Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I put them that way because they seemed like a progression, but I don't think they're all the same pizza. All from the same place's 8 photo Instagram post though!

here's the rest, enjoy!!

would, obviously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS4mhjJezmM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I never understand these kinds of pizza. They're not the worst at all, I'd just never want that much pepperoni/etc all at once. I'd need a break a few bites in.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Captain Hygiene posted:

I never understand these kinds of pizza. They're not the worst at all, I'd just never want that much pepperoni/etc all at once. I'd need a break a few bites in.

There's an extremely jank place near me that offers a "crazy pepperoni" pizza as their pep pizza and I saw it was more efficient to get that and add stuff than make a "choose your own" with pep/mushroom/sausage/olives

it turns out crazy pepperoni means like 100 slices and with the additional toppings the thing was like eating a casserole

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

god drat lookit that cuppage

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

There's an extremely jank place near me that offers a "crazy pepperoni" pizza as their pep pizza and I saw it was more efficient to get that and add stuff than make a "choose your own" with pep/mushroom/sausage/olives

it turns out crazy pepperoni means like 100 slices and with the additional toppings the thing was like eating a casserole

Donato's (Cincinnati chain) counts 100 pepperoni for a large and it's amazing

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I buy these any time I see them, which isnt often. Fantastic for homemade pizza.

https://www.hormel.com/Brands/HORME...mAaAk-KEALw_wcB

Pro tip: set the oven to broil for the last two minutes cooking.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Soul Dentist posted:

Donato's (Cincinnati chain) counts 100 pepperoni for a large and it's amazing

they sell Donato's at Red Robin now! i can buy it in Colorado now and it seems exactly the same.

but definitely get mushrooms too, they were using FRESH!!! years before the other chains and it's still the best :colbert:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

mds2 posted:

I buy these any time I see them, which isnt often. Fantastic for homemade pizza.

Man I love those things. I wish they were the standard pepperoni style, or at least offered as a selectable topping at more places.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Donato's pepperoni mushroom and blue cheese crumbles on thin crust is the King of lovely Delivery Pizza

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Soul Dentist posted:

Donato's pepperoni mushroom and blue cheese crumbles on thin crust is the King of lovely Delivery Pizza

YOu guys are making me want a Donato's pizza (minus the mushrooms)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mds2 posted:

yeah check these out if you haven't. i don't buy the regular ones anymore. far as national chains go Marco's lets you order the cup pepps specifically.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

For years, Sweden had dominated the Worst Pizza category but then out of nowhere, in the middle of the night on a Tuesday in September, South Korea suddenly busted through the wall and gave them their largest challenge yet

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Also isn't Donato's just Red Robin's ghost kitchen for pizzas?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Toxic Mental posted:

Also isn't Donato's just Red Robin's ghost kitchen for pizzas?

It's a regional chain, but they teamed up w/ Red Robin during covid to add more delivery options via basically a ghost kitchen strategy yeah

the actual pizza is (to my memory) donato's pizza with less topping options

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

For years, Sweden had dominated the Worst Pizza category but then out of nowhere, in the middle of the night on a Tuesday in September, South Korea suddenly busted through the wall and gave them their largest challenge yet

september in the late 90s, maybe

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it's thin crust party cut and the sauce has a bit of sweetness that may enrage some pizza eaters so keep that in mind. its Ohio style, i imagine you can decide from that whether you should give it a chance

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'm not sure if I trust a pizza endorsed by Red Robin

Don't get me wrong, I like Red Robin's burgers and fries, I'll keep eating that garbage. But pizza... is questionable.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AARD VARKMAN posted:

it's thin crust party cut and the sauce has a bit of sweetness that may enrage some pizza eaters so keep that in mind. its Ohio style, i imagine you can decide from that whether you should give it a chance

The square "party" cut is what enrages me when it comes to pizza, that poo poo should be illegal.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

The square "party" cut is what enrages me when it comes to pizza, that poo poo should be illegal.

i think it's nice, those little corner triangles are really delicious.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Waterbed Wendy posted:

i think it's nice, those little corner triangles are really delicious.

I love the mix of crunchy corner pieces with a lil bit of sauce + mid pieces that are pure pizza goodness.

also like Sicilian style thicc rectangle pizza. no drat regrets

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

crust is garbage for an rear end 99% of the time so gimme a center piece every time, maximize the sauce-toppings-dough melange baby

there's a reason frico was invented

nothing wrong with liking a corner piece as long as it's not just straight up dough and nothing else

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I can't decide how I feel about square party style slices. I like the thin center squares a lot, but they're always messier than they need need to be without crust to hold on to.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

crust is garbage for an rear end 99% of the time so gimme a center piece every time, maximize the sauce-toppings-dough melange baby

there's a reason frico was invented

nothing wrong with liking a corner piece as long as it's not just straight up dough and nothing else

where are you getting your crusts from? it should be like bread which is good.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I want homogeniety from my pizza above all else

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Toxic Mental posted:

just throw it all in a blender and make a pizza smoothie already

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Toxic Mental posted:

May I interest you in one of these babies

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Mmm soup-like homogenete....

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
One of the places around here is known for not skimping on the toppings. We've been there four times now, and every time I hate it. I keep thinking my mind will change because a huge pile of meat just looks so good. But when it comes out, it's just swimming in grease and it's loving disgusting.

The last time we went we said light sauce, and she thought we said white sauce. You can imagine how that went. Bleahgjh

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
update im eating Donato's and it's as good as i remember but lol at the sweetness level. I would say it's about as sweet as a bbq sauce pizza. Not for the pure of heart

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that’s too sweet for my tastes 🤘

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
They do slice it normal style if you ask too

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Tavern style pizza is the standard here. Basically Chicago thin crust.

It's good. Pretty much only the chains around here to the standard cut.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I put them that way because they seemed like a progression, but I don't think they're all the same pizza. All from the same place's 8 photo Instagram post though!

here's the rest, enjoy!!

would, obviously

Finally, a decent amount of pepperoni. Just need some of that crappy powdery parm out of a green bottle or a shaker that's sat at the table for days at a time.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Those pepperoni oil cups suck. I couldn't imagine how anyone would like them. They literally fill with grease in the bottom. You'd find it on the cheapest pizzas back in the day (from what I remember).

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Those pepperoni oil cups suck. I couldn't imagine how anyone would like them. They literally fill with grease in the bottom. You'd find it on the cheapest pizzas back in the day (from what I remember).

get with the program ya dingus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2A1qYpp4HA

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have literally used paper towels on pizza before. I didn't know it was a secret.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

I have literally used paper towels on pizza before. I didn't know it was a secret.

They tried to ruin that poor young man's life because of it, like he discovered the water-powered car

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It's pretty funny how the ~200 calories Ulillillia soaked up from pizzas was the tipping point between him gaining weight and losing weight. Props to him I guess.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

This was the go to for the pizzas in high school. For the calzones, you bite off one end and squeeze the geese into the cardboard boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

its all nice on rice posted:

This was the go to for the pizzas in high school. For the calzones, you bite off one end and squeeze the geese into the cardboard boat.

Ahh, high school in foie gras country :france: