Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

the sex ghost posted:

If England don't win the 2022 world cup im deleting trp

no don't

pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

:toxx:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the sex ghost posted:

Hell yes

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I thought it was funny when he brought on Maguire at 3-0 down with five minutes left.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
You don't need to be a bad manager to be a fraud but he is a fraud

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Definitely kick out the most successful manager in generations two months before the World Cup, I am an England fan and also very smart

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Alctel posted:

Definitely kick out the most successful manager in generations two months before the World Cup, I am an England fan and also very smart

The world cup is when

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

You don't need to be a bad manager to be a fraud but he is a fraud

you dont need to be a bald manager to be a fraud either

but alas Pep

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

Alctel posted:

Not having woke communist snowflake Southgate as manager to get England to a semifinal and a final of successive major tournaments is why we voted for Brexit 🇬🇧

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
San Marino (0) are the only side that have scored fewer goals than England (1) in the Nations League this campaign

TimeWaster
Nov 1, 2011

Alctel posted:

If the Premier League has taught us anything this season, it's that this is exactly the correct time to boot a manager. Might even be the week before it starts.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Alctel posted:

This is Glenn Hoddle erasure

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's Sam '100% record' allardyce erasure

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alctel posted:

The most stark possible reminder of how bad England's past managers have been

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
About time they made a decision:

https://twitter.com/fifamedia/status/1540005143881699333

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

gently caress yeah, can't wait to see how many right backs Southgate names now

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Now Godin wont take the spot of a much better player on the list.

He'll just take it in the starting 11.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Godin indeed is in tragic shape. Dude was getting destroyed by 4th division teams during the state championship. Luckily velez was willing to take him from us.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Don't worry, it's coming home.

When the women win the Euros.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
For anyone dumb enough to travel to Qatar for the WC, apparently they're not selling alcohol in stadiums during games. Only on the edge of a golf course a few km away from most of the stadiums/center area

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/world-cup-stadiums-will-reportedly-be-alcohol-free-in-qatar/ar-AAZl3yI

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Isn't "alcohol" supposed to be in quotation marks because we're talking about Budweiser?

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Omnikin posted:

For anyone dumb enough to travel to Qatar for the WC, apparently they're not selling alcohol in stadiums during games. Only on the edge of a golf course a few km away from most of the stadiums/center area

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/world-cup-stadiums-will-reportedly-be-alcohol-free-in-qatar/ar-AAZl3yI

lmfao because FIFA strongarmed the Brazilian government to re-allow alcohol sales in stadia after they had previously banned it for public safety reasons. I guess dirty oil money trumps dirty sponsor money.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just remembering one of the conditions for any country holding the world cup is that FIFA are basically exempt from all laws. Lmao

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Didn't FIFA have special areas in South Africa where not even the country's own constitution applied to them, basically making FIFA a temporarily independent state, or something almost as ridiculous?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1557306433368121344?s=20&t=bofAYJGNySTKst-7V2R3bQ

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
are qatar poo poo enough to get twatted 10-0? would be a fantastic way to open the tournament

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Nis posted:

are qatar poo poo enough to get twatted 10-0? would be a fantastic way to open the tournament

They were a guest at the last concacaf tournament and they didn’t embarrass themselves. They weren’t good but they weren’t terrible by any stretch. That was a few years ago I think.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Also they nationalized a lot of players from other countries

E: they won the 2019 Asian championship which is not super easy to do

jeebus bob fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 10, 2022

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Moktaro posted:

Don't worry, it's coming home.

When the women win the Euros.

:smuggo:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The free kick in the Scotland game was never a free kick and the Ukrainian guy who flung himself into the air has an appalling neck tattoo

Otherwise just a game of 22 aaron lennons sprinting full pelt into each other and tripping up

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Thassa red

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
San Marino-Seychelles ended 0-0, big congrats to both teams for not losing.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Backdoor Delivery posted:

San Marino-Seychelles ended 0-0, big congrats to both teams for not losing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GejHS0PMh9c

Standard viewing on San Marino mentions

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/KohpMo/status/1572692196062552064?t=fJ9k5Ipa4yVsnfL_ulYNjQ&s=19

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Belgium's team is so old now.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The Olden Generation

stab
Feb 12, 2003

sassassin posted:

Belgium's team is so old now.

Are they really bad now or are they still going to beat Canada 10-0 Op

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

stab posted:

Both things can be true OP

stab
Feb 12, 2003

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Both things can be true OP

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

stab posted:

The team babies Carrasco (29) and De Bruyne (31) can probably create enough between them to beat most teams.

We're all over the place so far. Looks like we're trying to man mark Witsel and leave big spaces for De Bruyne. Page out.