Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
update/satellite views of pakistan flooding

https://graphics.reuters.com/PAKISTAN-WEATHER/FLOODS/zgvomodervd/index.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

fiona projected to still be major hurricane above 40 north and a tropical storm when it's farther north than the tip of greenland :psyduck:

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Pryor on Fire posted:

fiona projected to still be major hurrican at 40 north and a tropical storm when it's farther north than the tip of greenland :psyduck:

i wonder if those glaciers are getting another soaking this year

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

pakistan lake

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Ministry of the Poopture

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Femur posted:

Australia is worried about the wrong yellow peril.

Piss

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

has no effect on me, let it burn

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lmao at a hurricane possibly hitting greenland

everything's fine

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Typhoon hit nome Alaska last week. Hurricane hits nova Scotia this week. Whatever. Totally normal. Most economic activity takes place indoors. No worries.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I don’t get why you’re all so worried. tropical storms happen in the arctic all the time.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Crazypoops posted:

What are you guys going to spend your four years on?

Transition and then???

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Laterite posted:

lmao at a hurricane possibly hitting greenland

everything's fine

It's normal Greenland has always been windy it's normal I said stop panicking *hyperventilates*

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Crossposting this in some threads as its pretty good

https://twitter.com/MomodouTaal/status/1572929509372104710?t=hQTAkFkDB24i7Efd16tt4Q&s=19

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e: lol wrong thread

the white hand has issued a correction as of 08:33 on Sep 23, 2022

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

King

(I hope he doesn't have a history of brutally oppressing his own people)

Reading his Wikipedia page now... Wow what a boss

Left wing revolutionary guerrilla who's been imprisoned and tortured for his struggles.

:awesome:

starkebn has issued a correction as of 08:52 on Sep 23, 2022

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Not sure who this dude is but his speech made me feel human for a bit

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

orange sky posted:

Crossposting this in some threads as its pretty good

That's tight and entirely correct

I wonder if this guy is going to get couped for the heinous crime of speaking against capital

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

antipattern posted:

That's tight and entirely correct

I wonder if this guy is going to get couped for the heinous crime of speaking against capital

what does your heart tell you?

hopefully that speech gets a bit of Greta style exposure

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
folks,

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Some dick on CNN is saying the earth is a key shareholder and we can increase profit while maintaining excellent biosphere quality, sounds pretty good

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Post your account, Mr. Presidente

loving 10/10, thanks for sharing here

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Even with pictures the scale of that disaster is difficult to wrap my head around. It's really terrible.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

they put this in the article's main text

quote:

As of Sept 18 the floods have partially or permanently damaged over 1.9 million houses, destroyed 12,718 km (7,902 miles) of roads, nearly a million livestock, and swamped millions of acres of farmland since the start of the monsoon.

and put the number of human deaths in a graph that you have to look at the axis for

loooool

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

silicone thrills posted:

Typhoon hit nome Alaska last week. Hurricane hits nova Scotia this week. Whatever. Totally normal. Most economic activity takes place indoors. No worries.

there's been a heat wave the past week, temps up to a hundred here in Arkansas, and i keep thinking about the economic activity thing when i see everyone driving with their window down, even on the freeway, presumably because their ac is busted and nobody can afford to fix it lol

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

thirty thousand samples of umbilical cord blood taken across five years and forty separate studies, and PFAs detected in every single one.

quote:

The studies identified about 35 different kinds of PFAS compounds, including some newer chemicals that industry and some regulators claim do not accumulate in the body. However, science is limited in the number of PFAS compounds it can detect in blood, so it is highly likely that many more of the chemicals passed on to fetuses.

Just keep on dumping poo poo into the atmosphere, what's the worst that could happen?

:smith:

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

kecske posted:

thirty thousand samples of umbilical cord blood taken across five years and forty separate studies, and PFAs detected in every single one.

Just keep on dumping poo poo into the atmosphere, what's the worst that could happen?

maybe they're the good kind of little-understood and barely regulated chemicals, the kind you want in your developing infant

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

kecske posted:

we can’t control pfas. how will we learn to live with it?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

At least someone is pissed. I don’t know how much that helps but I feel a little better. Like someone consoling me after a terminal cancer diagnosis.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
For more kickass Colombian eco rage against Capitalism, I recommend the documentary Colombia: Wild Magic. Beautiful cinematography interspersed with reminders that industrialists want to set it all on fire for money.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The pfas news doesn't make me feel nearly as bad as most other climate collapse news because it bolsters my confidence that the hedge fund landlord class is trapped just as I am

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Mameluke posted:

The pfas news doesn't make me feel nearly as bad as most other climate collapse news because it bolsters my confidence that the hedge fund landlord class is trapped just as I am

Worse tbh, who do you think is buying all the Patagonia jackets?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

you might find yourself
living in a shotgun shack
posting on the internet

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DesertIslandHermit posted:

At least someone is pissed. I don’t know how much that helps but I feel a little better. Like someone consoling me after a terminal cancer diagnosis.

It's called palliative or hospice care

Cup Runneth Over has issued a correction as of 19:31 on Sep 23, 2022

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Mameluke posted:

That one article recently talking about how rich people bunkering away from the apocalypse will live in hell of having to keep their security and staff happy makes me feel better. The chefs and grunts will outlive them.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Ronnie is my office copilot, Arf is my new interior decorator

I had my dad print 2 of these and I am loving framing the other one

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Crazypoops posted:

Can I keep playing my PS4 version of death stranding in the FEMA tent?

I don't want to leave this world without my Zipline network unfinished

I never plat anything but DS was easy enough to plat after 120 hours

DesertIslandHermit posted:

That one article recently talking about how rich people bunkering away from the apocalypse will live in hell of having to keep their security and staff happy makes me feel better. The chefs and grunts will outlive them.

A bunker is a pit in the ground you built walls in and covered up. Water seeks the lowest point and can seep through solid concrete given time. Sump pumps don't last forever and are subject to climate change, they are also a utility and not luxury item so lmao if you think the hedgie cares enough to think about spares because he can't show them off.

The point is they're going to be stuck in these things after being used to jetting off to random vacations on 24 hours notice if need be, and after a decade they're just going be mold infested tombs and they'll probably murder suicide their families and staff from cabin fever, mold madness, and being cut off from new treats and trafficked underage models.

skooma512 has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Sep 23, 2022

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

skooma512 posted:

A bunker is a pit in the ground you built walls in and covered up. Water seeks the lowest point and can seep through solid concrete given time. Sump pumps don't last forever and are subject to climate change, they are also a utility and not luxury item so lmao if you think the hedgie cares enough to think about spares because he can't show them off.

The point is they're going to be stuck in these things after being used to jetting off to random vacations on 24 hours notice if need be, and after a decade they're just going be mold infested tombs and they'll probably murder suicide their families and staff from cabin fever, mold madness, and being cut off from new treats and trafficked underage models.

I'd like to see an experiment where a group of people try to live for a year or two in one of those bunkers. As you say a few corners may have been cut. Congrats to whatever contractor is scamming rich fools tho.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

skooma512 posted:

my money's on NORAD

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

steve bannon learned everything he needed from biosphere 2, it'll be fiiiiiine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Based AF