Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm the person paying the adventurer's guild to have an adventurer bounce on a bouncy mushroom five times
I guess Aranara can hire commissions too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MoonCrab posted:

Aranyaka post-story:

Wow, we really send paimon off to pet some bunny rabbits while we take this dude behind the shed, huh? This was the one time I went and looked up if there was an alternate quest ending because that's kinda outside of Genshin's usual tone lmao

But yeah, if anyone wants to try completing Aranyaka blind, I'd recommend waiting until you can pick up the sumeru treasure compass so you get get the open world chests at the same time. The hints for the first page aren't too bad if you have a good memory, and the fifth page is pretty straightforward. But 3 and 4 needed a lot of brute force exploration, and I only managed one of the steps of 3 by pure chance. Like, "oh, I just so happened to have explored this area in a certain order while taking IRL breaks during certain steps" level of pure chance.

And I'm still not done with one of em!

I'm getting lots of having the camera take control to point directly at a rock wall and chievos for things I'm not even sure what I did. I keep getting those parchment pieces and got an achievement for getting the last one.. so maybe I'm done? I tried to follow them, but there is SO Much underground poo poo that it is just not worth trying to find my way around.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Sanctum posted:

Was clam even worth it? Kokomi does more damage and heals more with clam, but all that glitters is not gold. :geno:

How does the foam damage work on shielded enemies?

It hurts them, but does gently caress-all to their shields, iirc*. You'll still need something to break those down unless you want to spend forever running around doing healing and watching it chip away at them while you dodge icicles or lightning or whatever. A lot of the niceness of the foam is that it's an aoe, but it's still just bonus damage, you can't really just park yourself next to a jellyfish and wait for things to die.

*I don't really know off-hand if it does anything to say, a lector in their second phase, most of the time I've paid attention/seen it do stuff was to fatui, who you can hurt through their shields anyway.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I'm getting lots of having the camera take control to point directly at a rock wall and chievos for things I'm not even sure what I did. I keep getting those parchment pieces and got an achievement for getting the last one.. so maybe I'm done? I tried to follow them, but there is SO Much underground poo poo that it is just not worth trying to find my way around.

There's an annoying amount of that in Sumeru, especially while you're in the middle of fighting stuff. Also the parchment thing isn't exactly tied to the aranara quest, but you need to get through a fair bit of one of them in order to actually finish it. I'm pretty sure that all the parchment's quests are aboveground except for the very last one, which is inaccessible until you do the aranara quest to let you get under the huge robot.

Game really needs a layered map; having stuff like half the chasm or enkanomiya be separate maps works alright as a stopgap, but presumably Sumeru isn't going to be the last place with lots of underground stuff. They sorta got away with it for Inazuma because they could just mark out darker areas in the sea for underground areas, but that's not workable for aboveground.

Also, I'm running out of pins to mark cave entrances and stuff. It would be nice if they could sort that out, too.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I use Ayato a lot and he's really good. Something to note if you use trial Ayato in the event is how his AOE lets Ayato hit hovering enemies and enemies blocking with shields. Ayato's infused AOE is so generous I rarely use him with anemo because the grouping just isn't necessary. If the enemies are close enough for anemo suction then they are close enough for Ayato to hit them without the grouping.

Team #2 is my favorite

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Zenostein posted:

It hurts them, but does gently caress-all to their shields, iirc*. You'll still need something to break those down unless you want to spend forever running around doing healing and watching it chip away at them while you dodge icicles or lightning or whatever. A lot of the niceness of the foam is that it's an aoe, but it's still just bonus damage, you can't really just park yourself next to a jellyfish and wait for things to die.

*I don't really know off-hand if it does anything to say, a lector in their second phase, most of the time I've paid attention/seen it do stuff was to fatui, who you can hurt through their shields anyway.
Clam explosions are physical damage, so they don't affect Fatui shields at all.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

Was clam even worth it? Kokomi does more damage and heals more with clam, but all that glitters is not gold. :geno:

Sucks Kokomi couldn't be like Fischl who can either restart or refresh her elemental skill on burst. I'm pretty bad about timing Kokomi's burst rotations to refresh her skill uptime before it's too late. Activating the burst right before 8.0s on skill CD doesn't refresh her jellyfish because the burst doesn't start until the animation ends. Losing the skill refresh doesn't matter so much if I'm using her burst for field-time, but extending her skill duration while using milleliths and having off-field hydro seems preferable to Kokomi splashing enemies with more hydro.

