Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Oh-oh! They just released the Cyno banner stars: Candace, Sayu, Shinobu.

For me that's 2 brand new units, and Sayu cons would be nice too. I know I won't be able to resist pulling, and I'm gonna end up with a completely unused 90 9/9/9 Cyno on my account, just like what happened to me with Hu Tao and Thoma back in the day. Don't be like me, kids!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

poo poo, I was sorta hoping I wouldn't want to pull on that banner but I really really want to put together one of those Shinobu hyperbloom teams so

Kale
May 14, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

For me that's 2 brand new units, and Sayu cons would be nice too. I know I won't be able to resist pulling, and I'm gonna end up with a completely unused 90 9/9/9 Cyno on my account, just like what happened to me with Hu Tao and Thoma back in the day. Don't be like me, kids!

Holy poo poo thats a really good banner for me. Shinobu is the only active 4 star I dont have, still need a couple constellations on Sayu and Candace is obviously new and has a really handy passive with the 25% stamina climbing reduction.

After 3 banners that were mostly easy skips with me basically just rolling on the Zhongli one and the current one until I got a Dori it looks like I'm actually going to have to seriously be considering the wish menu over at least the remainder of the year. No more reruns or characters going into the standard banner.

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 22, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
drat that's a tempting banner. First one in a while where I don't have any C6s. I wouldn't be mad if I got Cyno.

Speaking of whom, the decision to make a short dude character sounds like a chain smoker is interesting.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

hmm, I guess I'll pull on the Venti banner though I don't particularly want either of the 5 stars. Getting all EM VV artifacts feels like it would be miserable too, I think Sayu would end up sitting on the bench if I get her

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Those 4 stars goddamn. One pity it is! Guess I'm strongboxing TF for my poor soon to be naked keqing.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Elentor posted:

I've been told to just get her as soon as possible, c/d?

She used to be the only character in the game that actually used charged shots as part of a "viable" playstyle in endgame. (With good enough artifacts and team comps you can really make anything work though, including Amber.)
Nowadays there are two, with her and Tighnari. Tig is in the standard pool too so you could potentially get spooked by him at any time even without a rateup, albeit at a 1/12 chance. His playstyle is a lot different though. He presses his skill and then he gets a buff that lets him rapid-fire the next 3 bow shots with really boosted charge speed, after which he's meant to swap out and wait for cooldowns.

Kale
May 14, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

drat that's a tempting banner. First one in a while where I don't have any C6s. I wouldn't be mad if I got Cyno.

Speaking of whom, the decision to make a short dude character sounds like a chain smoker is interesting.

Its definitely deliberate IMO. A lot of people likely dont have C6 Shinobu or even have her at all, she just got a lot netter with Dendro and Sayu hasnt been around for a while. Candace has a fair bit going for her design wise and Cyno looks like he will appeal to both male and female players and have a cool playstyle. Gloves are off now after the rerun grace period probably. Hu Tao is possibly sneaking in next month too with her staff of Homa

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MoonCrab posted:

okay confirmed I can skip 3.1 and save up for Nahida in 3.2 then

may all Shinobu wanters become Shinobu havers

Kale
May 14, 2010

I dont think theres any more banner without a new character on it through at least 3.5 now. Theres about 8 x2 banners to get through and still Cyno, Nilou, Al-Haitham, Scaramouche, Dehya, Candace, Mika, Kaveh and Lalya that we even know of to be implemented. Maybe like 1-2 might be all reruns unless theres just like 4-5 more unleaked or unannounced new characters. Would be hilarious or maybe scary if they go ahead and slip Yaoyao and Baizhou in there for Lantern Rite 3.0.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Neither Candace or Sayu are likely to be carries right? I could use an electro or hydro carry but don't really need support or off field DPS for either, a shame because I think they look cool.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Coolness Averted posted:

Neither Candace or Sayu are likely to be carries right? I could use an electro or hydro carry but don't really need support or off field DPS for either, a shame because I think they look cool.

