Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

docbeard posted:

why the gently caress would i do that

because if you don't your doing a media illiteracy and i will report you to the relevant authorities

e: read the jakarta method

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/USA_Polling/status/1572625859504373761?s=20&t=E2kt9WuNe7W_XvKHdWhBCQ

lol Abrams is going to get owned

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

losing is her brand. she's going to keep losing and make a successful career of it

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

CNN should invite her on to talk about the winner of the election.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

part of being an insufferable lib functionary is getting away with being wrong bc of acting like a smug rear end in a top hat.

just ask various dnd regulars & mods who shall not be named in this spoiler.

why? this thread is a safe space, all who post within are under my protection

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

eSports Chaebol posted:

losing is her brand. she's going to keep losing and make a successful career of it

this aligns perfectly with democratic goals

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/TheMcKenziest/s...ingawful.com%2F

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Have you heard of the High Elves, Mack?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

dang, lots of dem incumbents have been rated "toss ups" by cook:

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1572573036771147777

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao, FL-13 is charlie crist's old district, which he gave up to tilt at the desantis windmill, and now it's "likely republican"

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

Lmao

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Willa Rogers posted:

This is why yuou have to Vote

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is the opposition, right

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this is still comedy poison, in case you were wondering

6 weeks and 4 days

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i hope hershel wins so he can get that congress healthcare for his bruised brain

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

i hope hershel wins so he can get that congress healthcare for his bruised brain

got some bad news about congressional brains

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I hope hershel wins so we can see presidential debates between him and eric adams in 2028

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

hey it hasn't really been in the news much since biden shipped over a pallet of the stuff from britain back in may and the news promptly forgot about it, but there is still and serious shortage of baby formula in this country and the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022 (inshallah)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

We're somehow losing to the dumbest dumb guy ever to run for senate, would you like to give $35 to the people responsible for this campaign?

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

look, VitalSigns, I've got to be perfectly frank here

we're in panic mode. we've been fardding and shidding our pants for 8 weeks straight in georgia and we're nearly out of adult diapers. we need $35,000 by tomorrow night or our campaign office is going to fill up with human poo poo and governor kemp will shut us down. can you pitch in $45 to help?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

None more liberal.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Lord of Pie posted:

got some bad news about congressional brains

*Diane Feinstein drools and spastically does a thumbs up*

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Platystemon posted:

None more liberal.
what's that? make more baby formula? but, have you seen all those brown people getting baby formula for their kids? priorities, man

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

weird that nobody takes fact checkers seriously

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/wsbgnl/status/1573142289542946816

No one could have seen this coming.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

loving everyone in Oklahoma hates Stitt and they will loudly talk about how much they hate him and how he has made their lives materially worse and they will all line up to reelect him in a landslide anyway.

just like how they all loving hated Mary Fallin, she had one of the lowest approval rates and highest disapproval rates of any governor in the country at the time, and they still gave her hand-picked successor a piss-easy victory lap of an election.

this is largely because the Dems have, after having had absolute control over state-level Oklahoma politics as a de facto one-party state for like a hundred loving years (into the 21st century!), just totally given up on it and conceded it to the Republicans. in most of the state they don't even loving run candidates anymore, and in the places where they do, it's consistently either Republican-lites or the most bland, boring empty suits they can dredge up, and either way they never seriously challenge the Republicans on anything or offer the voters any meaningful difference from the poo poo they've already got. the state GOP walks all over them.

a couple elections ago a communist hippie ran for state Senate on the Libertarian Party ticket as a joke, did no campaigning, spent no money, didn't even submit a photo, and had a platform that consisted entirely of the words 'legalize LSD' and nothing else, and got almost 40% of the vote because the Dems didn't even bother to run anyone at all against the extremely unpopular incumbent in that district

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

ex post facho posted:

dawn crew ARISE!!

