Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Rascar Capac posted:

I can't believe they finally got all the Doctor Who's in the same place together:

Back Row: Dave Gilmour, Jools Holland, Trevor McDonald, Steve Balsamo, Stephen Fry, Ade Edmondson, Phil Daniels, Zac Starkey , Ronnie Wood, Gary Glitter.
Front Row: Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, Bob Dylan, Prince Charles, Billy Connolly, Frank Bruno, John Entwistle.

Billy looks... distinctly uncomfortable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

I guess that dungeon master switched careers.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Rascar Capac posted:

I can't believe they finally got all the Doctor Who's in the same place together:

Back Row: Dave Gilmour, Jools Holland, Trevor McDonald, Steve Balsamo, Stephen Fry, Ade Edmondson, Phil Daniels, Zac Starkey , Ronnie Wood, Gary Glitter.
Front Row: Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, Bob Dylan, Prince Charles, Billy Connolly, Frank Bruno, John Entwistle.

Spot the nonces (there are two that we know of)

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Rascar Capac posted:

I believe the proper pluralisation is 'Doctors Who'

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
sound on

https://i.imgur.com/yPx8H9W.mp4

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

Killingyouguy! posted:

I believe the proper pluralisation is 'Doctors Who'

Doctor Whom :science:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

We use old newspaper to wrap fragile stuff at my store. We have one 85 year old employee who keeps us stocked with the local paper and WSJ.

Tying this in back to that guy all upset about the anachronistic AC: my store deals in architectural salvage, and we regularly get calls from film crews looking for period lighting, appliances, furniture, etc. Most local crews rent, but some buy outright.

We had one crew that was happy enough to buy 4 1970's urinals at $1000/each (shipped). I really wanna watch this movie to see just how critical it was that the plumbing on the urinals was period authentic.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

e. I'm really sorry it turned out so poo poo, I drunkenly installed Windows 11 which made Gimp disappear so I used some awful MS Store photo editor thing

CATTASTIC has a new favorite as of 18:18 on Sep 22, 2022

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

QUACKTASTIC posted:

e. I'm really sorry it turned out so poo poo, I drunkenly installed Windows 11 which made Gimp disappear so I used some awful MS Store photo editor thing

I like how this implies that the piss loving goats were not in fact airlifted out, and are still frolicking free.

Also installing Gimp takes like two minutes! Oh and if you need to re-install a whole bunch of stuff https://ninite.com/ is a great time save if you use a bunch of open source stuff.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

mind the walrus posted:

I like how I know Doctor Who, but not enough that I still looked at this and was like "wait really?"

Yep, Stephen Fry. It was a one-off Christmas special, not a lot of people saw it.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

I'd watch Mike Tyson Dr.Who.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

theflyingorc posted:

They literally only still exist because people like the aesthetic.

So, just like Funko Pops and most everything else aimed at the nostalgia of 30 & 40 year olds

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

enigmahfc posted:

So, just like Funko Pops and most everything else aimed at the nostalgia of 30 & 40 year olds

newspapers are aimed at 70 year olds

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

theflyingorc posted:

I wasn't disputing that, just wanting to dunk of how stupid Funko Pops were for a moment there.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

theflyingorc posted:

30 & 40 is 70.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

Soul Dentist posted:

He's surrounded by more than a few sex criminals

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

theflyingorc posted:

using an outdated technology like paper to record and distribute information is a rejection of the immediate information control granted by digital formats

we call this aesthetic paperpunk

look forward to my fanfiction where i take ghost in the shell but place it in a paperpunk world

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rascar Capac posted:

David Mitchell and his 16 identical siblings

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Soul Dentist posted:

At least he got a lot of notes for the guy he played in that X-Files movie.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I recently got subscriptions to Nat Geo and some photography and cooking magazines at like $1-2 each and I gotta tell you it's loving amazing reading something and not having to click microscopic close ad buttons or cookie warnings or wait for recipe text to load because the website prioritized a video ad.

Death to digital media.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

DeadlyMuffin posted:

I'd watch Mike Tyson Dr.Who.

Tyson Who solves problems by shanking people with the thonic thcrewdriver.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I prefer physical media mostly. I wish the forums were much more letters we sent to each other.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

QUACKTASTIC posted:

If you're happy with it being online, Photopea is essentially a copy of Photoshop you can use in your browser.

https://www.photopea.com/

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Rascar Capac posted:

I want to say this might be the primer for the Six Different Faces every white British man has, but obviously some of the white guys aren't British, and I feel like we're missing one, or Entwistle and Townshend have essentially the same face.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

oldpainless posted:

I prefer physical media mostly. I wish the forums were much more letters we sent to each other.

More like oldpenpalless

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

oldpainless posted:

Well if you’d give me your address like I asked

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

:perfect:

Sign me up.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I like the newspaper. I get the weekday edition digitally, but I get the Sunday physical and sit around and read what catches my interest and then I can ignore my phone for the rest of the day.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Mister Speaker posted:

I want to say this might be the primer for the Six Different Faces every white British man has, but obviously some of the white guys aren't British, and I feel like we're missing one, or Entwistle and Townshend have essentially the same face.

I’m willing to give Dylan to the British free of charge

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

theflyingorc posted:

That and, never as I can tell, for poo poo like legal notices. I look at one every once in a while waiting in a doctor's office or something but that's about it. They're real bad. Problem for me is, I like print or at least a laptop/desktop because eyes aren't great and I can't stand reading things on my phone.

I worked in print for a long time but mostly got out aside from freelance work and it's weird to me to see how thin and how the small the print is magazines. I still prefer reading physical books though.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Soul Dentist posted:

He doesn't recognize the Dutch usurpers and knows that the last True King was Bonnie Prince Charlie (the previous Charles III)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
https://i.imgur.com/dlHPgty.jpg

:nws:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I really hope that's red paint/material.....

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Strawberry preserves

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Rascar Capac posted:

That list of names has strong CHRIS DEL CHRIS and CURB LURB energy.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Meh where's the pic of it in use

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This is a family show. He should thank them with the thonic thingy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sir Nose posted:

Meh where's the pic of it in use

Xlorp posted:

This is a family show.