How does the foam damage work on shielded enemies?

Bring up your burst and normal attack. The thing about Kokomi is all of her stuff compounds with each other. She's not a lead DPS, but she's great at restoring the rest of your team while shredding groups of enemies. Especially high defense enemies like ruin guards. She's pretty much unkillable in it.

With her skill, you usually set up combos by throwing down her skill, switching to another character to set up reaction, and then switching back to kokomi for her burst while the others are on cooldown. In freeze teams, I usually just plop down her Jelly fish after her burst to have the most on field hydro application.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Incoherence posted:

Clam explosions are physical damage, so they don't affect Fatui shields at all.

"True" damage, not physical; but also the fatui are decent enough to die even if you don't break their shields. The note was more "I don't remember if true damage actually hits abyss mages when their shield is up, and I have no idea if it'll even do anything to a second phase lector."

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
It is definitely physical. It is amplified by superconduct and does less damage to phys-resistant enemies like ruin guards.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

people ripped a clean model for Luka and it looks like he's confirmed cryo with his vision being on his hand, so I wonder if he's gonna be our first cryo catalyst and play similar to Heizou? :v:

edit: rip the people who ripped the model have confirmed he's a polearm user, oh well

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
he a polearm

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Another 4* cryo polearm from mondstat

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mix. posted:

people ripped a clean model for Luka and it looks like he's confirmed cryo with his vision being on his hand, so I wonder if he's gonna be our first cryo catalyst and play similar to Heizou? :v:

And before you get excited about Layla for 3.2, the tired student of Sumeru is a cryo swordswoman

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Where was polearm confirmed? I saw the ripped model but no weapon

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
polearm impact is real

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Another 4* cryo polearm from mondstat

There are now 2 of them

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RareAcumen posted:

There are now 2 of them

this is getting out of hand!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

this is getting out of hand!

They're gonna lose their mind when they find out how many 4* bow and catalyst characters come from Mondstadt.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's honestly almost bizarre how they refuse to give catalyst to cryo.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

gandlethorpe posted:

Where was polearm confirmed? I saw the ripped model but no weapon

when i was looking at the upscaled model they mentioned the leaker who provided it also confirmed the weapon type due to code found

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Tae posted:

It's honestly almost bizarre how they refuse to give catalyst to cryo.

The fact that there aren't already one of each weapon type-element combination by this point is baffling.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

MoonCrab posted:

Aranyaka post-story:

Wow, we really send paimon off to pet some bunny rabbits while we take this dude behind the shed, huh? This was the one time I went and looked up if there was an alternate quest ending because that's kinda outside of Genshin's usual tone lmao

But yeah, if anyone wants to try completing Aranyaka blind, I'd recommend waiting until you can pick up the sumeru treasure compass so you get get the open world chests at the same time. The hints for the first page aren't too bad if you have a good memory, and the fifth page is pretty straightforward. But 3 and 4 needed a lot of brute force exploration, and I only managed one of the steps of 3 by pure chance. Like, "oh, I just so happened to have explored this area in a certain order while taking IRL breaks during certain steps" level of pure chance.

And I'm still not done with one of em!

Your choice does matter there, yes. A Snezhnev can't betray the mission. If he runs he will die in the wasteland, alone and afraid, hounded by his unrepentant brothers and sisters.

He was kind enough to come quietly, so I let him die on his feet, fighting for the motherland.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I managed to get a decent Dendro goblet from the Dendro set.

Pretty good starting substats even (EM, ATK%, HP%, CDMG), though had kinda bad luck with their increases (unless there's a Dendro HP-scaling character coming up - all buffs except one went into HP%).

