Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Ether Frenzy posted:

M359 Restorations has some pretty good BMW rebuilding material, and as far as I've noticed don't seem to be political at all/if so they are not blatant chuds. I've been watching their newest project of rebuilding a Silverstone II silver E92 M3 with a blown up crankshaft in the cylinders.
M539 is another good one. I’ve even been watching him for a year or two and he’s just all about the mechanical work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ok Comboomer posted:

I mean, who really cares and all that, but let’s not pretend that Clarkson and Hammond aren’t massively Tory as gently caress, Clarkson often vocally so

Drivetribe doesnt have that much to do with Clarkson and Hammond has kept his political views so quiet no one appears to know what they are or if he even has any.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Drivetribe doesnt have that much to do with Clarkson and Hammond has kept his political views so quiet no one appears to know what they are or if he even has any.

I thought he was like pro foxhunting, but I probably have him confused with somebody else and I don’t want to slander him

IIRC he does live in a castle and he did buy all his neighbor’s estates because they kept complaining about him flying his helicopter to work, which while arguably :guillotine: poo poo, is the cool David Gilmour kind of :guillotine: poo poo that I would totally do with hundreds of millions of Bezos Bucks

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I think in AI we can appreciate the fundamental difference between flying your helicopter to work and being flown to work in your helicopter

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Ok Comboomer posted:

I think in AI we can appreciate the fundamental difference between flying your helicopter to work and being flown to work in your helicopter

if you can afford to both fly and maintain your own personal helicopter, you deserve the guillotine but the person who's being flown gets a rusty dull one

i'll go so far as if you can afford to get in a private helicopter you get Kobe'd

e; i know this is AI but i just paid my car bill and i'm wishing i lived in a city with actual public transportation

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 20, 2022

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
^^^^

For a minute I thought I was in GBS.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Large Testicles posted:

if you can afford to both fly and maintain your own personal helicopter, you deserve the guillotine but the person who's being flown gets a rusty dull one

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

There's always an Achewood.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Think I saw Toyota mentioned briefly earlier but definitely they got a big notch in the Chud column from me during the whole trump/california thing over GHG regulations.

(TLDR: trump rolled back emissions regs because evil, California said we're gonna do our own regs which, the CA market being what it is, would essentially force makers to adopt them nationwide, then Trump admin tried to sue them to prevent them from enacting such regs.)

Anyways these guys sided with trump as part of the fiasco
Fiat Chrysler
GM
Toyota
These 3 got the biggest headline coverage by name since they're huge, but a bunch of other makers supported trump here including: Mazda, Hyundai/Kia, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Subaru.

These companies publicly went with CA:
BMW
Ford
Honda
Volvo
VW

After dieselgate I swore I'd never buy a VW group product, but they seem to have actually come around on things to some degree, as much as any giant for profit conglomerate can really be on the right side of anything.

Of course many big companies sway whichever way the wind blows but personally Toyota/GM are particularly two faced historically, and I think it's notable that the other 5 makers were willing to publicly go against the others, even if it was out of some sense of hedging, and I'm pretty sure all of them on this post are part of the same super-lobbyist group now anyway.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Mr. Apollo posted:

M539 is another good one. I’ve even been watching him for a year or two and he’s just all about the mechanical work.

His is my benchmark for what I want out of an automotive channel. Zero politics, he's funny, and its just a solid hour+ of wrenching in every video. Love his OEM restoration approach as well.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Toyota has a very old school Japanese way of doing political corruption where they just kinda butter up whoever the top dog is in a given place where they have a corporate or manufacturing presence, or whoever will support their immediate goals (lowering their taxes, fighting unionization, keeping emissions regs rolled back, etc), totally blind to everything else, and it means that they end up falling rear end backward into silly little embarrassing situations like being the biggest corporate donor of anti-lgbtq politicians in the US

truly the Mr Bean of zaibatsu

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Hows Eric the Car Guy? He comes off as kind of a dork but doesn't give off any real bad vibes; plus he helps keep my old af Honda on the road. Still, hes a beardo from ohio so who knows

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
He's a fuckin doofus who spent 5 figures building a 351 to go racing because he apparently didn't want to LS swap and then blew it up because he couldn't tune it as well as he thought he could, but my impression is he's good at repairing stock vehicles.

