Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I'm still annoyed we never got an Underworlds warband of mixed humans, dwarves and elves. A dungeoneering adventuring party is a total gimme!

Especially with the Soulbound rpg to cross promote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Mordheim-y witch hunters + steampunk conquistadors sounds pretty good to me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

There was a Hammer and Bolter episode with the new Freeguild in it. They were a little more Spanish Empire than HRE, very Conquistador with more than a bit of Mordheim-y grimness mixed in

Edit:

They also had a Wild Wild West steampunk spider walker

It's a Cogfort whose art first showed up in the Soulbound RPG. Though Cogforts have been in the lore since the start.

Speaking of which a new book for that is coming out in a few days
https://cubicle7games.com/soulbound-blackened-earth-coming-tuesday-20th-september/

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/18/sunday-preview-mortal-realms-magic-and-space-marines-made-to-order/

Next weekend is battle tome pre-order time for the Disciples of Tzeentch.
Including a Vanguard box including, you guessed it, even more Tzaangors!

As for what to expect next week:

quote:

We’ll have some BIG news for the Mortal Realms

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 18, 2022

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's a Cogfort whose art first showed up in the Soulbound RPG. Though Cogforts have been in the lore since the start.

If they got rid of steam tanks and replaced them with these I think that would bea good trade

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I haven't even finished my Gravelords army yet, but the call of Tzeentch is strong. Good thing I don't have any money to buy more models right now.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Lumineth book pushed back past the end of Summer, GW lies!

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Dreylad posted:

Lumineth book pushed back past the end of Summer, GW lies!

Given we're solidly into September, when is the "end of summer?"

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Doesn't it end with the equinox of September 22nd or 23rd in the northern hemisphere?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Turns out the big news was... another gargant model.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/20/prepare-to-pulverise-your-prey-with-the-beast-smasher-mega-gargant/

Which is probably the multikit that King Brodd comes with.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Turns out the big news was... another gargant model.

...he looks like a kitbash of all the other gargants.

The back horns are from the Warstomper and the belt and right hand is from the Gatebreaker. The head and the club is new, I guess :effort:

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
All the mega gargants are made from one kit right? I guess You can only add so many extra pieces to the box.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Talas posted:

Doesn't it end with the equinox of September 22nd or 23rd in the northern hemisphere?

Astrological summer does, Meteorological and Financial summer typically end on Aug 31st.

Problem with arbitrary seasonal markers is people are going to make their own to represent different things.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

While I welcome new Mega-gargants, that one is pretty lazy lol. They really needed some new legs / bellies so it's easier to disguise that they're all standing in exactly the same pose.

Also jesus, between that and Brodd you're only gonna be using like 25% of each Mega-gargant kit. There's no way they don't hike the price after adding these either, so you're probably spending $200 per now even with an MSRP discount.

They really should have just made Brodd / Beastsmasher an entirely new dual kit with a different pose. The interchangeable chassis thing works for Knights because they're factory-built robots and you can do some clever reposing around their mechanical joints, but neither of those are true for gargants.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 20, 2022

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

My ogors are all winter themed so I would need a giant with more clothes. I just had a 3d resin printer delivered yesterday, and it is phenomenal. So maybe I can print a giant with a parka.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Giants canonically drink to excess so they don't feel the cold, so you are good to go.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Im fine with new giants but its baffling that they dont seem to be in a hurry to replace the dumpy hank hill rear end Mancrushers

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The old mancrushers are basically unchanged WHF giants and I dont think they look as bad as you say. That said, if they were reworked to be built more like Armigers, with ranged and/or melee options, I wouldn't miss them too much.

There's definitely models that need updates more than they do - Skyre Acolytes/poison wind globadiers are still not in plastic and are insanely difficult to get iirc.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The problem with acolytes is they’re sold in singles and are not singles.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

For those of you that are old enough to remember "Mighty Empires", the hex based grand strategy style game to help link your warhammer campaign games together I can report that Hexton Hills 3d files are really, really neat and allow you to do the same thing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gravenguild/hexton-hills-tabletop-campaign-map-tiles

