Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
the res dogs steel has a ear on the slipcover that slides off revealing the cover above

i actually dig it, i'm down, but i dont really give a gently caress about the packaging, only if the transfer isn't poo poo

that pulp fiction one, if real, is real low effort though, i'll give you that

bit of a bummer reveal of the ear scene though if you've never seen the movie. not sure covers should have any spoilers of any movie

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

zer0spunk posted:

bit of a bummer reveal of the ear scene though if you've never seen the movie. not sure covers should have any spoilers of any movie

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
A Sixth Sense UHD where it just says "he's a ghoooooost" on the front.

Also give us a Sixth Sense UHD, M Night. Signs too!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I'm pretty sure that one has been spoiled by cultural osmosis since at least Spaceballs.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Well it was predictable but I totally buckled and bought The Fog steelbook. It's pretty cool looking, some of the stuff on the front is reflective.

I can probably grab one more of the October spooky releases, just not 100% sure what it'll be. I think I've narrowed it down to Army of Darkness, Fright Night, or Scream 2.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I got The Fog Steelbook via Amazon. Not my preferred method but you do what you must.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I suppose I just realized that The Fog is actually a really important movie to me, I've watched it every single year around Halloween for like 15 years since I discovered it in college. And it's a very fond memory I have that's connected to the movie, me and my college roommate signed up for a Blockbuster card one Halloween just so we could rent some horror movies and of course we knew Carpenter but had never seen The Fog. It was a great night and one of my best memories of dorm life.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I didn’t see The Fog for the first time until a few years ago. I guess it didn’t sound really Carpenter-esque so I just skipped it. Then I bought the original Shout! Steelbook on a whim and loved it. Really happy I was able to get the UHD steelbook.

I have the Scream 2 UHD steelbook in order. Probably will grab Bram Stoker’s Dracula when it comes out. I really want Severin’s The Changeling, and Second Sight’s The Mummy (Hammer).

Diabolik has an Arrow sale going on that I’m tempted to grab 2-3 things from.

Edit: Probably getting The Seven Percent Solution from 88 Films, but that’s not really a spooky season movie.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 22, 2022

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Psycho Sisters was very relevant to my interests! Think I’m gonna have to dive deeper in to the WAVE stuff, ASAP.

Don’t forget weirdos, the VS flash pre-order begins tonight at midnight EST, NOT tomorrow afternoon. I’m looking forward to it!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

PinkoBastard posted:

Psycho Sisters was very relevant to my interests! Think I’m gonna have to dive deeper in to the WAVE stuff, ASAP.

Don’t forget weirdos, the VS flash pre-order begins tonight at midnight EST, NOT tomorrow afternoon. I’m looking forward to it!

Woop woop!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I forgot that Shout! has Return of the Living Dead coming to UHD next month. Friggin’ Spooky Season trying to extract all my disposable cash.

Edit: “I can quit anytime I want!” I loudly declare while the boutique Blu-ray labels use me like a piñata.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 22, 2022

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

PinkoBastard posted:

We're in Daylight time, not Standard, until November 6; it should be "midnight EDT" :eng101:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

PinkoBastard posted:

so 9pm PST... at least VS knows when to schedule things on/around a payday.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kino Lorber is also running its Shocktober sale. Unfortunately their site kind of sucks so you can’t run any filters on the sale. So you have to go through the whole list to see if there’s anything you want.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Rawhead Rex steelbook for seven bucks, I mean I guess I don't really have a choice.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Trying not to buy anything until I square away VS first.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

VS doesn’t have anything I desperately want right now. I think I’ll leave the Kino sale alone too. Tempted to grab Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, Django, and maybe Sleeping Dogs from the Diabolik sale. We’ll see.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vinegar Syndrome Black Friday flash preorder is live

4K Road House
Home Grown Horrors Volume 2 (Moonstalker, Dead Girls, Hanging Heart)
The Invisible Maniac
Burning Paradise

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
lol preordered Road House

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hell yeah more Yuen Biao

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Definitely want the invisible maniac and burning paradise, but I can wait for them to get separated.