Correct. Candace's playstyle is pressing Q to give a teamwide buff and then loving off forever. Sayu is a healer who happens to be really fun to run around the overworld with.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

Sayu is an anemo healer. Candace is a hydro ???? definitely not a carry. Kuki is a hyperbloom enabler healer. Cyno is certainly an electro carry. Nilou can technically be on field damage but her actual attack damage is beyond bad.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

hmm, I guess I'll pull on the Venti banner though I don't particularly want either of the 5 stars. Getting all EM VV artifacts feels like it would be miserable too, I think Sayu would end up sitting on the bench if I get her

Good news you can build Venti with a standard setup of atk/anemo/crit and he still does a ton of damage. He doesn't need 100% EM.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

He doesnt do much damage in any case, it's like 60 to 80 thousand per burst even in optimal conditions. It's the other crap you throw in the tornado that does damage.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Blegh I meant Cyno not Sayu, sorry. Yeah I've got Sayu and Shinobu, though neither at 6c, so it was based on if Cyno or Candace could be a carry, since I have teams that could use that, but don't really need more off field dps or buffers in what seems to be their niche, especially if I have to worry about saving for other units like Raiden.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Cyno is 1 billion percent a carry with good f2p options. That said, I would think very hard if you won't have wishes for Nahida afterwards because he is built entirely for aggravate and using DT/Collei for the next 9 months would get very old.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cyno seems cool as hell and literally the only reason I'm not interested in pulling for him right now is that I have so many other characters I still need to level and build. But if I happened to get him while pulling for a Shinobu or two I wouldn't be upset.

I miiiiiiiight pull on this upcoming weapon banner, too, because one of the new 4-stars looks like it's an absolutely perfect weapon for Kazuha and I want it very badly. I don't know if those new 4-stars will be on the next banner or the one that runs alongside Nilou, though.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

No Wave posted:

Cyno is 1 billion percent a carry with good f2p options. That said, I would think very hard if you won't have wishes for Nahida afterwards because he is built entirely for aggravate and using DT/Collei for the next 9 months would get very old.

Ah so strictly a carry for Dendro reactions? Wouldn't say work as Cyno in a Fischl, Sucrose, Kokomi team? I do have 6c Collei and could swap the Sucrose for her there. Otherwise yeah I'm definitely stuck spreading myself thin.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

Ah so strictly a carry for Dendro reactions? Wouldn't say work as Cyno in a Fischl, Sucrose, Kokomi team? I do have 6c Collei and could swap the Sucrose for her there. Otherwise yeah I'm definitely stuck spreading myself thin.

AFAIK there's nothing in Cyno's kit that makes him not work as an electro carry in a non-dendro reaction team (not like Nilou where her passives just straight-up don't work if you have any non-hydro, non-dendro teammates). It's just that he gets a lot of bonuses from EM (especially if he has his 5* weapon) and that makes him especially suited to being the driver in a reaction team, and aggravate is really strong.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Harrow posted:

Cyno seems cool as hell and literally the only reason I'm not interested in pulling for him right now is that I have so many other characters I still need to level and build. But if I happened to get him while pulling for a Shinobu or two I wouldn't be upset.

I miiiiiiiight pull on this upcoming weapon banner, too, because one of the new 4-stars looks like it's an absolutely perfect weapon for Kazuha and I want it very badly. I don't know if those new 4-stars will be on the next banner or the one that runs alongside Nilou, though.

I hope they're on Nilou's because I'm going for her sword since it looks like her with and without the sword is pretty stark. They would be very nice bonsuses to grab. But also never expect anything but pain and misery from weapon banner so probably on Cyno's even though she was wielding the 4 star instead of her 5 star in the trailer.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

You could, if you wanted. There are a lot of reasons it won't feel that good - electrocharged damage is not good and doesnt scale with the crit you stack on him, Kazuha's -resistance will only cover half of his burst, the bird will only last 60% of the burst duration. He's really only going to perform at a level substantially above Diluc for that one reaction.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eimi posted:

I hope they're on Nilou's because I'm going for her sword since it looks like her with and without the sword is pretty stark. They would be very nice bonsuses to grab. But also never expect anything but pain and misery from weapon banner so probably on Cyno's even though she was wielding the 4 star instead of her 5 star in the trailer.

See I'm hoping they're on Cyno's weapon banner because both of the weapons on that banner (Cyno's polearm and probably Elegy alongside Venti) seem pretty good so I'd be happy to stumble into getting either one, while Nilou's sword seems like it's pretty much only for Nilou and I'm not planning to get her.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

That's a really good banner. But save my guarantee for the Archon I must. It's definitely a test of willpower after all the kid gloves skipping lately though.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Heh, look at these people wanting Cyno when I already have Cyno at home!

