Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Dr. Strange, meet Mr. Hyper-inflation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

thetoughestbean posted:

I think this storyline has Strange magic himself up some money which ultimately almost destroys the world

Is that the one where he keeps casting increasingly bigger spells to fix the problems caused by the previous spell?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think it's different stories. The one that destroys the world is he thinks the only way to defeat Dormammu is bringing back his more powerful sister Umar, and then the next issue is him releasing some even worse thing like the old lady who swallowed a fly and it goes on for like six issues, eventually Eternity says "Enough of this bullshit, I'm getting rid of Earth, it's so annoying" and Strange convinces him to bring it back.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I miss every single thing about this era of comic books.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

you miss what happened yesterday?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

NorgLyle posted:

You miss the era of comic books that were published last Tuesday?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Skwirl posted:

You miss the era of comic books that were published last Tuesday?

Yeah that was in the past. Thursday is the era of the grimdark future

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Wasp’s apartment in the 80s

Wasp’s apartment in the 20s

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Man, there's deep cuts, and then there's deep cuts.

Jan's dialogue in the second panel makes me wonder, anybody else ever have dreams sometimes about living in a place where there are rooms or sections or accessory houses they never use, and feel bad about never using?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Keromaru5 posted:

Man, there's deep cuts, and then there's deep cuts.

Jan's dialogue in the second panel makes me wonder, anybody else ever have dreams sometimes about living in a place where there are rooms or sections or accessory houses they never use, and feel bad about never using?

Does it count if I have dreams about the place I live now, and I feel bad about never using places here? Because I do irl.

Anyway, X-Terminators #1: Dazzler found out her boyfriend was cheating on her and kicked him out of her home

So they decide to hit the bar to drink the pain away. Boom Boom is coming too (after a beer).

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

TwoPair posted:

Anyway, X-Terminators #1: Dazzler found out her boyfriend was cheating on her and kicked him out of her home

They apparently get into a demolition derby later.

I think Marvel may have sold me a book.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Dazzler, Jubilee and Boom Boom hanging out is pretty perfect.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Sensation Comics #21 (1943)

The Tick #11 (1992)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Keromaru5 posted:

Dreams? I just skip the middle man and feel that way about my brain directly

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Grendels Dad posted:

Dazzler, Jubilee and Boom Boom hanging out is pretty perfect.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Darthemed posted:

The Tick #11 (1992)

I remember some kind of Handbook to the Tick Universe stating that while anyone can hold a hand grenade, Hand Grenade Man looks like he might actually use it.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

I can see what Jubilee means, and of course they're both dangerously online enough to know about bimbofication.

One crappy edit later, and it's impossible to tell the difference!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Im sorry friend
Youve been beaten

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
You need to be dangerously online to know about bimbofication? :ohdear:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Im sorry friend
Youve been beaten

Can almost do you one better there.
https://twitter.com/redandblacktac/status/1572708988734607367

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I really need to read that book. I tried last night but couldn't, brain didn't want to cooperate since I caught the 'rona this week.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Im sorry friend
Youve been beaten

💯

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It just occured to me i should really link the artist
https://mobile.twitter.com/skarchomp/status/1572620908845740032?s=46&t=c0uLh2JNrBSJHZDgbk_wsQ

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Y'all are making me upset that I skipped going to the comic shop this week, but this should be waiting for me in my pull box.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Edge of Spider-Verse hasn't been super great so far, but I really dug this week's "Once Upon a Spider" Disney princess version of Spidey. The tone and art are just perfect, and I love that cute little spider sidekick!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Merry James Watson is fantastic.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It’s the book that really speaks to the core of current X-Men fandom. We’ll talk about how great Immortal X-Men and X-Men: Red are, but X-Terminators is who we really are.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Webster. Oh my God.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pretty amazing how well the Green Goblin / Maleficent amalgam works. It really looks like a classic design and not the usual forced combination.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Elfface posted:

I can see what Jubilee means, and of course they're both dangerously online enough to know about bimbofication.

One crappy edit later, and it's impossible to tell the difference!

Isn’t the de-bimbofication picture the original?

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Edge of Spider-Verse hasn't been super great so far, but I really dug this week's "Once Upon a Spider" Disney princess version of Spidey. The tone and art are just perfect, and I love that cute little spider sidekick!

Clear loophole in panel 3: she said no BeyonderS. This means she can have one.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Transformers: Armada (Dreamwave) Preview (2002)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Does Transformers often have other types of aliens

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

thetoughestbean posted:

Yeah

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Does it count if I have dreams about the place I live now, and I feel bad about never using places here? Because I do irl.

So they decide to hit the bar to drink the pain away. Boom Boom is coming too (after a beer).

I'm completely out of it on most Marvel stuff...so I take it Jubilee is no longer a vampire? And she is living on the Mutant island thing (which explains the funky apartment)?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MH Knights posted:

I'm completely out of it on most Marvel stuff...so I take it Jubilee is no longer a vampire? And she is living on the Mutant island thing (which explains the funky apartment)?

Right on both counts!

btw, on Twitter someone translated Jubilee's shirt. It says "Cat University"

thetoughestbean posted:

Humans! :v:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Sensation Comics #21 (1943)

Sinestro #18 (2016)

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

TwoPair posted:

These are my favourite type of scenes. If someone promised me the book was just this I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. I'm 60% sure I'm still reading Aaron's Avengers because that first issue had that lovely scene of Cap, Thor and Tony at the bar.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Nilbop posted:

These are my favourite type of scenes. If someone promised me the book was just this I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. I'm 60% sure I'm still reading Aaron's Avengers because that first issue had that lovely scene of Cap, Thor and Tony at the bar.

Like twenty issues later there was also a scene of the Avengers relaxing and unwinding in a pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nilbop posted:

That jacuzzi scene after War of the Realms was good too.