) or buy a battle pass

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Axel Serenity posted:

Turn A didn't get quite the buff I was hoping, but I've been locking down Barbs all night so far. :getin:

Turn A has quickly become my main, a good dual-natured gun, it can take a hit... I just need to practice with that flip move more, I'm not sure when it's connecting or not. The ult is brutal if you deploy it right because nobody knows what the gently caress yet.

My favorite feature so far is you can pick voices per-mech if you wanna be a lore pervert, or I can just put my sassy voice on everything at the click of a button

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kibner posted:

- can't do ranked until you either hit lvl 20 (probably a week of solid play) or buy a battle pass

I am Level 8 and I have only done four matches.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not great, but it's hilarious watching people get mowed down by my turret in Point Capture.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

trip report: its good

I died, and on my killcam I saw the guntank that killed me deploy his ult so I started yelling "9/11! 9/11!" over discord and then all five of my friends died to it because they were all camping the same loving corner lmao

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am Level 8 and I have only done four matches.

Oh poo poo, I may have gotten the levels from account and the levels from battle pass confused.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Game is rough for me so far. I can’t actually get into a game because I get stuck on a black screen once the match starts loading.

They also removed the ability to try out suits in the practice mode.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

DrManiac posted:

They also removed the ability to try out suits in the practice mode.

There's a "Practice" button underneath casual queue.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Revitalized posted:

There's a "Practice" button underneath casual queue.

Yeah but you can’t use lock suits in practice anymore.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

turn a is a very real threat when it used to just be kind of a joke. the stun on that judo throw is really long and it pisses me off

meanwhile barbatos still seems kinda nuts

i love the asshimar playstyle of "just be the biggest dickweasel." zipping around behind enemy lines harassing them feels dumb but very fun

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Instant "I now have full health or half of my health" pack pickups make me instantly want to drop this game. It places the balance so solely in the favor of mobility gundams who abuse health spawns. Its a really boring playstyle that is insanely effective.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Game still feels good even if I suck at shooters. Turn A still kinda feels garbo, though. I'm also seeing at least one drop or leaver per game so far it feels like, so hopefully that gets sorted before too long.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

no those are the fun part of the game (and a good place to put dom mines)

any robot can just step back for 10 seconds to regen to full anyway

I'm so glad all of the non-healthpack healing in this game is so garbage, really helps it avoid the stuff that turned me off of overwatch. Units can die, and if they try not to you usually know exactly where they're headed

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Sep 22, 2022

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Played one map and then had at least one person in my group crash on launch 3 times so we had to wait 5 minutes for the leaver penalty over and over and now it won't queue us at all. The network test worked better than this.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Did casual match queue just die? Been sitting in queue for several minutes now.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Revitalized posted:

Did casual match queue just die? Been sitting in queue for several minutes now.

Yeah matchmaking's dead. Not unexpected, wonder how many people are trying it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Only America is down, the other regions are working.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Only America is down, the other regions are working.

:911:

Y'know, with Blizz's bad press, I wonder if this will siphon people who are/were Overwatch fans? The timing of the launch certainly seems to be in a space to capitalize on that.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Warmachine posted:

:911:

Y'know, with Blizz's bad press, I wonder if this will siphon people who are/were Overwatch fans? The timing of the launch certainly seems to be in a space to capitalize on that.

I feel like they'll still have the majority playerbase because people are fans of the characters, and I figure a lot of normies don't follow the bad press or have short memories.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

shoulda known there was a G-Evo thread

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

having to pick a permanent username is hell

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eh, im not saying overwatch is dead or anything, but i feel like a lot of the casual audience ow1 caught is just gone nowadays. they balanced the game around competitive, and the kind of player whos interested in a wide array of characters with different personalities has stuff like genshin impact which is basically a single player game and also has an actual story to put those characters in, or other single player gacha games. even in terms of fps's apex is managing more actual character development and such and is popular internationally.

blizzard was never able to keep overwatch lore remotely consistent and barely put out story content for the game, and ow2 does have a single player/co-op mode but who knows how supported it will be longterm. ow2 will probably still do well but it feels like they've bled basically everyone they could for a variety of reasons.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

this game is p great, i love how everyone can dodge it feels great to evade everything. sazabi, dom, guntank, and methuss early favs.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

holy poo poo asshimir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Whoa would you look at the time, I've been playing way too much of this