Cyno at home: 90 C6 Razor

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

The best day of my genshin career was taking the amos bow and wanderer's pieces off of ganyu and putting them on Tighnari.

Well this is going to do big numbers for making my daily commissions and leyline farming easier.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Harrow posted:

See I'm hoping they're on Cyno's weapon banner because both of the weapons on that banner (Cyno's polearm and probably Elegy alongside Venti) seem pretty good so I'd be happy to stumble into getting either one, while Nilou's sword seems like it's pretty much only for Nilou and I'm not planning to get her.

She's so pretty and I want to play her main dps if possible and she needs help there so... :negative:

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Cyno hyperbloom will also be a decent team as you can build him full EM. It won't be as good as the Sucrose hyperbloom team but it's an option if you want to play Cyno.

Edit: Team would look like Cyno, Beidou(her burst doesn't attack dendro cores), Xingqiu, DMC.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 22, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Eimi posted:

She's so pretty and I want to play her main dps if possible and she needs help there so... :negative:
Main DPS she can use the black sword (or if you're crazy enough to have pulled it, haran) - it's definitely a different build because you'll be using a crit hat. Her signature sword is very much a support weapon. It's reaaaalllly freakin good on her but i am concerned the other weapon is gonna stink.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

Main DPS she can use the black sword (or if you're crazy enough to have pulled it, haran)

:negative: lol

I'd trade it for a Jade Cutter in an instant but drat if it doesn't look nice

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Was clam even worth it? Kokomi does more damage and heals more with clam, but all that glitters is not gold. :geno:

Sucks Kokomi couldn't be like Fischl who can either restart or refresh her elemental skill on burst. I'm pretty bad about timing Kokomi's burst rotations to refresh her skill uptime before it's too late. Activating the burst right before 8.0s on skill CD doesn't refresh her jellyfish because the burst doesn't start until the animation ends. Losing the skill refresh doesn't matter so much if I'm using her burst for field-time, but extending her skill duration while using milleliths and having off-field hydro seems preferable to Kokomi splashing enemies with more hydro.

How does the foam damage work on shielded enemies?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Harrow posted:

:negative: lol

I'd trade it for a Jade Cutter in an instant but drat if it doesn't look nice
(I own one too)

Sanctum posted:

Activating the burst right before 8.0s on skill CD doesn't refresh her jellyfish because the burst doesn't start until the animation ends.
seriously??? this fuckin character man. Even yae has the decency to count the totems when the cutscene starts.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 22, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am actually glad I have a strong weapon for Ayato because he's just a goddamn blast to play. He's dead simple but I can't see myself getting tired of the "spam slashes and watch lots of numbers fly" style any time soon.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Harrow posted:

I am actually glad I have a strong weapon for Ayato because he's just a goddamn blast to play. He's dead simple but I can't see myself getting tired of the "spam slashes and watch lots of numbers fly" style any time soon.

He definitely looks cool doing those slashes

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Characters whose attack string is "activate burst, hold attack, watch fun animations" rule. Itto, Ayato. FTW.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I enjoyed the last stage of the Tablet Analytics event because it was basically "hey, you like Ayato and/or Itto? Have fun!"

Seeing 25k+ crits with Ayato's slashes :sickos:

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Ayato + C2 jean + your flavor of off field hydro DPS + whatever you like (or the other off field hydro DPS) = infinite blue number spam and it feels good no one can stop me. Except hydro shielders.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As a day 1 Ayato haver, I sometimes forget he exists because Hydro is such a dense and weird filled niche of "Do you want hydro attacks on enemy? brrrrrrt"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I use him a lot, his damage is really predictable so two-cycling signora part 2 with ayato/fichl/yelan/zhongli works real good. And he is just a god in musou events like tablet analytica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Aranyaka post-story:

Wow, we really send paimon off to pet some bunny rabbits while we take this dude behind the shed, huh? This was the one time I went and looked up if there was an alternate quest ending because that's kinda outside of Genshin's usual tone lmao

But yeah, if anyone wants to try completing Aranyaka blind, I'd recommend waiting until you can pick up the sumeru treasure compass so you get get the open world chests at the same time. The hints for the first page aren't too bad if you have a good memory, and the fifth page is pretty straightforward. But 3 and 4 needed a lot of brute force exploration, and I only managed one of the steps of 3 by pure chance. Like, "oh, I just so happened to have explored this area in a certain order while taking IRL breaks during certain steps" level of pure chance.

And I'm still not done with one of em!