So take anything he says about performance builds with a grain of salt.

Haven't determined his politics, though.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

The Mercedessource guy has been completely apolitical as far as I can tell, and extremely informative.

Drivetribe is good.

Mr. Darcy and the Ol' Man seem to do purely harmless motorcycle reviews.

Comedy option 3Dbotmaker.

3Dbotmaker is entertaining background noise.

I also like Robot Cantina - they've been doing silly things to cars, like putting a HF lawn tractor engine in a 1st-gen Insight just to see if it could get to typical car speeds. No their fiddling with and old Saturn running a feedback lawnmower carb - which they also did cylinder deactivation on to see how it would run with 3, 2, and 1 cylinder.
Did I mention that the HF engine was fuel injected? They did that, too.
No politics I've been able to discern, which is impressive as they live in rural BFE.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

His Divine Shadow posted:

He ruined a really loving nice 80's hilux for laughs. What a shithole.

He definitely gave off bad vibes before even seeing one of his videos to completion.

Correction: he really ruined like three or four of them so far. He bought a bunch.

Such a POS

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Don't get me wrong, I think the dudes a fuckwit and I don't care for mindless destruction either, but it's a little weird seeing people be precious about a few Hilux's. They've built almost 20 million of them and they're being run into the ground around the world every day.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Don't get me wrong, I think the dudes a fuckwit and I don't care for mindless destruction either, but it's a little weird seeing people be precious about a few Hilux's. They've built almost 20 million of them and they're being run into the ground around the world every day.

WD has done a ton more lovely things than just bust a couple Toyotas. gently caress that guy.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Ok Comboomer posted:

I thought he was like pro foxhunting, but I probably have him confused with somebody else and I don’t want to slander him

Being pro fox hunting, while weird, seems pretty harmless compared to a bunch of the other poo poo being discussed in this thread.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Well it really loving bugged me since I'm on the lookout for an 80s hilux and then I got to see such a prime example preserved so well, and this slack jawed fucker just ruins it. But thinking on it, I don't tihnk I'd care for it regardless of what car it was. At least those other cars being run down are put to a practical use.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Being pro fox hunting, while weird, seems pretty harmless compared to a bunch of the other poo poo being discussed in this thread.

Yeah, but in UK politics, being pro foxhunting is like nine-out-of-ten times a tell for other kinds of “Preserving British Traditions” Torydom, and is a position almost exclusively held either by dudes with gentry family backgrounds who want to bring back the old hallmarks and customs of the aristocracy, or by nouveau-riche dudes like Brian Ferry/etc who fancy themselves members of that aristocracy, or by Nigel Farage types who see the fetishization of British history as essential to their goals.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Ok Comboomer posted:

Yeah, but in UK politics, being pro foxhunting is like nine-out-of-ten times a tell for other kinds of “Preserving British Traditions” Torydom, and is a position almost exclusively held either by dudes with gentry family backgrounds who want to bring back the old hallmarks and customs of the aristocracy, or by nouveau-riche dudes like Brian Ferry/etc who fancy themselves members of that aristocracy, or by Nigel Farage types who see the fetishization of British history as essential to their goals.

Or Jacob Rees-Mogg, who was frozen in ice since 1870 and is still upset he's not allowed to beat the gardener anymore for botching a trim on the topiary maze.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Non-chud/racist car channel worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/c/HubNut

HubNut is about celebrating 'ordinary' and quicky, usually non-sports cars (though there are some reviews in there of a Matra Murena, Alpine etc in there).

Ian himself is very strongly anti-racist and anti-sexist. I rarely see sexist comments under his videos, even if his girlfriend is in the videos.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Sorry, way the hell behind on the thread. 60 hour work weeks + 10 hours a week of commuting. Finally getting into a normal schedule soon - I haven't looked at Youtube at all in a good bit.

One of my coworkers showed up to work wearing a Vice Grip Garage hat. I seem to remember someone saying in the first few pages that Derek wound up being semi-chud? Has he gone full political, or mostly keeps politics out of stuff? It's been a few months since I watched any VGG stuff.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ok Comboomer posted:

Yeah, but in UK politics, being pro foxhunting is like nine-out-of-ten times a tell for other kinds of “Preserving British Traditions” Torydom, and is a position almost exclusively held either by dudes with gentry family backgrounds who want to bring back the old hallmarks and customs of the aristocracy, or by nouveau-riche dudes like Brian Ferry

Now hold on don't be dissin' Roxy Music like that...