Here are my first few printed out:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Rad.
I got my brother to print out two a while back that I wanted to use for a holographic table for 40k. But the prints were not great because he had forgotten to tweak the settings for it.
So instead I just bought a pair later on for the same purposes because the printed ones were a pain to clean up.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
finally got to play an actual 3.0 game and the whole galletian veterans/bounty hunters thing just feels like this weird unnecessary subsystem that pushes battleline infantry past being a tax and into an outright liability.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

IncredibleIgloo posted:

For those of you that are old enough to remember "Mighty Empires", the hex based grand strategy style game to help link your warhammer campaign games together I can report that Hexton Hills 3d files are really, really neat and allow you to do the same thing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gravenguild/hexton-hills-tabletop-campaign-map-tiles

This is sick. Have they said anything about doing sci-fi ones?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

S.J. posted:

This is sick. Have they said anything about doing sci-fi ones?

Unfortunately nothing Sci fi themed announced, but I will check out their mmf page. They have about 130 different tiles. Some could be used for Sci fi.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Oh I didn't realize each item in their store was an entire set, wow. Nevermind, this is even better than I expected.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Saw this on twitter, I think this is the same set?

This is nuts. Very jealous.

https://twitter.com/Adam_Clark_/status/1572883524029648897

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I think it is the same set, yes, but it also looks like the player has some other items either outside the set or left over from Mighty Empires, such as some of the scrolls, banners, and other various add on bits.

The fun thing about the set is that with 3D printing you can adjust the scale so if you want to do a smaller scale map, like 6 tiles by 6 tiles square you can make the tiles larger very easily.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Der Waffle Mous posted:

finally got to play an actual 3.0 game and the whole galletian veterans/bounty hunters thing just feels like this weird unnecessary subsystem that pushes battleline infantry past being a tax and into an outright liability.

Yeah it's a bit weird. The survivability of anvil units vs the killing power of hammers was already skewed in favour of hammers, but right now it's basically impossible for battleline units to survive.

The idea is fine - making battleline extremely good at capturing objectives via Expert Conquerors, but with the drawback of making them suspect to getting hit by Bounty Hunters is cool. But the damage bonus from Bounty Hunters is just way too big. It increases the damage output of hammer units that can fit into BH either 100% or 50%.

However that will be going away with the next battlepack.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I got 10 Witch Elves, 5 Khinerai, 5 Warlocks and the Cauldron of Blood (without the Medusa); would the Arena of Shades box (the DoK half) be a good addition to complete a DoK army?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well more witch elves and khinerai are always good but the Warlocks are such a niche unit you would probably never run the additional 5.

Maybe the Warcry box would serve better? It's 10 witches and 5 melusai. The Melusai arches are the best non character unit in the army. I would go on ebay and see if you could get the Medusa by itself. It's a great caster and probably your best if you're not running Morathi.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

To be fair, that isn't a 3.0 thing, it's one of the even more temporary "seasonal" thing. I think that stuff is more based in the GHB than in the core rulebook. They printed I think twice a year, so Galletian Veterans are something that might be gone before you know it.

Then again, I've got maybe a dozen AoS games in me, so the gently caress do I know.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Goonhammer has their Tzeentch preview up

https://www.goonhammer.com/battletome-disciples-of-tzeentch-2022-the-goonhammer-review/

super weird how they completely binned most of the Arcane Cataclysm changes but whatever, it all looks good to me

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/25/sunday-preview-amazons-on-the-pitch-and-a-return-to-the-cursed-city

Cursed City, and its first expansion, is finally hitting the stores for real realsies this time. And the Warcry core book is going up for pre-order.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The new edition is loving great, I got in a bunch of games this past week. If you are interested but didn’t want Heart if Ghur itself fir whatever reason, it’s definitely worth pick8ngnup next week.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/26/dive-right-into-the-war-for-gnarlwoods-warrens-in-the-new-warhammer-underworlds

New season of Underworlds mean new starting box.

This time seeing Gnarlspirit Pack...

...versus the Sons of Velmorn.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Those skellingtons are definitely in the “buy models for a game I don’t play just to paint” category of good.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

yeah, those skellies are fantastic

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

drat, the Underworlds model designers keep knocking it out of the park.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Anno posted:

Those skellingtons are definitely in the “buy models for a game I don’t play just to paint” category of good.

extremely same, probably the most incredible skeletons they've ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Literally the only problem with them is min size for Grave Guard is 10 so you have to use five of the lovely sculpts still.