Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UngE0qn3VRY

Well I know how I want my X-men in the MCU now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

In---ched--ble Hulk never disappoints!
Another great episode.
and is that a
Season metaplot starting?

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Paul F. Tompkins voice: I loving LOVE THIS SHOW! IT IS THE BEST SHOW EVER PERIOD!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
When they said wedding episode I was expecting to be disappointed but that was fantastic. Nikki rules, Mallory rules, Nikki and Mallory together rules and the use of Mr Immortal was superb. And I love that the show is directly taking on the incel shitbags that are whining about it.

Josh is totally going to turn out to be the Wrecker, isn't he? :ohdear:

TatMas drunk dancing :swoon:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Considering that I’ve spent the last three days watching the harrowing testimony of the plaintiffs in the Alex Jones defamation damages trial describe being stalked for years by online trolls, that turn there at the end was especially ominous for me.

Otherwise: no complaints. Show too good.

Side note: last wedding I was invited to I went stag and ended up getting roped into helping in the kitchen because I was the only sober adult…so, this episode rang true.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Shots fired over at She-Hulk. I can't wait to watch the internet reactions on this one. Gonna be great. Show good.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
No matter what opinion you may have of this show, you have to admit, they know their audience.

Of course these guys would brazenly deny that it represents their opinions, because they don't tend to be all that introspective.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm gonna be kinda surprised if this doesn't have a scene with She-Hulk raiding fake Kiwifarms and frustratedly exclaiming how these dweebs can't hurt her but they're a huge threat to normal people

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Show stays winning. One brief yet fun fistfight is truly all you need because there's so much fun and relatable character work that the best conflicts are all verbal. Episode 6 and still finding new ways to make it difficult for Jen and Hulk to exist in the same space, and that's so much more interesting than who gets punched this week.

Nikki remains a delight. The way it cuts to her sitting on the table having sorted a clearly very complex set of strange negotiations, and Mallory being good enough at her job to realise she needed to step back and let the quirky paralegal sort it all out... god the relationships in this show are so loving good.

I once travelled 250 miles to go to a friend's wedding reception (not even the wedding itself) only to be hit with a surprise cash bar at a remote country hotel.

Anyone else think that there was a greenish tint to the villainous gloved hands at the end? I'm going all in on that being the Leader as the end of season surprise.

Also, going back to previous episodes, watching the "previously on" stuff and I'm kinda sure that Wrecking Ball, who was wearing the balaclava, was the creepy date guy asking about her invulnerable skin.

The initial 4th wall break showing the writers know exactly what they are doing when they put this episode in this place of the season... they really do know us all so well. I only wish we had 24 episodes of this instead of 9 because I'm not ready to address the fact there's only three more of these coming.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
probably notable is that Intelligencia in the comics was ran by (and I know this is basically speculation but...) MODOK and the Leader. One of these already had an animated show featuring Patton Oswalt and the other is supposed to be showing up in New World Order, so uh, y'know

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Huh shoulda realised Intelligencia was a comics thing

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I, too, just want to sit and eat French fries with Tatiana Maslany.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
it's hilarious because the MCU version is both totally different but also perfectly accurate, in that the idea is getting a bunch of cold blooded fart huffing nerds together to trade sinister secrets and circle jerk about how smart they are

10/10, chef's kiss re-interpretation of the concept

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Haha so this show basically calling out Reddit for their poo poo

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I just realised that while the Daredevil helmet reveal last week would have melted the internet had it been a surprise, they knew what they were doing by putting him in the trailer. Every video on YouTube is salty CHUDs saying they only cared about Daredevil, and angry week after week that he hasn't shown up yet. Showing the helmet last week and then NOT having him turn up this week is such a great trolling of the worst people in the fandom. They're forced to watch a MCU Bridesmaids just in case Matt Murdock is in it, and having to watch internet bottomfeeders get called out again.

I swear, if the DD episode has a 4th wall break acknowledging they kept us waiting I will howl. Non-zero chance as they really seem to know the audiences, the good one and the bad one.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

I'm hoping that the trailers were a master troll and he shows up at the post credits scene after the finale.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Lunatic Sledge posted:

probably notable is that Intelligencia in the comics was ran by (and I know this is basically speculation but...) MODOK and the Leader. One of these already had an animated show featuring Patton Oswalt and the other is supposed to be showing up in New World Order, so uh, y'know

Isn't MODOK going to appear in Quantumania?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
They really need just like 10 more minutes each episode, that's all. Just ten more minutes, that's my only note :chefkiss:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

Also, going back to previous episodes, watching the "previously on" stuff and I'm kinda sure that Wrecking Ball, who was wearing the balaclava, was the creepy date guy asking about her invulnerable skin.

