Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

None of those games continue the same story with the same characters, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Absolutely, more people should play the original Witcher.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

I have played a bunch of VR both PSVR and with PC headsets and the only thing that ever made me feel sick as hell was RIGS.

I don’t know why. Any other game I can play with all the comfort poo poo turned off, but 10 minutes in RIGS and I’m ready to throw up.

gently caress RIGS, it brought my first day with PSVR1 to a pretty miserable end. Walking up ramps was iffy, then I jumped once and that was it. Barely avoided puking, had to lay down for half an hour to settle my stomach.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

Resident Evil then. I think you'd be fine picking any game without having started from 0 and then 1 onwards.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only VR game that really ruined me was Battlezone, for some reason I was never able to handle that even after a lot of experience in other games.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Resident Evil also doesn't actually do that most of the time, nor is it open world. These are terrible examples.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Jelly posted:

I know the best anyone can really do is speculate but is the PSVR2 supposed to be kinder to motion sickness prone weak loser humans like myself?

I barely used my PSVR1 at all because of that.

That is actually what the headset vibration is supposed to help with apparently. The more none visual feedback you get along with the visuals the less your brain is going to assume something is wrong and that you are poisoned. Which is what simulator/motion sickness is

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Rinkles posted:

Yes. But also, I can’t in good faith recommend that to most people.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

done

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

Why would you want to hurt them like that

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The discord link should be at the top of the OP imo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

haveblue posted:

The only VR game that really ruined me was Battlezone, for some reason I was never able to handle that even after a lot of experience in other games.

Both rigs and battle zone made me sick and I’ve played games with way more instense movement with no problems.

Wipeout, no problem, lone echo, no problem. Battle zone barf.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

The discord link should be at the top of the OP imo

i rearranged some stuff, should be easier to get to now

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

for all the physical folks itt sony direct having a fall sale on some games

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/deals/fy22/wk26/fall-savings

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Good poo poo my dude

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I love The Witcher 1 (and 2 and 3). It's super clunky but still worth playing imo. Nowadays you can slap a bunch of mods that fix some bugs and combat rebalance for a better experience.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Good OP. I forgot that Tunic hits PS5 so soon! I'm reluctant to hype it up based on how Inscryption went ITT, but discerning gamers who can withstand a little confusion without racing to google or newreply.php will be richly rewarded.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

HFW is hitting for me way harder than I expected it to. The traversal is so much better than the original exploring is actually a good time. I charged ahead on the story up until unlocking the Gaia base but I think I'm starting to be a bit under-leveled and haven't hardly bought any new toys, so now I'm finally getting to just romp around and talk to people and it's all very delightful. Kinda funny to hit the point in the story where it sets a real sense of a deadline for the world ending and then go gently caress off to learn Machine Strike and hunt raccoons, but that's what I feel like doing now, mom!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fix posted:

HFW is hitting for me way harder than I expected it to. The traversal is so much better than the original exploring is actually a good time. I charged ahead on the story up until unlocking the Gaia base but I think I'm starting to be a bit under-leveled and haven't hardly bought any new toys, so now I'm finally getting to just romp around and talk to people and it's all very delightful. Kinda funny to hit the point in the story where it sets a real sense of a deadline for the world ending and then go gently caress off to learn Machine Strike and hunt raccoons, but that's what I feel like doing now, mom!

This is how it hit for me, too. I had a great time with the game, and yeah, the traversal is simply amazing. One of those games where it's way more fun to curtail fast travel because of some of the random poo poo you'll find while walking around just makes things feel kinetic as hell. High point for me was the desert subchapter, but you can do them in any order if you're savvy. One thing I def recommend, besides having a diverse set of weapons with different elements, is going to Chainscrape and grabbing the Javelin from the boomboom ladies. That weapon, plus the partbreaker limit break skill got me through some poo poo, lemme tell you.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

This is how it hit for me, too. I had a great time with the game, and yeah, the traversal is simply amazing. One of those games where it's way more fun to curtail fast travel because of some of the random poo poo you'll find while walking around just makes things feel kinetic as hell. High point for me was the desert subchapter, but you can do them in any order if you're savvy. One thing I def recommend, besides having a diverse set of weapons with different elements, is going to Chainscrape and grabbing the Javelin from the boomboom ladies. That weapon, plus the partbreaker limit break skill got me through some poo poo, lemme tell you.

I just rolled back into Chainscrape to do board games. I'll look for it. Thanks!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

fridge corn posted:

I cant wait to play valkyrie profile next week. Good thing the ps5 has no games

The demo was horrible though

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Rinkles posted:

In 2022? You monster

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

The demo was horrible though

Profile, my friend, Profile.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

That one got delayed for like 3 months!!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ohhh,

ohhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

https://twitter.com/ValkyrieGame/status/1572913851783421952

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Profile, my friend, Profile.

Ah thank you. Don't you have to buy the new one to get profile?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Ah thank you. Don't you have to buy the new one to get profile?

It'll also be sold separately.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Anemone Hug who worked on Hardspace just voted to join IATSE

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anemone Hug who worked on Hardspace just voted to join IATSE

Wow, good for them! Can't wait to see them on TV opposite Charlie Day and Danny DeVito!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No but really that's cool news

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

It's nice timing, at least, given the game's themes.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah but it's an open world game. You gonna tell someone they need to play Watch Dogs 1 before they try 2? Or to start with the first Asssassin's Creed before touching Odyssey or Origins?
If they followed the same characters and were direct story continuations, yes... but none of those do.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

matthewmatosis lives!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl9G4voWfDQ

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Arist posted:

which is why I asked. there's so many games with sequels that do not require playing the first so I asked.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

HZD's story is really good and worth experiencing, but both games are narrative slow-burners if you will. The mid-to-late game story revelations in HZD resonate throughout both games.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I'm kicking myself for having put off the second half of Zero Dawn until early this year, everything from Sylens' introduction on captivated me in a way games rarely do.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Me watching his ds2 enemy tracking video :yeshaha:

Me watching his why is there no nword in bioshock video :yikes:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
The first Witcher game isn't as bad as people make it out to be, it's still rough but the writing and quest structure is still far above some of the poo poo we're getting today. I played through it two years ago and loved it, honestly having a harder time getting through 2 but that could be attributed to back log woes.

Also seconding what was said about being able to build up a motion sickness tolerance in VR. It's very much a YMMV kinda thing, I never had much of an issue but playing something like Sairento out the gate where you're wall running into backflips and such was problematic at first. Eventually if you keep at it almost nothing will faze you, unless you have a serious motion sickness problem in general I guess.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
First Witcher had some really good parts - the whole striga's crypt buildup and prep and then going in and doing the fight was cool. it felt very witchery.

however the gameplay is pretty rough. W3 is pretty much superior in every aspect, and you don't lose like any story context by going straight to W3. Considering W3 has like 200 hours of content its not like you gotta play Witcher 1 to get your fix. Maybe someone turned Witcher 1 and 2 into a nicely edited movie version on youtube that might be worth watching if you just love the witcher.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Shrecknet posted:

which is why I asked. there's so many games with sequels that do not require playing the first so I asked.

As someone who's ehhh on the gameplay, the story of Horizon 1 is the reason to play it. Don't skip it.