Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
just love it when shows want to do a thing, do it, then end without overstaying their welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
did anyone make it all the way through the blade runner black lotus anime show? was it any good?

matti
Mar 31, 2019

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

it was great going from those to the rankin bass movie as my sources for visuals on middle earth

i missed out on the 80s or earlier art that was all hippy style wandalf the pipe weed man or w/e

matti
Mar 31, 2019

what a guy eh

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

bilbo without bilbo is always a trip

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

I have a mild danny mcbride allergy but goodman and goggins make up for it in my book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcXySCE6nYs

I fuckin love this delivery so much of his

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
welcome to the 21st century buck rogers you designed a house with ipads in the walls yet your jerking your dick like a god drat pilgrim

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The generic fantasy covers they have now suck so much compared to the old school ones.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
weird buildings with spindles ftw

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

did anyone make it all the way through the blade runner black lotus anime show? was it any good?
I watched the first one or two and just kinda went "meh" and stopped watching.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Chris Knight posted:

I watched the first one or two and just kinda went "meh" and stopped watching.
same

the painfully generic plot setup (the main character has amnesia and doesnt know who or what she is, the only clue is a mysterious object she possesses that people keep trying to kill her for, she gets plot-advancing flashbacks to her previous life sometimes, etc etc) made me tap out early. i was wondering if it got better or more interesting as it went along

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The generic fantasy covers they have now suck so much compared to the old school ones.
the painting on that cover was actually done by jrr tolkein

more books should have their covers be scenes from the book as painted/drawn/watercolored/etc by their authors

mystes
May 31, 2006

FMguru posted:

more books should have their covers be scenes from the book as painted/drawn/watercolored/etc by their authors
Agreed, this could be quite amusing

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
lol ebook covers are often made by their authors

or were

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FMguru posted:

same

the painfully generic plot setup (the main character has amnesia and doesnt know who or what she is, the only clue is a mysterious object she possesses that people keep trying to kill her for, she gets plot-advancing flashbacks to her previous life sometimes, etc etc) made me tap out early. i was wondering if it got better or more interesting as it went along

oh so its an isekai

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

FMguru posted:

the painting on that cover was actually done by jrr tolkein

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
my wife and I are watching this cdrama called My Girlfriend is an Alien and the main guy forgets all women when it rains and the subtitles translate it as “Rainy Weather Heterosexual Amnesia” and i laugh every time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
spectacular lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rotor knows a good time when he reads it

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

had these growing up (probably still on a shelf at my parents' but they were in awful shape when i last saw them a decade ago so they're likely dust now)

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Oneiros posted:

had these growing up (probably still on a shelf at my parents' but they were in awful shape when i last saw them a decade ago so they're likely dust now)

my fiance's sister got this pack at a yard sale or something for like $15 CAD a few weeks ago. huge find

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
i dunno what covers my parent's copies had, they definitely had a watercoloury look but if i look up a list of lotr book covers none of them ring a bell

what i do know is that the spines had all been repaired with packing tape because of how well-worn they'd become, and i'm pretty sure at least one of the back covers was missing entirely

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

im planning on watching the old adventures of sonic the hedgehog and the old inspector gadget series soon

not sure how theyll hold up, but i remember loving them when i was a kid

update: Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is nostalgic, but at least the first few episodes are kinda bad (because theyre for children in the early 90s)

i'll hang onto them for the kids to watch when theyre older lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the LOTR covers from the 1987 editions are pretty great too

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Oneiros posted:

I have these and a slipcase, the family story is my mom read it when she was pregnant with me, thus dooming me forever to a life of nerddom. the originals are in such bad shape I’ve picked up spares of that edition at used bookstores to save wear and tear plus I found a matching hobbit. huh I guess I own 3 copies of lotr

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

haveblue posted:

the LOTR covers from the 1987 editions are pretty great too

this one is clearly just the artist's mate

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

distortion park posted:

this one is clearly just the artist's mate

they all are

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

gandalf never holds the loving ring!

did the artist even read the book? i bet they don't even know who Thorondor is

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Sweevo posted:

gandalf never holds the loving ring!

did the artist even read the book? i bet they don't even know who Thorondor is

That's gotta be Tom Bombadil.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

not samuel vimes. that's for sure

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

That's gotta be Tom Bombadil.
bright blue his jacket isnt and his boots are NOT yellow :argh:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

wanna read some extended universe poo poo about Tom Bombadils less successful brother Troy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lord of the wrong poo poo on the cover

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

rotor posted:

wanna read some extended universe poo poo about Tom Bombadils less successful brother Troy

He lost everything when his wife Goldbelly got roped into a MLM scam.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

He lost everything when his wife Goldbelly got roped into a MLM scam.

instead of Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo! and stuff its just lyrics to Foghats Cold As Ice

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
everybody talks about what an out-of-place character Tom Bombadil is but a happy chill dude who lives in the forest smoking weed living with his eternally young smoking hot wife is a pretty dead-on depiction of how i imagine an actual demi-god would act tbh

imagine having a burning ambition to leave your mark on the world or even the slightest chip on your shoulder if you've got that sort of setup going on

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

dioxazine posted:

not samuel vimes. that's for sure
Samuel Vimeo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sapozhnik posted:

everybody talks about what an out-of-place character Tom Bombadil is but a happy chill dude who lives in the forest smoking weed living with his eternally young smoking hot wife is a pretty dead-on depiction of how i imagine an actual demi-god would act tbh

imagine having a burning ambition to leave your mark on the world or even the slightest chip on your shoulder if you've got that sort of setup going on

I thought that chapter existed to contrast him to someone like Gandalf who is a lesser god that takes a huge interest in the affairs of men.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i think that chapter existed probably because Tolkein wrote it for his kids a while back and just still liked the character so he crammed it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
did george martin steal the RR thing from tolkien