Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yokozuna? At this rate I'm worried we won't have any Ozeki left.

Going to throw out some bold predictions: Yokozuna Tobizaru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

According to Mainichi from a Nattosumo video, Teru has osteoarthritis in both knees, so yeah i don't see him staying around too much longer.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I’m thinking Mitakeumi drops ozeki next basho.

Not sure if spoilers but, isn't that basically guaranteed at this point with the MK today?

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Nativity In Black posted:

Not sure if spoilers but, isn't that basically guaranteed at this point with the MK today?

In case a kadoban ozeki gets more losses than wins and is demoted to sekiwake, they have the chance to secure an immediate repromotion if they deliver 10 or more wins as a kadoban-ozeki-turned-sekiwake. I remember Tochinoshin managing to pull this off, but I can't remember if we've seen it since.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I thought he wasn’t kadoban this basho because he was out last time due to a positive in his heya

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I thought he wasn’t kadoban this basho because he was out last time due to a positive in his heya

He's actually on a(n unprecedented?) kadoban run going all the way back to May!

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Chris Sumo says Mitakeumi has a right shoulder injury from May that makes it hard for him to do much pushing or even resisting on that side. He seems generally listless and may be having some long COVID issues making things even worse for him. Either way, he's going to need a huge November to get Ozeki back and I'm concerned for him. :(

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Honestly, he should just go kyujo at this point if he's gonna be demoted anyway. The rest would be far more productive than seeing how many losses you can accumulate.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Mitakeumi is actually double secret kadoban

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

He's not kadoban this basho because of the covid pullout, he's kadoban this basho because when he pulled out he was also kadoban, so he's actually kadoban 2 basho in a row which is unprecedented.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

https://twitter.com/HakuhoSho69/status/1572781605156171777

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

would watch the gently caress out of basumoketball

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Bentai posted:

According to Mainichi from a Nattosumo video, Teru has osteoarthritis in both knees, so yeah i don't see him staying around too much longer.

Oof yeah, as someone with that in one knee, it's a huge bitch and he likely will need to drop weight -fast- once he retires if he wants to keep walking.

Edit: Unless something really stupid happens, I don't see anyone else having a path to beat Tamawashi for the yusho.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 22, 2022

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

bessantj posted:

Sorry bit confused, why have I got Shodai? Is Mitakeumi out?

Whoops, ignore that, that was some spreadsheet shuffling that got messy.

Robviously posted:

Yeah, I was slightly confused on why I got Mitakeumi but figured it was because I already traded once this basho or something.

That's because you'd been dropped down the trading wire as a result of your earlier Daieisho trade, so you weren't able to pick up Takakeisho and

Robviously posted:

Mitakeumi will suffice.

Day 11 standings

Makuuchi
code:
39.5	Crusty Nutsack
39	Banana Canada
39	Netsky
38	Eli949
37.5	Charles Gnarwin
36.5	Jobbo_Fett
36.5	scripterror
35.5	bartolimu
35.5	Takuan
35	Communist Thoughts
35	Khizan
34	anakha
34	Mode 7
33.5	jmzero
33.5	Tochiazuma
33.5	Vargatron
33	Ice Phisherman
33	MyChemicalImbalance
33	Saturnine Aberrance
33	pseudodragon
32.5	Flinger
32.5	Thauros
32	Lid
32	NuclearPotato
31	Iron Chef Nex
31	Kenning
30.5	GoatSeeGuy
30.5	Marching Powder
30	Everyones Favorite Poster
29.5	bessantj
29.5	Tiny Bug Child
29	whats for dinner
28	S.W.O.R.D. Agent
26.5	Chinook
26	Fluffdaddy
24	Neodoomium
23.5	Robviously
23	Teddybear
17	ullerrm
16.5	sivad
Juryo
code:
35.5	Gaghskull
35	ilmucche
33.5	Ben Nerevarine
33.5	Helianthus Annuus
33	MalarkeyToboggan
31.5	LlamaTrauma
30	ratmosphere
29.5	Brut
29	Kuros
29	Pakled
29	KungFu Grip
28.5	Enfys
27.5	Liquid Communism
27.5	Maigius
27.5	oldskool
27.5	PJ
26.5	Biosys
26.5	Mekchu
25.5	Lexorin
25	Akiosan
24.5	Dead Goon
24.5	Log082
24.5	QuasiQuack
24.5	rare Magic card l00k
24.5	Xerzes
24	Boogalo
19.5	Bentai

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Shodai.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Keisho

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Papayasu looked possessed today. Really love the way he’s fighting right now. Not the most dominant rikishi, but super steady. Famous last words but it kind of reminds me of his Ozeki sumo. I don’t think he ever set the world on fire, but he was always good for a solid bout, and I think that’s what we’re getting out of him now.

If only he’d bring back the bear grunt :(

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Shiroc posted:

I'm still really hyped about Tochimusashi. I hope he can make it into the top division for January.

I've noticed him already for his perfectly horizontal and ample bosom

Top stuff

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

:hmmyes: funnily it's also the best he's moved all basho imo

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Whelp Tochinoshin is unofficially dead :negative:.

I'm also pretty sure that Ichinojo has some sort of injury to his left leg. You can see him avoiding putting pressure on it as he got pushed out today.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Whelp Tochinoshin is unofficially dead :negative:.

I'm also pretty sure that Ichinojo has some sort of injury to his left leg. You can see him avoiding putting pressure on it as he got pushed out today.

