Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

dr_rat posted:

Warmth and humidity are relaxing and nice. I feel like people who don't like it, their brains are just rejecting the fact that good things do exist in this world. Probably cos their brains are frozen have been frozen solid, all they have left is to wait till winter finally ends them, as it does all things that stay in it's ice grasp to long.

I’m more worried about cooking than freezing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

https://twitter.com/philklotzbach/status/1573097895406227457

canadian maritimes bout to get a bit breezy

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
You could say its......UNDER PRESSURE

:v:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

never thought I’d be defending Texas on cspam, but the weather is nice for about 8-9 months of the year here. this applies to central TX only, the gulf coast is a hellish arm pit

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

mawarannahr posted:

I’m more worried about cooking than freezing

Heat is a lot more likely to cause you brain damage than cold, for starters. In fact, prophylactic hypothermia is used to prevent brain damage in cardiac arrest.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mawarannahr posted:

why do people keep moving there?:sterv:

Same reason people keep moving to texas

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

platzapS posted:

Florida would be okay if you could wear a loin cloth but Capital demands i wear pants

Jeez, I think I owe capital an apology

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

this image is breaking my brain

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

explains why my runaway cat was last seen in Lake Charles

please thread stop saying lake charles its making me feel all dizzy and horrible and im afraid if anyone says it a third time im going to end up there again.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Pryor on Fire posted:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
greenland hurricane....................................................................................................

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Pryor on Fire posted:

this is some wild poo poo

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Nova Nihil

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

biceps crimes posted:

never thought I’d be defending Texas on cspam, but the weather is nice for about 8-9 months of the year here. this applies to central TX only, the gulf coast is a hellish arm pit

Some of us get some bad seasonal depression, the lack of Sun is only one part of it. I'd love to live somewhere where the lack of Winter would make my brain not hate itself, but some of us are stuck in our frozen Northern climes.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

it's called a tropical storm, it's supposed to happen in tropical locations such as GREENland

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

You could say its......UNDER PRESSURE

:v:

dun dun dun dudu-dudu

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Bakers Cousin posted:

greenland hurricane....................................................................................................

It's gonna dump a bunch of rain on the glaciers and cause them to slide into the Atlantic even faster

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Pryor on Fire posted:

Love that projection

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
trump sharpie gate + trump buys greenland gate combo here

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Pryor on Fire posted:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Tropical system at 65N lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s a tropical system because it turns round and round, from the Ancient Greek “τρόπος”.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

it’ll be extra tropical at that point, geez

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Keep in mind that summer-onset seasonal affective disorder exists, which moving to Florida would arguably not be helpful with

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Keep in mind that summer-onset seasonal affective disorder exists, which moving to Florida would arguably not be helpful with

summer-onset seasonal affective upset seems quite in order if you’re in Florida

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

it’ll be extra tropical at that point, geez

That's what you think, nerd

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Vladimir Poutine posted:

I'd be affected by all the Summer fun I'd be having

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Just bedaubed with sunscreen, lugging beach chairs and a cooler full of beers, wearing swim trunks sunglasses a straw hat and a silky button up t shirt that has a bunch of alligators playing poker and smoking cigars on it, walking across the sand in front of a pure blue ocean, crying my eyes out

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
lmao gently caress hot weather, all temperatures over 75 are unbearable without being in water and humidity is even worse

I guess I’m owned tho since the heat-likers are optimally adapted for our coming world

e: I grew up in and currently live in new orleans so take that as either legitimizing or delegitimizing this opinion as you like

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

They don't actually like hot weather in my experience. They like to be perfectly comfortable at all times and when the power goes out and the AC with it they wilt like the rest of us. If they had only joined team cold warriors they could have just worn layers

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
imo if you grew up somewhere hot then it’s more likely that you’ll arrive at the only correct set of opinions: hot weather is charmless garbage and cold weather is to be over romanticised and considered almost magical

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Tropical highlands have the best climate.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

They don't actually like hot weather in my experience. They like to be perfectly comfortable at all times and when the power goes out and the AC with it they wilt like the rest of us. If they had only joined team cold warriors they could have just worn layers

Nah, when the AC goes on I generally go outside and enjoy the day. gently caress having to put like eight layers on to go out, then when you get to a place, you need to take all the layers off again, then you forget what pocket you put anything in because you got like fifteen, cos of all the layers and all.

Far better to just sit back and praise the sun and it's bountiful gifts it gives.

Happy Eqonix everyone! Make you're sacrifices to the harvest now or forever hold your peace!

Platystemon posted:

Tropical highlands have the best climate.

Oh yeah, Tropical highlands are great. Can't argue with that.

dr_rat has issued a correction as of 08:01 on Sep 23, 2022

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

You can buy down clothes from cumulus.equipment

Then you can wear a t-shirt and down jacket in -10Celsius and when you get back inside you have only a t-shirt.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rinsed deadward goodbyeland

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

https://twitter.com/NHC_Atlantic/status/1573256989987246080

lfg boys

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

The Caucasian skull was not designed to handle heat very well, thus in hotter regions you will find that the white man possesses a "sous vide" brain suffering from chronic derangement

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

lmao gently caress hot weather, all temperatures over 75 are unbearable without being in water and humidity is even worse
heat acclimation is a thing, though it has its limits. i enjoy being outside up to like 95, as long as the dew point is below 70. acclimation requires a couple of weeks of increasingly more time spent doing outside activities though, and I keep at my ac set at 80, as blasting arctic temps with your ac makes it impossible to acclimate. gently caress going outside when it’s above 100 and humid though, I get cabin fever and hosed up SAD brain whenever we get weeks of that weather in a row without break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I appreciate all the anti-Florida energy