Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Look forward to it being exclusive to the Madbox.

Also how many supposed GTR3 games are there now? Because Sector 3 said they were making one even though ACC is basically the modern GTR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Logitech getting in on the DD game. https://jalopnik.com/logitech-is-finally-getting-serious-about-sim-racing-wi-1849562882

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
If I'm spending $1,000 on a wheel it's not going to be a Logitech (love that G29 though), respectfully. Seems like a dope possible choice for console though.

e: here's a review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evy2okQe06w

Amp fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Sep 22, 2022

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

If I'm spending $1,000 on a wheel it's not going to be a Logitech (love that G29 though), respectfully. Seems like a dope possible choice for console though.

e: here's a review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evy2okQe06w

If the $1000 price tag included the pedals I'd be on this in a heartbeat. But they cost $350 extra.

GhostDog posted:

https://twitter.com/bell_sms/status/1572612457465618434

I'm...skeptical.

e: mildly annoyed is certainly how I reacted to his previous games

They should call their game "Project: Cars" or something like that :hmmyes:

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

https://twitter.com/bell_sms/status/1509038031818588160

Oh yeah, this is gonna suck. Also their lead designer is a YouTuber who thinks every woman in racing is sleeping their way to a ride, so this team can gently caress off imo. There's enough sims on the market now without whatever Ian Bell is overpromising this time.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
lmao it's the PRC dude. Did he actually have any dev duties at SMS or is he now going from 0 to Lead Designer?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did he not learn anything from when he tried to turn project cars into an investment scheme?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh, that’s the PRC writer? gently caress that guy

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Did he not learn anything from when he tried to turn project cars into an investment scheme?

I don’t think Ian Bell has learned anything ever.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Selling myself as a fuccboi to afford iracing content

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

GhostDog posted:

lmao it's the PRC dude. Did he actually have any dev duties at SMS or is he now going from 0 to Lead Designer?

I think the PRC guy and the SMS guy developed a brotherly bond based on doing blow, negging women, and window licking better sims.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GhostDog posted:

https://twitter.com/bell_sms/status/1572612457465618434

I'm...skeptical.

e: mildly annoyed is certainly how I reacted to his previous games

I have enjoyed his racing games, but they are not anywhere near as good as he thinks they are in his head. He is that really obnoxious sim racing dude that gatekeeps like crazy on racing sim forums, and thinks everything but his preferred racing sim is an arcade game for kids.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

I made $250 off the first game! :homebrew:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

I said come in! posted:

I made $250 off the first game! :homebrew:

I made money too, not complaining. But he almost got dicked down by the UK government.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i was throwing myself at drifting, figured it’d be no problemo. Couldn’t get it for the life of me. Which is weird considering i play rbr. That drat assetto drift e30 has semi slicks on by default lol.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

i was throwing myself at drifting, figured it’d be no problemo. Couldn’t get it for the life of me. Which is weird considering i play rbr. That drat assetto drift e30 has semi slicks on by default lol.

I have a really hard time with it also and spent a ton of time drifting in reality. It just seems like they made the friction way too low in sim, to me.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

I have a really hard time with it also and spent a ton of time drifting in reality. It just seems like they made the friction way too low in sim, to me.

If you never tried to mess with it I’d just swap out the tires, street 90s instantly made it more manageable. Throwing my head at the wall with semi slick ice skates did improve my rbr gravel sliding though lol

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
That E30 in AC is *wayward*

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
I got myself a g920 + stand + Logitech h shifter and have been really loving playing dirt rally 2.0 with it. I've been using the paddle shifters for cars with sequential shifters, but I'm wondering, are there any reasonably affordable (under $100ish) solutions for either a separate sequential shifter or a combined h shifter + seq? I saw that fanatec makes a shifter that lets you go between sequential and H which is cool, but not sure I wanna drop $260 for one. Very new to this world and wondering what my options are

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
SHH Shifter is the one parked in that position. like 115'ish shipped.

e: now that i think about it that aliexpress has h-pattern/seq thingers too. lil rougher looking i'd just compare youtube vids idk. is cheaper tho <100

Homeless Friend fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 26, 2022

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Oh perfect, that looks like exactly what I need, thank you! Even should be compatible with my stand :krad:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
You can mod the g2x shifter to be sequential with some minor stuff. I did it with hooks and hair ties, but the cleaner solution is longer screws on the housing around the boot and some coil springs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSlfsgNKR-A

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Need a new cockpit with a seat and triple monitor support.

I have a GT Omega Apex but I’d like a full setup.

And recommendations?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

The Apex can be converted to a full cockpit: https://www.gtomega.com/products/apex-rear-seat-frame

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I've done that and I'm very happy with it.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

A lot of the GT stuff is sold out or unavailable, so I started trying to find other brands. It’s not urgent so maybe I’ll wait it out.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

They make knock off omegas all over Amazon. I'm sure you can get a knockoff seat base.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
I've got some decent sim racing gear (Fanatec, Simagic) available after some recent upgrades, is this a good spot to list stuff?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

List in SA Mart and link that thread here.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

njsykora posted:

List in SA Mart and link that thread here.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

For anyone who is into the F1 series, Codemasters just created a site to analyze all of your race statistics, data, and telemetry. You can watch replays of all of your time trial laps with full telemetry and even compare them real time to your friends, or anyone on the leaderboard

Turns out they've been collecting this data at least since F1 2021, so its all there, ready to go. This is a really cool service actually

https://racenet.com/

Spaz Medicine
Feb 22, 2008

Has anyone here put caster wheels on a GT Omega Apex? It would make my life easier if I could roll this thing around and have it sit a little higher, but the wheels I can find on Amazon seem hit-or-miss and the ones sold by GT Omega are sold out.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

The Amazon wheels DO seem to be hit or miss, but are cheap enough that it might just be worth the roll of the dice on getting a good set. But then again, I had the same uncertainty and ultimately put my rig on a weirdly-rig-sized rug and drag it around with that, but if you're already on carpet I realize it's not exactly going to work too well.

Spaz Medicine
Feb 22, 2008

That's what I wound up doing. Worst case, they suck, and I just keep using what I have now. If a goon comes through with a strong recommendation, I'll just cancel and get those.

The rug is a great idea, but yeah, I'm on carpet.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
As long as they are casters with locks on you should be fine, otherwise you’ll be all over.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

Fellblade posted:

As long as they are casters with locks on you should be fine, otherwise you’ll be all over.

Budget motion rig?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Rolling away towards the wall while I'm doing a race.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tethered only by the cords to the PC

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Alright well all the GT Omega addons are out of stock, I’m not buying a full cockpit (I really want one though) so I think I’m going to buy a triple monitor arm for my desk and stick with the Apex for now. Probably start with a center 27 and 2, 24’s on the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Douchebag posted:

Alright well all the GT Omega addons are out of stock, I’m not buying a full cockpit (I really want one though) so I think I’m going to buy a triple monitor arm for my desk and stick with the Apex for now. Probably start with a center 27 and 2, 24’s on the side.

Things get goofy if you don't have 3 identically sized monitors with the same resolution and I wouldn't recommend it. That said, it'll still work probably, in some games better than others.