Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You can't right now. You'll be able to once the store opens and you buy enough Evo Coins or when you complete enough challenges to get enough Capital to buy them at the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Quarry I think is my least favorite map so far. It feels like one of those maps where you can get very easily locked in spawn.

Kwolok posted:

I'm dumb as gently caress and cannot for the life of me understand how to unlock the locked mechs...

Nobody can yet. There aren't enough triangle points and you can't cash buy them until tomorrow night.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
There's this one space demolition map where the Waypoint is sort of off to the side and optional. Entire teams will ignore it and just go for the objective.

I had one game where my entire team went to go defend the waypoint, but the entire attacking team just went straight to the objective and armed it.

Conversely, one time I was defending the waypoint alone and almost the entire enemy team ignored it. The rest of my team was defending the objective, and I kept 1v1ing a dude to keep him off the waypoint lol.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Welp the streamers have found the game, neither me nor my friends have had fun with it all day. Every random match is full of sweaty pre-mades spamming their twitches and just generally being cocks in general chat. Now it's just as poo poo as overwatch, but in a different flavour of anime and it took one whole day.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i've been having a lot of fun with it all day and have run into none of these issues. i wish people were being more lively in chat

"the streamers have ruined this day one" is a weird take regardless though i think

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

i've been having a lot of fun with it all day and have run into none of these issues. i wish people were being more lively in chat

"the streamers have ruined this day one" is a weird take regardless though i think

Day one was fine. Day two is filled with people being assholes and spamming twitch TV links.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Can't say I've encountered that.

Look like the build is still kind of unstable, though. Now I'm the leaver in one of my games due to the game crashing.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Nuebot posted:

Welp the streamers have found the game, neither me nor my friends have had fun with it all day. Every random match is full of sweaty pre-mades spamming their twitches and just generally being cocks in general chat. Now it's just as poo poo as overwatch, but in a different flavour of anime and it took one whole day.

calm down

Also make this the loading screen cowards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elph5mtj9j4

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 23, 2022

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

In a month from now I'm going to love and cherish my memories of these early days before anyone is aware of the concept of trickling or grouping up

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
If you play in a group you will be matched against groups fwiw. That can be why it sometimes feel extra lovely to play with your friends

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kwolok posted:

If you play in a group you will be matched against groups fwiw. That can be why it sometimes feel extra lovely to play with your friends

Even playing solo I'd say about half of my matches are blowouts in either direction, which mostly just says I'm not doing a lot to contribute to my teams' wins. That's not really unexpected though since I'm not an experienced shooter player.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Teamed up with two friends and got brutally stomped for an hour straight and then we had a leaver in our team and managed a full take and defend the rotating points win anyway. Weird night.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i've had an awful lot of matches start as a blowout against one side, get reversed in the next round, and then have a fairly close overtime

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Im having fun with it but I really wish they'd stolen Play of the Game from overwatch too, stupid potg reels were the absolute highlight of that game for me

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Flavahbeast posted:

Im having fun with it but I really wish they'd stolen Play of the Game from overwatch too, stupid potg reels were the absolute highlight of that game for me

I miss seeing torb's corpse win play of the game.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I might've missed out on the beta but man this game is p fuckin fun. Mostly been playing the zaku and man is that thing fun.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Does zaku’s smoke even do anything? You can just see the dude in it can’t you?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

kater posted:

Does zaku’s smoke even do anything? You can just see the dude in it can’t you?

You can hit F1 to see the description of your attacks and abilities.

Specifically, the Zaku smoke is basically a short invincibility ability.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Like I said, the Zaku II's a lil stinker.

That invuln only lasts a second but sometimes that's all they need to get away or no-sell a barbatos.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mountain R&D Lab is new right? It has like two variations. One where it cycles through A, B and C. And one where it's just A and B with no C and that variant can eat my rear end. There's still two whole maps I haven't seen yet and the preview images look really cool and they seem to be my kind of jam.

Runa posted:

Like I said, the Zaku II's a lil stinker.

