Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

today I discovered that the Nomai are flushing toilets to launch stuff into space, and I think this is how Buenos Aires got blowed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKkSKInQ43w&t=7s

are you talking about the probe cannon orbiting giants deep? cause that's not quite what's going on there, if you go to the tower of quantum knowledge on brittle hollow, they explain why they do it there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bop bop perano posted:

the tower of quantum knowledge

the note on my phone with all the details of the local takeaways

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm downloading stellaris god help me

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's an AU copy on an AU account, yea

One thing I'll note is that it's possible if you have PS+ Extra or Deluxe it'll be screwy because the GoT DC should be included with this plan on both PS4 and PS5 (and this might be a more cost-effective option for you).

I THINK you have to do a two-step purchase, at least I did in Canada.

Step 1: Buy the "Director's Cut Upgrade" (I preordered this).
Step 2: From here I believe you'll have access to the cheaper upgrade option. Given that it sounds like you're upgrading from a disc copy, it's possible you'll need to do this from the game's main menu with the DLC downloaded and installed, I know from specifically playing the PS4 version on my PS5 that the main menu yells at you with a link to upgrade to the PS5 version. Venturing a guess, I suspect this link is hidden and only shows on the main menu if you own the Director's Cut Upgrade.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

univbee posted:

One thing I'll note is that it's possible if you have PS+ Extra or Deluxe it'll be screwy because the GoT DC should be included with this plan on both PS4 and PS5 (and this might be a more cost-effective option for you).

I THINK you have to do a two-step purchase, at least I did in Canada.

Step 1: Buy the "Director's Cut Upgrade" (I preordered this).
Step 2: From here I believe you'll have access to the cheaper upgrade option. Given that it sounds like you're upgrading from a disc copy, it's possible you'll need to do this from the game's main menu with the DLC downloaded and installed, I know from specifically playing the PS4 version on my PS5 that the main menu yells at you with a link to upgrade to the PS5 version. Venturing a guess, I suspect this link is hidden and only shows on the main menu if you own the Director's Cut Upgrade.

Oh, if I go to the web store I can see the PS4 DC Upgrade DLC. I can't see that at all on the PS5. Okay yeah, I imagine buying that will make the PS5 upgrade item show up or something. I'll watch for a price drop on that then. Christ what a mess.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Christ what a mess.

Yeah it's really screwy, it's one of the only games that has the combination of being disc-upgradeable but also needing a paid DLC, so it's a whole to-do. Actually surprised they didn't make an all-in-one DLC+upgrade pack to streamline things.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

univbee posted:

Actually surprised they didn't make an all-in-one DLC+upgrade pack to streamline things.

The description in the store items suggest there is, but well, yeah..

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

fridge corn posted:

I’m curious if the controls are any good. Played on PC but can’t imagine doing that poo poo with a controller

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Really really enjoying TLOU Part 2 compared to TLOU Part 1, at least in the general combat and everything. You can be so much more crafty about combat and picking dudes off, it's so satisfying. I almost have to anyway since I'm constantly desperately low on bullets

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah TLOU 1 holds up great for the most part, but playing it again after TLOU 2 I kept thinking about how much better the combat encounters are in 2. Especially against humans. There's quite a few parts in TLOU 1 where I got bored of an encounter and there was still 20 more guys to kill. TLOU 2 spreads it all out better and gives you much more interesting playgrounds to tackle them in.

E: I think most of the zombie encounters in TLOU 1 were really well designed though (although those are also better in 2)

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 23, 2022

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fridge corn posted:

mark sony needs to release the ps5 games asap look at this poor lad

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

SilkyP posted:

I’m curious if the controls are any good. Played on PC but can’t imagine doing that poo poo with a controller

Well having never played it on pc I don't really know what I'm missing but navigating menus is a bit cumbersome until the muscle memory of knowing exactly what button combinations to get to the exact screen you want builds up, a bit like civ6. Its serviceable for casual play but trying to play optimally on the highest difficulty would probably be frustrating.

I'm new to the game tho so I dont even know what screens I want to be looking at let alone know how to quickly navigate myself to them. :D

Playing through the tutorial atm, seems cool so far

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Is Saints Row fixed yet? Got it from Gamefly but I've been sitting on it until they dealt with how buggy it released.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm glad 2 Last 2 Us gave us a few chances to set up fights between zombies and enemy humans, but I'm also glad it's not that often because it's not very deep or tense gameplay. You just start a bunch of chaos and sneak towards the exit with a much lower chance of detection than normal

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

SilkyP posted:

It was fine, but I haven’t played on PC for decades, so I probably just don’t know how bad I have it.

My civilization never really forgave me for the hard pivot from pacifism.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

fridge corn posted:

Definitely let me know what you think. I’ve been craving console strategy games of all sorts and it seems cool. Plus it’s free on plus so I might as well give it a shot.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I purchased Hardspace on Steam and played through it, once it goes on sale on PS I am definitely going to get it again. Such a cool game, you feel like such a badass after going from this huge hulk of a ship to basically its skeleton and not detonating hidden canisters or frozen canisters or loving up the reactor etc.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
is there any decent undetectable hack that lets me use my dualshock 4 on ps5 games????? i got a stonk on for cyberpunk and my goddamn dualsense is still fried with no replacement

also has anyone watched cyberpunk edgerunners???

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbgw_rduQpM

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vikar Jerome posted:

is there any decent undetectable hack that lets me use my dualshock 4 on ps5 games????? i got a stonk on for cyberpunk and my goddamn dualsense is still fried with no replacement

I've only seen the first ep of Edgerunners but people are really into it. Though apparently the subs on the later eps are hosed in some way. The dub is good though, it eventually has Giancarlo Esposito in it for some reason.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

yeah I started watching it and it made me buy cyberpunk lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Arist posted:

I've only seen the first ep of Edgerunners but people are really into it. Though apparently the subs on the later eps are hosed in some way. The dub is good though, it eventually has Giancarlo Esposito in it for some reason.

It looks cool! My nephews keep bugging me to watch it, and they prolly wouldn't have to twist my arm but I'm just so busy right now. The animation studio that tackled it is the hotness or whathaveyou so I guess that alone raised Cyberpunk's profile by a steady chunk in the last few weeks.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Play the PS4 version of Cuberpunk on your PS5, with your DS4. It'll work just fine since it's been patched quite a bit.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Vikar Jerome posted:

I think remote play works?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Play the PS4 version of Cuberpunk on your PS5, with your DS4. It'll work just fine since it's been patched quite a bit.

I'd rather die, choom

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Fix posted:

Oh gently caress

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

Definitely let me know what you think. I’ve been craving console strategy games of all sorts and it seems cool. Plus it’s free on plus so I might as well give it a shot.

It's interesting. Just been playing the tutorial so far. It's very slow, but perhaps not a bad thing

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

I've watched the first episode. It's got anime tiddies but I'm struggling to care about anything else about it. The animation is cool I guess

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Arist posted:

I've noticed that the white subtitles are occasionally displayed against a white background making them impossible to read if that's what they're on about

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nah, they're apparently badly edited in the sense that they're garbled or wrong in some way

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

It looks cool! My nephews keep bugging me to watch it, and they prolly wouldn't have to twist my arm but I'm just so busy right now. The animation studio that tackled it is the hotness or whathaveyou so I guess that alone raised Cyberpunk's profile by a steady chunk in the last few weeks.

It's the same studio that did kill la kill, the show that made me stop watching anime altogether, I think

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

fridge corn posted:

It's the same studio that did kill la kill, the show that made me stop watching anime altogether, I think

Kill la Kill is very bad but they also did SSSS.Gridman, which loving whips. Probably one of my favorite shows ever.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Fix posted:

it works lmao. i had to bluetooth the dualshock 4 to my phone and plug the phone into the ps5 usb so it doesnt kill the battery and then mute the sound and phone sceen but im now playing ps5 games on the big screen with a dualshock 4. good show sony.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Arist posted:

Kill la Kill is very bad but they also did SSSS.Gridman, which loving whips. Probably one of my favorite shows ever.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

it works lmao. i had to bluetooth the dualshock 4 to my phone and plug the phone into the ps5 usb so it doesnt kill the battery and then mute the sound and phone sceen but im now playing ps5 games on the big screen with a dualshock 4. good show sony.

the things we do for vidja

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vikar Jerome posted:

I really want to! It sounds great. There's just much tv/media/games/everything. I heard it described as extremely 90s in a super violent/sexual way and hell yeahhhhh brother let's DO it. 2077 in general hit that sort of vibe in a way I really appreciated. Game rules.

fridge corn posted:

It's interesting. Just been playing the tutorial so far. It's very slow, but perhaps not a bad thing

Yeah I figured that. It seems like one of those games you either bounce off of within 2-3 hours or sink hundreds into. Slow burn strategy games can be a uniquely rewarding time when you really dig into 'em.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Hardspace, those giant quasar engines are hair raising as gently caress. So I’ve been tethering the engine to the back wall behind me, cutting the four fuel line connections, and then as soon as the tether yoinks the engine out I’m racing as fast as I can through the body of the nacelle to the front wall to hit the fuel cutoff switch. First few times I figured this out I was literally flying through fire to get to it. I don’t see any other way to do these. I’ve only had two blow up in my face so far. One from hitting the fuel line and engine with the cutter on accident (big boom), another that burned for too long and then seemed to crush me when it exploded with me inside it.

Does something cool happen with the little space car you fix up?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Blind Rasputin posted:

Does something cool happen with the little space car you fix up?
Nothing wild like you get to fly it around. Its essentially just how you get to the “true ending” of story mode where your character goes off to do random adventuring around frontier space, I assume to set up some big sequel

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Vikar Jerome posted:

Hell yea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

fridge corn posted:

the show that made me stop watching anime altogether

that's kinda weird op