Could be a misdirect, but it's two different actors

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Watched the first 4 episodes of She-Hulk and I really like it! It’s sweet & silly and not at all the weird soy Girl-Boss thing people seemed to be afraid of. Tatiana Masani not being able to get a date as a hot corporate lawyer is contrived horse poo poo with malarkey sprinkles but everything else rules. I’m glad that this show about the Lady Hulk is pretty conservative with the action and focuses more on her as a character than as an event the way people talk about Bruce, like “Hey, the Hulk is going on!”

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I would never reject Jonathan as my groomsman.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Show's pacing still sucks rear end, but at least Patti Harrison was there gettin that good Marvel money

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I dunno, I could watch drunk Tatiana Maslany for an entire episode and be satisfied with it.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

On first glance I thought the thumbnail for the episode was depicting Rachel Bloom from Crazy ex-Girlfriend.
That would have been interesting quest appearance for a musical wedding episode.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Ha, went back to check out the profile Nikki setup for the incel site, and she made her fake online persona a bitcoin bro. This show is perfect.

Also, a trans actress and an openly bisexual superpowered man in the same episode (not to mention Nikki's strong bisexual energy as evidenced by her trying to sit on anything that isn't actually a chair) and we're starting to see Disney commit to more diversity onscreen.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

They may have spoiled Daredevil’s appearance but at least I got to have a surprise with Patti Harrison. She was perfect as always.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

MokBa posted:

They may have spoiled Daredevil’s appearance but at least I got to have a surprise with Patti Harrison. She was perfect as always.

Just no questions about her job, please.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Nikki was wearing a pentacle necklace.

Nikki = Nick = Nicholas = St Nicholas = Santa Claus.

Santa wears RED. And you know who else wears red?

Mephisto. How else could she have arranged that bargin between all those angry exs? Gotta be Mephisto.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Parkingtigers posted:

I swear, if the DD episode has a 4th wall break acknowledging they kept us waiting I will howl.

adhuin posted:

I'm hoping that the trailers were a master troll and [Daredevil] shows up at the post credits scene after the finale.

I was just reading up on some She-Hulk comic stuff to try and find a specific thing, including a site that summarized their top 10 of John Byrne's comic run 4th wall gags. One of which was to show a load of characters on the cover, and then never have them appear in the actual issue with She-Hulk pointing out that just because they're on the cover isn't a promise of anything to make fun of all the minor cameos comics were doing in the 90s just to justify having another character appear on the cover. So it'd be pretty perfect if Daredevil was in trailer shots, but never actually appears in the show.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

MokBa posted:

I don't follow these things, who was Patti Harrison?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

M_Gargantua posted:

I don't follow these things, who was Patti Harrison?

The bride.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

chitoryu12 posted:

The bride.

She was awful

It ruled

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Jim the Nickel posted:

Show's pacing still sucks rear end, but at least Patti Harrison was there gettin that good Marvel money

Yea the pacing is actually horrible. The overall package of the show is fun and I’m enjoying it but the characters all feeling the same in their vapidity is certainly tiring. Mallory Book is the only not goofy character. Everyone else just feels like they’re trying way too hard with zero grounding. Maybe it’s an extended LA joke, but this show is a case of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. It’s interesting how that works.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Granted, I haven't watched the episode yet, but I don't understand complaining about pacing. Like... it's a loving sitcom.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Pacing hasn't bothered me. Previous MCU shows are frustrating because they spend 5 episodes building up the story and then 1 episode trying to cram resolutions for everything in.

She-hulk being more episodic and having more episodes overall works for me. We'll see about the end of the season.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I’ve really enjoyed each episode being very self-contained

I’m going to hate whatever the final episode is, as it’s going to try to cram in some greater MCU ties, and probably flub it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Absolutely nothing else in the MCU is paced this way, there’s almost nothing exploding or on fire for multiple episodes, it’s way more like the kind of subversive genre shows you’d see late 90’s/Early 2000’s, and it’s definitely trying to be a TV show instead of a tiny movie the way the other MCU shows are all just tiny movies. This isn’t a tiny movie, it’s a big show about a big lady.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Still loving this show. Hasn't beat out Hawkeye for the #1 spot yet, but it's close!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Arist posted:

Granted, I haven't watched the episode yet, but I don't understand complaining about pacing. Like... it's a loving sitcom.

Have you seen a sitcom lately? It's not paced like a sitcom at all.

Look at Loot which is done in a similar style as this show - it's paced way better and fills roughly the same amount of time.

This episode was a bit all over the place. In the US when you're asked to be a bridesmaid is it really you just show up for the wedding? I understand they probably just cut to it for ... some reason.
What purpose did the b-plot have to anything? Aside from shoehorning that website in from one of the people suing Mr.Immortal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Vintersorg posted:

What purpose did the b-plot have to anything? Aside from shoehorning that website in from one of the people suing Mr.Immortal.

Lawyer show gonna lawyer. Plus, you know, developing secondary characters, continuing to hammer the theme of men being shitheels in various ways and presenting more small time superhumans who require legal help.