That invuln only lasts a second but sometimes that's all they need to get away or no-sell a barbatos.

From what I understand doing anything except running away will break your invulnerability. So while it is short lived, using your other skills will make it even shorter? Or maybe I'm just bad at zaku. I just know sometimes people still die extra fast after using that smoke grenade because they keep trying to fight.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

As far as I'm aware the smoke grenade just disables all non-movement actions. It's like instant use bonk atomic soda (except you still can't reload).

I use it either as I'm dashing away (can not break line of sight immediately) or shortly after expending all my dashes so I can regen the dash meter. Also of course baiting out barbatos stuns, the barbatos is suddenly a lot less threatening once it doesn't have that, I think it's significantly slower than it used to be? Iirc in the dev diary they said they reduced its dash distance or something, I can definitely feel it when playing barbatos.

What I have not found a use for is the loving zaku grenade. Best thing seems to be throwing it at someone immediately before shooting them in the back so the little bit of damage maybe helps you 100->0 them but it doesn't contribute much.

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Sep 23, 2022

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Nuebot posted:

From what I understand doing anything except running away will break your invulnerability. So while it is short lived, using your other skills will make it even shorter? Or maybe I'm just bad at zaku. I just know sometimes people still die extra fast after using that smoke grenade because they keep trying to fight.

I haven't played Zaku since release, since someone else always slampicks it immediately, but I'm pretty sure that in the beta you couldn't use your weapons or other skills at all when the smoke is active.

The issue is that smoke grenade only lasts literally a single second at most, too short to be of any real use in combat. It can buy you an opportunity to get through a doorway or around a corner when you're seriously outmatched, but that's about it. It's 100% an escape tool and nothing else.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's really funny how Methuss's healing tether doesn't matter at all, until it does

Similarly the long range pickup is completely useless, until the other team decides they don't care about finishing anyone off, then you're invaluable

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Similarly the long range pickup is completely useless, until the other team decides they don't care about finishing anyone off, then you're invaluable

Even before that it forces them to either kill you immediately or immediately expend their ammo on the downed bodies, which is bullets in their clip they don't get to shoot at anyone useful. Zaku and sazabi especially it really hurts to get the extra reload forced.

I wanna unlock the mahiroo it looks fun

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ninjewtsu posted:

Even before that it forces them to either kill you immediately or immediately expend their ammo on the downed bodies, which is bullets in their clip they don't get to shoot at anyone useful. Zaku and sazabi especially it really hurts to get the extra reload forced.

I wanna unlock the mahiroo it looks fun

I'm grabbing Unicorn first with my blue bucks (lot of currencies in this one lmao) but Mahiroo looks like a fun time too

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Can't play this on Deck bc they didn't include the EAC proton flags in the build :qq:

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Zaku 2 is basically Tracer from OW in that you roll in to point blank range, mag dump into someone's head, and then either continue the assault or hammer E and disengage to grab a health kit somewhere.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

As far as I'm aware the smoke grenade just disables all non-movement actions. It's like instant use bonk atomic soda (except you still can't reload).

I use it either as I'm dashing away (can not break line of sight immediately) or shortly after expending all my dashes so I can regen the dash meter. Also of course baiting out barbatos stuns, the barbatos is suddenly a lot less threatening once it doesn't have that, I think it's significantly slower than it used to be? Iirc in the dev diary they said they reduced its dash distance or something, I can definitely feel it when playing barbatos.

What I have not found a use for is the loving zaku grenade. Best thing seems to be throwing it at someone immediately before shooting them in the back so the little bit of damage maybe helps you 100->0 them but it doesn't contribute much.

