Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
MIN 34
DET 31

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
If the Vikes play like they did on Monday more like
MIN 6
DET 31

seriously the fact the Eagles only put up 24 on them is way more on Philly not capitalising than Minnesota doing anything right. If they play shell again all game without adjusting the Lions might even score more than that.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Eh it's a noon home game for Kirk, he's gonna shine bright.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

MikeCrotch posted:

Next step: gently caress Russell Wilson's wife

Sensational

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Aaron Rodgers is beyond repair for me but if he came out and publicly commented on the Favre stuff maybe I'd feel less lovely about watching him play this year, maybe

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Aaron Rodgers is beyond repair for me but if he came out and publicly commented on the Favre stuff maybe I'd feel less lovely about watching him play this year, maybe

He’s a Libertarian. He probably has a half-baked explanation for why diverting welfare money from undeserving poors to more deserving wealthy people is :actually: good.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Regarding lions chat, yeah same poo poo every year: we expect them to lose. Let's have some fun while it looks like they are doing things that work. The fact they have entertaining players who are easy to root for, and a staff that is at least passionate (despite other faults) is enough for, I think, most of us. I'm expecting some big mistakes on both the coaching and playing side, but as long as they keep trending in the right direction and reach Caldwell level of success, I'd consider that a giant improvement from how miserable being a fan of this team was under the rapey rocket scientist.

Amazing

Pro Jugs Machine
Jul 12, 2022

You mess with Kirk, and you go in the grinder.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

He’s a Libertarian. He probably has a half-baked explanation for why diverting welfare money from undeserving poors to more deserving wealthy people is :actually: good.

He specifically said he isn't a libertarian :shrug:

quote:

They're like, 'Oh yeah, libertarian, blah, blah, blah.' I'm like, 'What the f---?' And then the people on the other side canceled me. 'That's kind of trashy, he's reading Ayn Rand.' I'm like, I haven't read it! And even if I did, who gives a s---? It's a book. I can read something and not immediately have it overtake my personal ideologies. And that's the problem with society, is everything is triggering and offensive. It's wild."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33088151/the-unfiltered-year-aaron-rodgers

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

He denied reading Ayn Rand, I don't see him denying being a libertarian. Besides, lots of people don't think of their politics as being ideological, "it's just common sense", and then they spit out a bunch of undiluted *sniff* ideology.

Maybe he isn't a libertarian, but he sure talks like one, much like Joe Rogan.

Also lol at "people laughing at my dipshit opinions" is the barrier for being cancelled now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've been canceled, he said on espn.com.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Man listening to that Glover Quin interview, you just know Matt Patricia thought he was going to instantly win over that locker room by walking in and telling everyone there they sucked and needed some tough love

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MikeCrotch posted:

Man listening to that Glover Quin interview, you just know Matt Patricia thought he was going to instantly win over that locker room by walking in and telling everyone there they sucked and needed some tough love

You could tell he was so sure of his ability to be the guy, and then quickly realized he couldn't do poo poo and failed at all facets of his job.

Bob Quinn desperately trying to get former Patriots and having that fail.

Patricia having zero contacts in the league hiring complete nobodies to fail.

Credit for having Ben Johnson and Hank Fraley though. Coaches of two of the few bright spots of that time.

Pro Jugs Machine
Jul 12, 2022

forkboy84 posted:

He denied reading Ayn Rand, I don't see him denying being a libertarian. Besides, lots of people don't think of their politics as being ideological, "it's just common sense", and then they spit out a bunch of undiluted *sniff* ideology.

Maybe he isn't a libertarian, but he sure talks like one, much like Joe Rogan.

Also lol at "people laughing at my dipshit opinions" is the barrier for being cancelled now.

If you don't see him denying being a libertarian I don't know what to tell you, it's right there. This whole thing happened because he was trying to hide not getting the vaccine because he was uncomfortable with it, not because he's some political proselytizer. There are NFL quarterbacks out here giving money to Trump

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I know it isn't going to happen because of who he is but lmao if Brett Favre actually goes to jail.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

R.D. Mangles posted:

I know it isn't going to happen because of who he is but lmao if Brett Favre actually goes to jail.

He's going to get massively fined and probably probation for several years. The people who actually ran the scam will get jail time.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

He looks... fine? Obviously not going 100% but you don't do that in practice.

https://twitter.com/NicoleMenner/status/1573015747864952835

I don't think we need to worry about him rushing back because now Jenkins is healthy and Nijman has been doing a fine job at LT.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pro Jugs Machine posted:

If you don't see him denying being a libertarian I don't know what to tell you, it's right there. This whole thing happened because he was trying to hide not getting the vaccine because he was uncomfortable with it, not because he's some political proselytizer. There are NFL quarterbacks out here giving money to Trump

Lied is the word you are looking for.

He lied. Like a liar.

Pro Jugs Machine
Jul 12, 2022

SKULL.GIF posted:

He's going to get massively fined and probably probation for several years. The people who actually ran the scam will get jail time.

Yeah afaik he paid the $1.1 million back but he's still on the hook for like $200k in interest.

MJeff posted:

Lied is the word you are looking for.

He lied. Like a liar.

Rodgers lied! People died

Pro Jugs Machine fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 22, 2022

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Just imagine Kramer’ing into this thread to defend Aaron Rodgers in 2022. :lol:

:laffo:

:lmao:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Sounds like a thing Aaron Rodgers would do

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean you don’t really need to defend him as it’s not like any of this really matters all that much

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

save big money at Menar'ds

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SageRosenfels18/status/1572968847774212096

king poo poo

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:perfect:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1573078902217609217

:allears:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
to me it begs the question, why did they bother getting trubisky

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lol imagine posting this quote where the dude all but rants about cuck millenial non-redpilled snowflakes and being like "see this clears his name!"

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Sage is awesome and has been a good guest on purple podcasts.

https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/purple-daily-a-minnesota-vikin-170660/episodes/amazing-brett-favre-stories-wi-92295180

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Mitch Nation how’s our guy looked so far? I haven’t watched him play yet, looking forward to tonight

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ok, I’m dying now

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

He isn't called Sage for nothing

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1573063840245329920

https://twitter.com/LionsPR/status/1572936835508092931

Will this continue? Probably not! Who the hell knows.

But….it’s a start!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

stump collector posted:

to me it begs the question, why did they bother getting trubisky

He’s got that “want-to attitude” that football owners love.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That’s my QB!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

leave mitch alone you meanies, he's doing his best!!!!

also maybe the bears could have used george pickens, lmao

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Vikings/Lions is going to be like 45-48 and i think the Lions will win it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears are going to get absolutely destroyed by the texans and prove that the bears should have hired lovie instead of a cheap Imitation Lovie.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
trubs :smith:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

He played better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003