*Looks up Bryan Ferry on Wikipedia*

:stonk:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Just realized I forgot to mention, Doug from Little Victory Fab Co on YouTube is legitimately lefty and I told him he should come here to AI too. He builds high hp 4L80es in the greater Portland OR area and is currently aiming for a sub 9 second pass with his extremely brown (inside and out) LS swapped G body.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

STR posted:

Sorry, way the hell behind on the thread. 60 hour work weeks + 10 hours a week of commuting. Finally getting into a normal schedule soon - I haven't looked at Youtube at all in a good bit.

One of my coworkers showed up to work wearing a Vice Grip Garage hat. I seem to remember someone saying in the first few pages that Derek wound up being semi-chud? Has he gone full political, or mostly keeps politics out of stuff? It's been a few months since I watched any VGG stuff.

He's definitely a chud but he seems to keep it out of his videos. Take that how you will.

Myself, a card carrying communist, still watches his videos because they're entertaining and there's nothing overtly political about him. Do I know just from watching him that he voted R? yeah but he doesn't seem like he'd shoot you for no reason. he's basically in the same camp as Cleetus to me.

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 24, 2022

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
The Alex Taylor <3 Trump stuff is pretty funny. I only really knew her from other people's videos as that girl who cannot make a single pass at a drag and drive event without breaking poo poo.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Lowclock posted:

The Alex Taylor <3 Trump stuff is pretty funny. I only really knew her from other people's videos as that girl who cannot make a single pass at a drag and drive event without breaking poo poo.
So she really is just a worse Tony Angelo

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Lowclock posted:

She only managed to break 2 different overdrives this Drag Week.

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer

MadScientistWorking posted:

So she really is just a worse Tony Angelo

Oh no, is Tony a chud? Or just destructive—I’m ok with that.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

the poi posted:

I can't recall Tony saying anything actually political one way or the other, but I recall him being vocally pro-mask early on in the pandemic.

He's just incredibly good at blowing up cars, especially if it's Finnegan's Blasphemi.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

IOwnCalculus posted:

I can't recall Tony saying anything actually political one way or the other, but I recall him being vocally pro-mask early on in the pandemic.

He's just incredibly good at blowing up cars, especially if it's Finnegan's Blasphemi.

Yeah he was at least one of the good guys masking up and making sure everyone in the shop was too

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Large Testicles posted:

He's definitely a chud but he seems to keep it out of his videos. Take that how you will.

Myself, a card carrying communist, still watches his videos because they're entertaining and there's nothing overtly political about him. Do I know just from watching him that he voted R? yeah but he doesn't seem like he'd shoot you for no reason. he's basically in the same camp as Cleetus to me.

This is what I was gonna say but better. He's like 90% of the car guys I grew up around in the ND/MN border area.

He's clearly doing a bit to some extent, and his overboard bootlicking at burnout competitions and poo poo gets tedious, but most of his actual content is pretty tame and fairly interesting/informative. He rides that bubble hard though.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

the poi posted:

Just destructive. :D

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

the poi posted:

Na, Tony Angelo is a good dude who is pro-mask and vaccine through this whole thing. Early in the pandemic he talked about masks and called out Cletus. Think he also has a daughter with health issues so he's taken it very seriously.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
https://twitter.com/HooviesGarage/status/1574879443948019743

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

gently caress Hoovie, I liked him at first, but after the ascent into non-stop supercars, his channel became nothing but humblebragging.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
whoa, the legacy rich kid from kansas is lovely? that's out of left field

and yeah, his videos stopped being interesting or fun a while ago for me. sometime around when he got 25k of garage lifts for free because youtube or whatever

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I always found his "I'm just some just country bumpkin who's in way over his head" act really annoying.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Ok Comboomer posted:

Clarkson is also racist, classist, misognynist, and generally so much a boorish parody of himself now that nothing he has to say about cars is worth hearing from him. James May still seems like a sweetheart and I hope he stays that way. His show about toys was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I just want more Reassembler, that show owns.