Doesn't the grenade stun now? I had to use Zaku for a daily a little while ago and I constantly forgot I even had the smoke grenade (Which, on reflection, would explain why I never realized it disabled your actions) but I threw the hand grenade at everyone, it was great for bonking Barbatos just long enough for me to get in and blast him in the soft vulnerable underside.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Unicorn will probably be OP as hell but Mahiroo sounds like capital-F Fun to play so I'm definitely unlocking it first or just saving my bluecash for whenever they finally add a G-Gundam rep.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Doesn't the grenade stun now? I had to use Zaku for a daily a little while ago and I constantly forgot I even had the smoke grenade (Which, on reflection, would explain why I never realized it disabled your actions) but I threw the hand grenade at everyone, it was great for bonking Barbatos just long enough for me to get in and blast him in the soft vulnerable underside.

it seems to be a micro-stun that i can't find any real use for. theoretically good for interrupting a channeled ability or something but there isn't very many/any of those? the disorientation of the micro-knockback seems to be more impactful, and that is not very much

i have yet to throw the grenade at anyone and find it to have done anything that just shooting them wouldn't have. the smoke grenade, meanwhile, should be used any time someone looks at your paper mache body

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
iirc, it forces units that have their shields out to drop their shields and have it go on cooldown

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How does the game decide who were the MVPs? It keeps putting people up who got less in their stat than other people lol

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

after having my shield dropped when getting stunned while playing sazabi i tried testing that out, but if it makes them drop their shield either i'm completely missing what i think are hits or they can just put their shield back up after the .1 second stun ends. i don't believe it depletes a shield to 0 hp or anything

maybe against rx-78's shield? i feel like i've tried that but may need to be on the watch for it

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
How do you all think the meta's gonna shape up? Hard to say without everyone having access to all of the suits currently but I'm wondering just how annoying a full shield/heal team can be.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RBA Starblade posted:

How does the game decide who were the MVPs? It keeps putting people up who got less in their stat than other people lol

I think KDA is a big part of it.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Diephoon posted:

How do you all think the meta's gonna shape up? Hard to say without everyone having access to all of the suits currently but I'm wondering just how annoying a full shield/heal team can be.

Much less annoying than OW because there are abilities that force shields to immediately go on cooldown (or ignore shields altogether), shields have relatively little health, and every map has multiple paths around chokepoints that every suit can access.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Diephoon posted:

GM Sniper, Barbatos, Sazabi, Other, Other, Other

Remains to be seen how well the new chars work out though

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

it seems to be a micro-stun that i can't find any real use for. theoretically good for interrupting a channeled ability or something but there isn't very many/any of those? the disorientation of the micro-knockback seems to be more impactful, and that is not very much

i have yet to throw the grenade at anyone and find it to have done anything that just shooting them wouldn't have. the smoke grenade, meanwhile, should be used any time someone looks at your paper mache body

I always treated it as more of an interrupt rather than an actual stun. So if barbatos, for example, is doing his big leap attack; catching him with it will just leave a confused barbatos wondering why you aren't stunned right now. Usually that's enough time to dash in and gut 'em before they do it again. I think it can also interrupt ultimates? I really should use zaku more to get a hang of it, but his low HP is a real bummer.

Diephoon posted:

My predictions for meta comps:
Methuss or Unicorn
GM or Sazabi
Barbatos or Exia
Pale Rider
Sniper
Literally anyone else.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RBA Starblade posted:

GM Sniper, Barbatos, Sazabi, Other, Other, Other

Remains to be seen how well the new chars work out though

Agree. Console meta will probably be different as Sniper and Barbatos aren't as oppressive on those platforms. (lack of precision with Sniper, lack of turn speed on Barbatos).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
As of right now I think that the Dom is a must pick on almost every map, it's a great suit and its ability to give the barbatos that little bit more health means that barb can get its pick and survive the process.

The guntank I have no idea, it really depends on how tightly groups are expected to fight in team fights. If there's tight grouping then the GT can do absolutely loving absurd amounts of damage with its primary and it can mitigate just as much damage with its front charge if you're in the middle of a fight and you're trying to cycle your Sazabi. If things are going to be light skirmishes where it's one or two suits next to each other then it's not going to be too useful because its single target damage is pretty terrible.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 23, 2022