Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

TotalHell posted:

Spending thousands of dollars on my Gitrog costume and coming in third

magic is always pay to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

TotalHell posted:

Spending thousands of dollars on my Gitrog costume and coming in third

now that's the real gitrog monster

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Warhammer 40K Collector's Edition Opening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irCJ4wG8RmM

I haven't watched it all but 1: the foiling kinda looks like rear end and 2: there is curling but i would say its not too severe.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Strong Sauce posted:

Warhammer 40K Collector's Edition Opening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irCJ4wG8RmM

I haven't watched it all but 1: the foiling kinda looks like rear end and 2: there is curling but i would say its not too severe.

The surge foiling kind of looks like those old promo cards you'd find in big box stores in a pack with 2 random boosters.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Did not realize they were doing a collector booster for the whole dang edh deck, and lol that on TCGPlayer those are going for $200+.

As someone who buys singles, godspeed Wizards you crazy bastards you.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Wait, they're already over 200? Good lord. I was wanting to pick up one if it was around $100ish, but that's pushing it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Careful Sheldon, or they'll take your format away lol

Strong Sauce posted:

The curling is atrocious, do not even give them an inch of leeway on a product that costs $1.50 per loving card. I considered getting a playset of Swords to Plowshares for Legacy but hell no

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

The World Inferno posted:

Did not realize they were doing a collector booster for the whole dang edh deck, and lol that on TCGPlayer those are going for $200+.

I think that is just the MSRP ? (I know they don't have real MSRP) but yeah I think they really want $200ish per foil commander deck.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Eej posted:

It's the casual funsies format don't you know

But no, not that funsies

It would be too much work to go through the Un- sets and say officially which cards are cool and which ones would be too much.

I mean, we're talking four whole sets of cards here. It's way too difficult to figure out if Alexander Clamilton or the Surgeon General Commander were broken. It's not like there's a clear line where a card like Frankie Peanuts or Spike, Tournament Grinder are too much, but a commander like Dr. Julius Jumblemorph or Grusilda, Monster Masher works without any rules ambiguity or strangeness...

A mechanic like Augment is far too confusing when compared with straightforward mechanics like Mutate...

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Ok. That slaps. I demand WotC modify token rules to make this legal!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Toph Bei Fong posted:

It would be too much work to go through the Un- sets and say officially which cards are cool and which ones would be too much.

I mean, we're talking four whole sets of cards here.

God forbid the RC actually do some work and govern the format. Let WotC take over if they can't handle it.

I have no horse in this race but IMHO Commander should allow literally all cards without rules 0 bullshit required as a baseline and shape the format from there. Command Tower, Arcane Signet et al. are already silver border cards for all intents and purposes.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

This owns bones, and I am guessing you could do some nasty things with treasures.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

This looks like fun

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

WHY IS THIS NOT LEGAL :(

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Framboise posted:

Imagine shuffling tokens into your deck.

I'm extremely excited for all the legal cards, and not about any of the acorns. I think this might be the first magic event I go to since the world ended

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Framboise posted:

undercosted for that effect

edit for real though, they could have added "except libraries" and it would just work fine

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Maro just spoiled this. Said he wanted it to be legal, it could be legal as is, but the other developers told him to make it Acorn.

Bloodshot Cyclops and Dragonlord Kolaghan is a two-card combo to instantly win the subgame.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 22, 2022

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

The World Inferno posted:

I don't know why but I had it in my head that these edh decks were going to be like $40-$60 each for no foil. Final nail in the coffin for me if it's more than that, I want them but ~$250 was already financially irresponsible of me

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Katana Gomai posted:

God forbid the RC actually do some work and govern the format. Let WotC take over if they can't handle it.

I have no horse in this race but IMHO Commander should allow literally all cards without rules 0 bullshit required as a baseline and shape the format from there. Command Tower, Arcane Signet et al. are already silver border cards for all intents and purposes.

It is very good that you have no horse in this race, given the content of this post.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Chamale posted:

Maro just spoiled this. Said he wanted it to be legal, it could be legal as is, but the other developers told him to make it Acorn.

Bloodshot Cyclops and Dragonlord Kolaghan is a two-card combo to instantly win the subgame.

I mean there's likely hundreds of two card permanent combos that can deal 5.

Meira's Outrider from DMU and the Rangeland from this set lol. I guess yours beats that though since you can do it in response to the Outrider trigger. In that case, Bogardan Hellkite and Kiki-Jiki

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

big cummers ONLY posted:

I don't know why but I had it in my head that these edh decks were going to be like $40-$60 each for no foil. Final nail in the coffin for me if it's more than that, I want them but ~$250 was already financially irresponsible of me

The non-foil ones are though. Or were, anyway.

They're 2 weeks from launch and post spoiler so the prices surged.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/brothers-war-prerelease-update-2022-09-22

quote:

First, at Prerelease events held at participating stores, you'll now be able to purchase all product in any quantity during the Prerelease window. Set Boosters? You can get them. Collector Boosters? Kick off that collection early. Draft Boosters, Bundles, Commander decks, and Jumpstart Boosters? Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

quote:

Second, we're going to continue a test we started with Streets of New Capenna and have the tabletop Prerelease come before the digital release. That means that November 11 is the first day you can get a chance to play with The Brothers' War, and you can only do so through your local game store. In fact, we're trying this again for the following two sets as well—Phyrexia: All Will Be One and March of the Machines.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Aphrodite posted:

The non-foil ones are though. Or were, anyway.

They're 2 weeks from launch and post spoiler so the prices surged.

Well I feel stupid. I assumed it was a secret lair but I guess it's just a normal product with a normal launch. This poo poo is so confusing. If I can get em at MSRP that'll be nice.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Toshimo posted:

It is very good that you have no horse in this race, given the content of this post.

cEDH can and should have its own rules and banlist. Outside of that, if Eminence is legal, let people assemble contraptions.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 22, 2022

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Katana Gomai posted:

cEDH can and should have its own rules and banlist.

This is the biggest indicator that you don't actually play EDH/cEDH, and your opinion should be roundly ignored.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

AlternateNu posted:

This is the biggest indicator that you don't actually play EDH/cEDH, and your opinion should be roundly ignored.

Maybe more people would play if you were allowed to play the funny cards??

luv 2 gatekeep the casual format lmao

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Chamale posted:

this set has some good humour. Isn't shaharazad banned explicitly because of sub game time issues?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lone Goat posted:

Maybe more people would play if you were allowed to play the funny cards??

luv 2 gatekeep the casual format lmao

Yes, won't someone think about how people might not play the most popular format in the game.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Edh ain’t on arena it’s probably like 4th most popular played

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't really understand the complaint that 'Commander should allow literally all cards without rules 0 bullshit required'

run the cards if both you want to and everyone at the table is fine with it, that's literally rule 0's purpose. i feel like anyone making those complaints have never actually had a conversation about running silver border cards in their playgroup, if they've even had a rule 0 conversation at all

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What’s everyone even arguing about.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

uggy posted:

Edh ain’t on arena it’s probably like 4th most popular played

Arena isn't Magic though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A few of the usual dipshit morons are screaming about commander again despite never playing it, business as usual for the Magic thread.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

The Shortest Path posted:

Arena isn't Magic though.

can you at least wait until one awful take is done with in this thread before dropping another

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's the mtg thread, anything and everything

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cmon now, settle down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

flatluigi posted:

can you at least wait until one awful take is done with in this thread before dropping another

It has cards which literally are not and can not be Magic cards by nature of how the game works. It isn't an "awful take", it's just a fact.