Need to test whether it increases Tighnari's damage compared with the EM goblet I was using previously. I think it probably will, even though the EM goblet had better substats; doubling the Dendro damage bonus will probably outweigh that.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Mix. posted:

edit: rip the people who ripped the model have confirmed he's a polearm user, oh well
If the second fistfighter is another dude, I will be forced to write Mihoyo a very strongly-worded letter.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I'm getting lots of having the camera take control to point directly at a rock wall

This is incredibly irritating, especially when I'm in combat and the game goes to point at something else with Paimon chiming in that there's something near by, meanwhile some Eremite is doing their best to murder me. That and the random events triggering on the surface while I'm underground.

Hopefully I can snag Venti on the upcoming banners. Cyno is cool and all, but I want to complete my Archon collection.

Kale
May 14, 2010

:staredog: O...okay....well that's the Archon Quest up to date then. Not sure if I'm going to spend my 3 days of no limited events or catching up to do to do some area exploration clearing or some hangouts yet.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Hey, super late to the party here but I'm going through the Inazuma questline and wondering whether the lightning storm is meant to be this... loving awful? I don't think I'm epileptic or anything, but it's hard to look at the screen for any length of time while I'm in that area, and the story quest is there.

Is it seriously necessary to finish the entire Tatara Tales questline to make it go away?

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021
Yeah, the constant thunderstorms on several of the Inazuma islands are awful. Tatara Tales isn't the right quest, you want Orobashi's Legacy - I recommend looking up a guide for the puzzles to get it over with as quickly as possible. Luckily, Tatarasuna is the only thunderstorm island featuring mandatary story content, although you also have to do Seirai Island if you want to ascend Raiden Shogun or Kujou Sara.

EDIT: The lightning effects of Raiden's and Yae's bursts have a similar effect on me as the thunderstorms. Having played for a year, it has only been an issue with Inazuma and Inazuma characters.

cranky corvid fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 23, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Let's say I get Shinobu on the next banner and want to build her for a hyperbloom team. She'll be the one triggering the hyperbloom reactions with her electro, so obviously you want a lot of EM on her. My question is, would you be better off with Thundering Fury or Millelith? Millelith's buff should be triggering fairly regularly and she seems like a great user for that set in general, but "+40% hyperbloom damage" from Thundering Fury seems pretty excellent, too.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

cranky corvid posted:

Yeah, the constant thunderstorms on several of the Inazuma islands are awful. Tatara Tales isn't the right quest, you want Orobashi's Legacy - I recommend looking up a guide for the puzzles to get it over with as quickly as possible. Luckily, Tatarasuna is the only thunderstorm island featuring mandatary story content, although you also have to do Seirai Island if you want to ascend Raiden Shogun or Kujou Sara.

Thank you, not only is this super helpful info but it's comforting to know it's not just me! I'll try to push through a bit at a time...

e: Yeesh, even the character abilities? It's such a bizarre decision... I know they have the disclaimer on launch, but it's been a long time since I've played a game with an effect that's this unpleasant. I've never had any issues with Keqing until now despite a similar Electro/lightning focus...

free Trapt CD fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Sep 23, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I am legit proud of this one

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Harrow posted:

Let's say I get Shinobu on the next banner and want to build her for a hyperbloom team. She'll be the one triggering the hyperbloom reactions with her electro, so obviously you want a lot of EM on her. My question is, would you be better off with Thundering Fury or Millelith? Millelith's buff should be triggering fairly regularly and she seems like a great user for that set in general, but "+40% hyperbloom damage" from Thundering Fury seems pretty excellent, too.

Addition: or would you want Gilded Dreams? That seems like it could be a fairly significant EM boost given how many different elements need to be on a hyperbloom team.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

4Gilded is best, 2Gilded2Wanderer is ok until you have gilded sorted out. The whole comp is built around kuki damage so even though EM scaling is pretty poor after a point it's still probably better to stack her. She doesnt need any stat besides EM, more HP is nice QoL though. The hyperbloom damage can go very high, run pictured above was doing 23k (with 4Deepwood on Collei) and taking kuki from 85->90 would increase that by like 16%, plus she had unferleveled artis and would pick up an extra 20% on top of that. So I'll test tonight but it should go above 30k. I can't imagine nilou being as good as this tbh.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