wonder what those mystery ones will be though, kinda tempted to just pull the trigger.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Anyone seen Red Sun Rising? I’m tempted by that supporting cast alone.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I'm really hoping the "crazy debut film from a director who clearly loved the Slasher and Giallo genres" secret release is Stagefright.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

that's what has me itching to pre-order. I saw someone mention Caligula as the first mystery. That could be interesting.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Looks like Severin already released it this year. Unless this is a 4K cut and the Severin one was rushed out while they still had the rights.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
The label that put out that two disc Warriors blu-ray (Imprint I think) is releasing it again without all the dumb bullshit if you wanted the movie but didn't 70 dollars want the movie.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Is that the steel book I just saw go up a couple days ago? If I can get a cut of the movie without the comic book page transitions I’d rebuy that.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Looks like Severin already released it this year. Unless this is a 4K cut and the Severin one was rushed out while they still had the rights.

They didn’t - it’s kind of confusing, because they put out two other Caligula films, but not THE Caligula (1979) which based on that hint…. I can’t really think of anything else that release could be??

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I’m surprised that Road House didn’t get a more mainstream label release. I guess I’m getting my first VS title.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Boywhiz88 posted:

I’m surprised that Road House didn’t get a more mainstream label release. I guess I’m getting my first VS title.

You've been posting in this thread, how long?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure I don't own any VS releases. It's possible I'm forgetting something but I don't think so. I should buy Tammy and the T-Rex at some point I guess.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's not about when you get in on the Vinegar Syndrome fun, just that you do :sickos:

dorium posted:

Is that the steel book I just saw go up a couple days ago? If I can get a cut of the movie without the comic book page transitions I’d rebuy that.

Don't know if it's steelbook but it has the original version in addition to the director's cut https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/the-warriors-standard-edition-imprint-blu-ray-all-region-preorder/ I think it's going to be a long, long, long time before the original version is sold again by itself with extras, if you're interested in it you'll have to get it and just not select/play the director's cut version

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

Chris James 2 posted:

It's not about when you get in on the Vinegar Syndrome fun, just that you do :sickos:

Don't know if it's steelbook but it has the original version in addition to the director's cut https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/the-warriors-standard-edition-imprint-blu-ray-all-region-preorder/ I think it's going to be a long, long, long time before the original version is sold again by itself with extras, if you're interested in it you'll have to get it and just not select/play the director's cut version

Oh poo poo, thanks so much for posting this. I love The Warriors and despise the director’s cut. Immediate preorder, happy to finally get this.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Chris James 2 posted:

ah yeah not the same one thought they're using the same art. the US Steelbook is just a reissue of the old Paramount release.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dorium posted:

Definitely want the invisible maniac and burning paradise, but I can wait for them to get separated.

They just updated the site and now have them available for separate/individual preorders in addition to as the full sale package. Email says it was due to popular demand

quote:

Important Flash Pre-Order update: Due to an outrageous number of email requests, we’ve decided to add options to pre-order each announced VS title individually. Note that the individual title pricing will match how these titles will be priced during the Black Friday sale. Therefore, if you want to take advantage of the discounted pricing available only during the Flash Pre-Order, the “Everything” package is still the best way to go. If you've already placed a Flash Pre-Order today and would also like to pre-order individual releases, please place the additional order normally and reach out to us via email (orders@vinsyn.com) for a shipping refund.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

sweet, just went with The Invisible Maniac because its a rent paycheck, I can wait for Burning Paradise during the BF Sale.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

dorium posted:

sweet, just went with The Invisible Maniac because its a rent paycheck, I can wait for Burning Paradise during the BF Sale.

If you were a yearly sub, you'd only have to preorder Road House :smug:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Iron Crowned posted:

If you were a yearly sub, you'd only have to preorder Road House :smug:

I know, I'm saving for next year. I really want to do a yearly sub.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

dorium posted:

I know, I'm saving for next year. I really want to do a yearly sub.

YOu only need one kidney!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

not the way ive been drinking lately :smug: