Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
As much as the mindless defiance from Sinn Féin would be funny for a few minutes, that interaction shows that Michelle O'Neill has the kind of diplomatic skill that a party who aspires to actually running Ireland needs. It's yet another reason for Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil to be worried for the next general election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Just Another Lurker posted:

Any opportunity to increase the blood pressure of DUP/TUV members must be taken when available. :colbert:
Half of them look like they're one Irish street sign away from cooking themselves into a blood pudding from internal rage as it is.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Arquinsiel posted:

As much as the mindless defiance from Sinn Féin would be funny for a few minutes, that interaction shows that Michelle O'Neill has the kind of diplomatic skill that a party who aspires to actually running Ireland needs. It's yet another reason for Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil to be worried for the next general election.

"I don't know, Sinn Fein not suicide bombing the King makes them look weak.. " - Smoothest brain take as they vote for FF FG coalition.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The people who'd be mad about that aren't going to vote for anyone else either though, they'll just stay home and be mad about it and try form yet-another-splinter-group of the IRA :shrug:

Guavanaut posted:

Half of them look like they're one Irish street sign away from cooking themselves into a blood pudding from internal rage as it is.

I can hear this image :allears:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
yeah i suppose it was the smart thing to do, he's just such a disgusting specimen that it offends me on a primal level to see anyone being deferential

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Census 2021: More from Catholic background in NI than Protestant

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-62980394

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
William Walker: DUP councillor charged with child sex offences

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-62995406

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

crispix posted:

white genocide

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

crispix posted:

Put myself down as Catholic even though i've been atheist for near 40 years, have to go with the tribe!!! :downsbravo:

Seeing some Loyalists having meltdowns is well worth it though.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
All this talk of the north is distracting from the full fury of Mumsnet descending on Fingal County Council after they noticed the person running their Twitter account had gone rogue.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Arquinsiel posted:

All this talk of the north is distracting from the full fury of Mumsnet descending on Fingal County Council after they noticed the person running their Twitter account had gone rogue.

Oh? Do tell, haven't heard this.

Its like every pedo stereotype rolled into one.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

happyhippy posted:

Oh? Do tell, haven't heard this.
Whoever was running the Twitter account decided that they were off to follow every TERF on Twitter. Someone noticed it and sent an email to the council while kicking up a fuss on Twitter. The council deactivated the library account and is "investigating" things. TERFs are outraged. JK Rowling has encouraged a pileon of Councillor Karen Power and she's had to lock her account. Hazel Chu is getting accused of racism and homophobia by random Brits, all of whom think the various UK cases that TERFs lost somehow set legal precedent for Ireland, while being in denial about the losses, and are screeching about defamation cases. It's pretty much the platonic ideal of :magical: Twitter.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
TERFs are so worried about being dogpiled online that they'll have full on meltdowns the second anyone notices how gross they've been but are also super cool with actually harassing people online and IRL. It's all projection with these fucks.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

potatoes gonna potate

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Just Another Lurker posted:

Put myself down as Catholic even though i've been atheist for near 40 years, have to go with the tribe!!! :downsbravo:

Seeing some Loyalists having meltdowns is well worth it though.

yeah afaik the question as it appears on the census and employment and school applications and the like refers to your "community background", not your beliefs, and if you answer neither community background they just look up what school you went to and choose a background for you lol

i'm a prod btw, i can't say i feel any different today, being part of an ethnic mannoridy even within the borders of NI

crispix fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 23, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Arquinsiel posted:

Whoever was running the Twitter account decided that they were off to follow every TERF on Twitter. Someone noticed it and sent an email to the council while kicking up a fuss on Twitter. The council deactivated the library account and is "investigating" things. TERFs are outraged. JK Rowling has encouraged a pileon of Councillor Karen Power and she's had to lock her account. Hazel Chu is getting accused of racism and homophobia by random Brits, all of whom think the various UK cases that TERFs lost somehow set legal precedent for Ireland, while being in denial about the losses, and are screeching about defamation cases. It's pretty much the platonic ideal of :magical: Twitter.

Lol

crispix posted:

yeah afaik the question as it appears on the census and employment and school applications and the like refers to your "community background", not your beliefs, and if you answer neither community background they just look up what school you went to and choose a background for you lol

i'm a prod btw

lmao

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Shoehead posted:

TERFs are so worried about being dogpiled online that they'll have full on meltdowns the second anyone notices how gross they've been but are also super cool with actually harassing people online and IRL. It's all projection with these fucks.
The thing is that for all their cries of being the silent majority and also being wildly outnumbered, they're one of the few little hatemobs that actually realise that they are, in fact, wildly outnumbered. For all that "the other side" is also pretty small, the vast majority of randos see TERF posting and quickly realise that they're just repackaging fascist ideas, often with help from actual fascists.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Arquinsiel posted:

The thing is that for all their cries of being the silent majority and also being wildly outnumbered, they're one of the few little hatemobs that actually realise that they are, in fact, wildly outnumbered. For all that "the other side" is also pretty small, the vast majority of randos see TERF posting and quickly realise that they're just repackaging fascist ideas, often with help from actual fascists.

Nah, there's a strong cohort of very "Man in the Pub" getting angry about language being invented and "A MAN IS A MAN ACCORDING TO BIOLOGY!" that strangely never happen to pop up when I'm in the pub, rather there's a much stronger cohort of, "Who gives a gently caress?" and "Would ye be bothered?"

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I hate to break it to you, but many of those people do not actually exist and are actually just Graham Linehan's army of alts.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I just walked by a pro-life vigil in Albert Walk in Bray, they seem to have smashed a load of fruit and poured paint over where Pizza and Cream used to be but for all intents and purposes were protesting down an alleyway???

They were NOT happy to see me

e: mentioned it to my wife and she said they were upset when she called them all losers :D

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 23, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Arquinsiel posted:

I hate to break it to you, but many of those people do not actually exist and are actually just Graham Linehan's army of alts.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Shoehead posted:

They were NOT happy to see me

Like, just because they were trying not to be discovered or because you specifically give off powerful abortion vibes?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

crispix posted:

i'm a prod btw, i can't say i feel any different today, being part of an ethnic mannoridy even within the borders of NI

Nay worries, nearly all of my nephews & nieces are the same as yourself.

Need more integrated schools, need more integrated schools, need more integrated schools,...

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

OwlFancier posted:

Like, just because they were trying not to be discovered or because you specifically give off powerful abortion vibes?

I was walking by in a luminous skeleton hoodie with a big cutoff jacket that has a very large "TÁ!" badge, so hopefully. Hopefully I give off those vibes near constantly

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

OwlFancier posted:

You should see him walk in a park, just leaving a trail of dead plants wherever he goes.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

(Meta)

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Glad to see that the BangBus got renovated.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Says a lot when even the AirBNBs are advertising monthly rates.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is the plank with a hole in it the toilet?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Is the plank with a hole in it the toilet?

I will say no, only because that would be way too small a toilet. My mates brother did one of these van conversions and the bed took pretty much all the space. So you're relying on the kindness of neighbours, a plastic bag.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was assuming the hole just goes through the bottom of the van and it's parked over a drain.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
It says it's equipped with a portable toilet so I bet that plank with a hole is that.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
If it is, then it's next to the pillows where you sleep and beg God to get rid of your sense of smell..

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
It's not the first time I saw a dublin flat on daft with the toilet next to the bed and the kitchen.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

PowerBeard posted:

If it is, then it's next to the pillows where you sleep and beg God to get rid of your sense of smell..

Running around Dublin desperately trying to get covid just to be able to sleep

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Bonanza budget. A lot of handing out money. Very little being targeted towards new initiatives from a government scale. It seems like they're putting the money in people's hands while letting the hospitals, transport, infrastructure, including civil service infrastructure, etc. make do on what was allocated to them in the past.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Mrenda posted:

Bonanza budget. A lot of handing out money. Very little being targeted towards new initiatives from a government scale. It seems like they're putting the money in people's hands while letting the hospitals, transport, infrastructure, including civil service infrastructure, etc. make do on what was allocated to them in the past.

It really is a load of bollox, they aren't even trying to fix the problems just kick the cans down the road a little bit more. I'm raging we have to deal with these cunts for three more loving years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMF8HFBg8

Needs sound