4Gilded is best, 2Gilded2Wanderer is ok until you have gilded sorted out. The whole comp is built around kuki damage so even though EM scaling is pretty poor after a point it's still probably better to stack her. She doesnt need any stat besides EM, more HP is nice QoL though. The hyperbloom damage can go stupid high, run pictured above was doing 23k (with 4Deepwood on Collei) and taking kuki from 85->90 would increase that by like 16%, plus she had unferleveled artis and would pick up an extra 20% on top of that. (I forget if DEF factors into bloom damage)

That makes sense. I was planning to run her with Ayato so the ATK boost from Millelith wouldn't be wasted either, but I'm going to be farming the GD domain for Deepwood anyway to put on Dendro MC so I might as well make use of the GD pieces I get along the way, too.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ayato is my best geared character but I found Xingqiu is just a lot better for this comp because kuki wants to hug (the enemies) and it lets you take advantage of xingqiu's aura. The two dendro characters also want to be swapped into a lot so even getting 6 seconds uninterrupted is awkward. Plus kuki can die a lot because of her -HP mechanic so the extra protection from the swords is really good. Ayato has a lot more promise with nilou but we'll see how easy it is to fit them on the same team. (definitely do try ayato tho cause why not)

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Future Ganyu player spotted. You also picked the non-cute traveler

I got Ganyu and I went from doing no damage to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f5s0UFq1Dk

My gf was watching and laughed at the phase skipping, blessed lol.

And yeah I picked the brother because I'm not into the cutesy stuff, which yeah it makes the game harder for me to swallow, but the game is so good that it overrides that.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Harrow posted:

Addition: or would you want Gilded Dreams? That seems like it could be a fairly significant EM boost given how many different elements need to be on a hyperbloom team.

She's like the best Millileth holder in the game because she can upkeep it with 100% uptime with no effort.

That said if you want her specifically for hyperbloom you actually would probably want Deepwood. I believe the reactions should benefit from the 15% dendro bonus since she's the trigger and obviously the res shred is also a big boon that will also benefit your dendro character.

Though potentially you could put Deepwood on the dendro and gilded on Shinobu if you really wanted to squeeze out the biggest hyperblooms possible.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mostly I saw a video of someone running Ayato/Shinobu/DMC/Kazuha and it looked really fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-KQkVuHVGM

But yeah I think the hyperbloom teams that use Xingqiu or Yelan seem to be more popular and probably better. Even better to have Sucrose driving from what I can see. The Ayato variation just seems fun to run.

No Wave posted:

Ayato has a lot more promise with nilou but we'll see how easy it is to fit them on the same team. (definitely do try ayato tho cause why not)

Huh, what kind of synergy will Ayato and Nilou have? Obviously she wants double hydro/double dendro (probably Collei and DMC for now) but I haven't really looked into the overall flow of how she plays so I don't know how another on-field character like Ayato fits in.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Though potentially you could put Deepwood on the dendro and gilded on Shinobu if you really wanted to squeeze out the biggest hyperblooms possible.

Yeah I was planning to put Deepwood on the dendro character since that resistance shred seems important.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Elentor posted:

And yeah I picked the brother because I'm not into the cutesy stuff, which yeah it makes the game harder for me to swallow, but the game is so good that it overrides that.

Playing an archer at all is skipping the "awkward glitchy jumping onto the dragon's head" phase (unless they fixed it sometime)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Elentor posted:

Hell yeah, congrats on the Ganyu!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Harrow posted:

Huh, what kind of synergy will Ayato and Nilou have? Obviously she wants double hydro/double dendro (probably Collei and DMC for now) but I haven't really looked into the overall flow of how she plays so I don't know how another on-field character like Ayato fits in.
The bountiful bloom reaction is just a better fit for Ayato because you don't have to get close for the reaction to go off + it's very appropriate when multihitting enemies. Nilou's application is admittedly wasted when you arent next to enemies but it remains to be seen how material that is (it's one hydro application every 2 seconds). Nahida may well have the same sized aura as Nilou in which case who knows.