https://finance-yahoo-com.cdn.amppr...-185022326.html

:shuckyes:

lmao this country is so God drat stupid

That's just doublethink

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Mister Bates posted:

a couple elections ago a communist hippie ran for state Senate on the Libertarian Party ticket as a joke, did no campaigning, spent no money, didn't even submit a photo, and had a platform that consisted entirely of the words 'legalize LSD' and nothing else, and got almost 40% of the vote because the Dems didn't even bother to run anyone at all against the extremely unpopular incumbent in that district

holy gently caress i want to do this in alabama or georgia

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Mister Bates posted:

loving everyone in Oklahoma hates Stitt and they will loudly talk about how much they hate him and how he has made their lives materially worse and they will all line up to reelect him in a landslide anyway.

just like how they all loving hated Mary Fallin, she had one of the lowest approval rates and highest disapproval rates of any governor in the country at the time, and they still gave her hand-picked successor a piss-easy victory lap of an election.

this is largely because the Dems have, after having had absolute control over state-level Oklahoma politics as a de facto one-party state for like a hundred loving years (into the 21st century!), just totally given up on it and conceded it to the Republicans. in most of the state they don't even loving run candidates anymore, and in the places where they do, it's consistently either Republican-lites or the most bland, boring empty suits they can dredge up, and either way they never seriously challenge the Republicans on anything or offer the voters any meaningful difference from the poo poo they've already got. the state GOP walks all over them.

The scary thing is that that's not just Oklahoma. You could say the same things about Kentucky or West Virginia and probably plenty of the prairie states and plains states depending on when you want to draw your line. The dems abandoned these places mostly after 2012 because they have no platform to speak of and no project to build so there's only one thing to run on which is "we aren't republicans".

Sure, Governor Brownback destroyed your state so maybe you'd like to elect someone not Governor Brownback? They promise to do absolutely nothing, including dismantling anything the guy did, but we can assure you they aren't Governor Brownback! Mitch McConnell has never done anything to help you and is instrumental in orchestrating the republican project? Maybe you could vote for Allison Lundergan Grimes or Amy McGrath, the latter of whom promises to do nothing different except caucus with the party that's kept you in poverty for two hundred years. Don't worry, we've helpfully weeded out anyone progressive promising material change for the better.

On the one hand it's criminal that being forced into a two party system where one party doesn't act in good faith leaves most of the country without any choice when it comes to voting but on the other hand I think I'd honestly prefer it to one where anyone has any illusion about the feelings of the democrats toward them. At least in these abandoned red states we know exactly what we're going to get rather than having to be perpetually disappointed by the idea that our elected officials might do something for us rather than against us. I do wonder exactly how much more the democrats could realistically contract though. There are only a few regions left that are both economically devistated and still vote blue. Michigan seems an obvious choice but there are probably a couple more I'm forgetting.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

It’s so fun y that the only way she’ll ever hold elected office again is if she goes on the second shittiest Star Trek show running right now again.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Jokes on you they're in a 4 way tie for shittiest

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Nucleic Acids posted:

It’s so fun y that the only way she’ll ever hold elected office again is if she goes on the second shittiest Star Trek show running right now again.

Imagine if on TNG the president of the United Federation of Planets was like James Carville or Tipper Gore.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

1glitch0 posted:

Imagine if on TNG the president of the United Federation of Planets was like James Carville or Tipper Gore.

Bruce Boxleitner is the president of space on The Orville.

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

What's so surprising about that? I'd vote Tron for president.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

LastInLine posted:

Mitch McConnell has never done anything to help you and is instrumental in orchestrating the republican project? Maybe you could vote for Allison Lundergan Grimes or Amy McGrath, the latter of whom promises to do nothing different except caucus with the party that's kept you in poverty for two hundred years. Don't worry, we've helpfully weeded out anyone progressive promising material change for the better.
but what about this banger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euVkDbQz144

oh wait I've been informed this is an attack ad

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

the white hand posted:

this is the opposition, right

mods, please change my username to Miserable Georgia Update

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
lmao I'm getting fundraiser emails where they haven't even bothered filling in some of the [X] goal information. I wanna see if they'll forget to even include the name or race and just send the fully blank template eventually trying to steal my 15 or 27 bucks or whatever

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

It says end citizen's united! don't you want to get money out of politics!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Iron Crowned posted:

He's had the job before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Iron Crowned posted:

Captain Sheridan earned it