It does feel kinda like a lot more wrestlers are nursing injuries this basho. Do you think that the return of the tours have anything to do with it? Seems like the additional work after a couple of years of not having to do that might be a bit more than some of their bodies can stand.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Need more Wakatakapapa in my life.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Saturnine Aberrance posted:

Trade request:
I would like to trade my 2nd S/K Pick Ichinojo for my 3rd, Kiribayama.

I'm just constitutionally not a fan of trading, and I just know this will be the point where Ichinojo wakes up, but I felt even earlier that I might be over-valuing Ichinojo off the results of last basho, and I think that's borne out. I'm splitting the difference by sticking to my list, but still feels weird picking out the guy doing great. I'm sure if the sumo gods are displeased by this choice, Ichinojo will awaken and show me the error of my ways, but I feel that I am more in line with my brand of fantasy sumo by picking Kiribayama. Gambarize.

I just wanted to make sure that my trade request from day 7 went through - it didn't get acknowledged in an update post, and for a while the trade "didn't matter" since Ichinojo and Kiribayama were getting the same results so I couldn't see the difference. But lately, my points here stopped reflecting my own records (even though my points here are better than what I was seeing...). Was I too late for this trade, or was I not able to trade to Kiribayama?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Kenning posted:

Day 11 standings

Makuuchi
code:
39.5	Crusty Nutsack

:chanpop:

I continue to stand by my brand of fantasy sumo which is never trading

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Movin' On Up

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I tried your brand, and if there was a fantasy Makushita, I'd be on that barge right now. Time to change stuff up for November.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

So sick

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Work has got me all turned round when looking at sumo results, only just realised that Asanoyama has lost one! To Yuma.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Crusty Nutsack posted:

NEVER TRADE

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
May keisho's actions live in infamy forever. Absolute monster

also, that double crash off the dohyo in Mitakeumi vs Nishikigi was scary

Beeswax fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 22, 2022

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

If nothing else, I can now say I've seen Hokutofuji raise an eyebrow after a match.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Incredible henka today

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

That loving Hoshoryu throw was incredibly sick. Also, I don't think Hokutofuji was barreling in so low as to warrant Takakeisho's henka, but what can you do.

Saturnine Aberrance posted:

I just wanted to make sure that my trade request from day 7 went through - it didn't get acknowledged in an update post, and for a while the trade "didn't matter" since Ichinojo and Kiribayama were getting the same results so I couldn't see the difference. But lately, my points here stopped reflecting my own records (even though my points here are better than what I was seeing...). Was I too late for this trade, or was I not able to trade to Kiribayama?

Oh, sorry I missed this. I've updated your sheet to include Kiribayama from Day 8. Hasn't changed your score yet, but it will by the end of the basho.

Lots of mk and kk coming in today and the next couple days, so expect some big jumps.

Day 12 standings

Makuuchi
code:
45	Banana Canada
43.5	Crusty Nutsack
43.5	Netsky
43	Eli949
40	Communist Thoughts
40	Khizan
39.5	Charles Gnarwin
39.5	scripterror
39	Mode 7
38.5	bartolimu
38.5	Takuan
38	anakha
38	MyChemicalImbalance
38	pseudodragon
37.5	jmzero
37.5	Jobbo_Fett
37.5	Saturnine Aberrance
37.5	Thauros
37	Kenning
37	Tochiazuma
36	Ice Phisherman
35.5	Flinger
35.5	Iron Chef Nex
35.5	Vargatron
35	NuclearPotato
34.5	Marching Powder
34	Tiny Bug Child
34	Everyones Favorite Poster
33.5	GoatSeeGuy
33.5	Lid
32	bessantj
32	whats for dinner
31.5	S.W.O.R.D. Agent
30	Fluffdaddy
29	Chinook
27	Robviously
26.5	Teddybear
25	Neodoomium
17.5	sivad
16	ullerrm
Juryo
code:
39	Gaghskull
39	MalarkeyToboggan
38	ilmucche
37.5	Helianthus Annuus
37	Ben Nerevarine
36	LlamaTrauma
33.5	ratmosphere
32.5	Brut
32.5	Kuros
31.5	Enfys
31.5	Pakled
31.5	KungFu Grip
30.5	Biosys
30.5	Maigius
29.5	Liquid Communism
29.5	Xerzes
28.5	Mekchu
28	oldskool
26.5	Akiosan
26.5	Boogalo
26.5	Lexorin
26.5	PJ
26.5	QuasiQuack
26.5	rare Magic card l00k
26	Log082
24.5	Dead Goon
21	Bentai

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Takakakeisho's henka is the most I've laughed at sumo in a long time. What a dodge!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It’s just so funny because Keisho’s entire game is built around a monstrous tachiai and he just said naw and jumped to the side. I was not disappointed to see Jason sumo just post a video of it with no commentary and the title “Fuckkkkkkk”

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It’s just so funny because Keisho’s entire game is built around a monstrous tachiai and he just said naw and jumped to the side. I was not disappointed to see Jason sumo just post a video of it with no commentary and the title “Fuckkkkkkk”

it was a perfect video lmaoooo

i could feel how hyped people were Hokutofuji was ready to go NUTS and then welp

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Jason is such a herb and should be laughed at relentlessly.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Spoiler for an amazing move:

https://i.imgur.com/x5XfN4v.mp4

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I want the next set of sumo cards so I can get my Tochimusashi sekitori rookie card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Kuros posted:

Spoiler for an amazing move:

https://i.imgur.com/x5XfN4v.mp4

That was a thing of beauty.