Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I want Mario to offer me spaghetti, yell wahoo, and call me gay bowser that’s it if he says anything else 0/10 movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

chris pratt smells

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Ironically Mario is one of the best silent protagonists, his pantomime in SMRPG and the M&L series says more than most vocal protags. Should've channeled that energy with Martinet babbling.

That said, if the entire movie is dialogue-free and all the actors just babble incoherently, I might actually watch it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Luigi is better and here's why:

2/3 people who portrayed Mario were good, which were Lou Albano and Bob Hoskins.

3/3 people who portrayed Luigi are awesome, which were/are Charlie Day, John Leguizamo, and Danny Wells (yay :canada:)

Charles Martinet voices both traditionally, so he (while still awesome) is cancelled out for the purposes of this comparison.

:colbert:

The movie could be great if they reference The Great Gonzalez.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Waffle! posted:

I kinda hope they call it something other than Switch Pro, because it'll be the Wii vs Wii U confusion all over again.

Not really. Playstation has been selling Pro versions of their consoles for years. It's an established iteration by now. But it's not going to be the Pro because Nintendo. It will be a new name probably.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Labo Pro

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Anyone had their control sticks act like they're drifting, yet in the calibration menu they're perfectly fine? It happened simultaneously on my pro controller and SF30 pro, with one pulling slightly to the right on Mario Kart and the other more wildly to the left. Both show perfect calibration in the settings, and I've had stick drift before so I know what that looks and feels like.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Chris Pratt sucks but like it or not he is a voice actor.

Noted popular voice actors Ray Romono, Shakira, Jerry Seinfeld, and Jim Carry.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
To be fair, I could see Jim Carrey being a legit good voice actor with the right voice direction.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Butterfly Valley posted:

Anyone had their control sticks act like they're drifting, yet in the calibration menu they're perfectly fine? It happened simultaneously on my pro controller and SF30 pro, with one pulling slightly to the right on Mario Kart and the other more wildly to the left. Both show perfect calibration in the settings, and I've had stick drift before so I know what that looks and feels like.

How are you checking the sticks in the calibration screen? Whenever I get stick drift, it's most apparent if I'm only pushing the stick partway. I have a tendency to slam the sticks all the way to the edges during calibration, which doesn't necessarily reflect real-world usage. Giving the stick a little nudge is much more likely to make the problem show up when calibrating

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mega64 posted:

To be fair, I could see Jim Carrey being a legit good voice actor with the right voice direction.

He already was in Sonic 2

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mega64 posted:

True, I was just mostly joking about the fact plenty of Hollywood stars do voices which amount to 'playing themselves'

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Noted popular voice actors Ray Romono, Shakira, Jerry Seinfeld, and Jim Carry.

those are popular voice actors yes

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jim Carrey can do great voice work, but he hasn't done many roles lately. He could easily be a crossover star like Robin Williams if he wanted to.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
best actor/voice actor combo is Tim Curry. a true renaissance man

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hatty posted:

Curry is even still voice acting every now and then, it’s just that he unfortunately no longer has the same energy he used to on account of his stroke a while back

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 23, 2022

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hatty posted:

SPAAAAACE

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

They'll either evolve into plastic. Or some kind of Kinects thin metal thing. Either way, screen protectors scams will skyrocket.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Id rather a fully fleshed out NSO library with 100% first party Nintendo library than a new Switch

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Mr.Acula posted:

Id rather a fully fleshed out NSO library with 100% first party Nintendo library than a new Switch

Has Nintendo released any NSO subscriber numbers? Curious to see how in-demand it is with what it currently has to offer.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Base NSO has a pretty healthy population based on how fast I can get into a Mario Kart or Splatoon match, not sure about the expansion pass though

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

I haven't looked into it but the fact we don't atleast get something every week let alone every month reliably is pretty undewhelming for the price of the sub, to me at least.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

loving nintendo got me by the balls with james bondage

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mr.Acula posted:

I haven't looked into it but the fact we don't atleast get something every week let alone every month reliably is pretty undewhelming for the price of the sub, to me at least.
??? it’s $20 a year and you want a free game every week? Uhh lol.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theyre talking about th e expansion pack but it doesnt make much more sense then either

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Yep because i already bought it all on wii u and they aren't even giving an option to buy them for the 3rd or 4th timw if you count 3ds

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Super wiiSwitchcube 64

I’m going to wait for the Super wiiSwitchcube 64 Advance.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
for couch multiplayer should I jump to Overcooked 2? or is it a case where the original game did some stuff better?

a lot of Overcooked on sale to sort through in the eShop right now... never played but I've always heard good things

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I play video games and have fun sometimes???

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Minidust posted:

for couch multiplayer should I jump to Overcooked 2? or is it a case where the original game did some stuff better?

a lot of Overcooked on sale to sort through in the eShop right now... never played but I've always heard good things

If your coop partner is not used to action games, I'd say go with 1 first, since it leans a bit more on planning than execution. Both are excellent and worth playing even if you've completed the other, though it can be annoying going back to 1 since you will miss the throw button.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Cellmax or the Red Ribbon guy?

He voiced Magenta. Hence the video above where he showed up dressed as Magenta from the movie.

Walla posted:

Not really. Playstation has been selling Pro versions of their consoles for years. It's an established iteration by now. But it's not going to be the Pro because Nintendo. It will be a new name probably.

The Switch Pro will be called the Nintendo Lever.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Super Nintendo Switch is the perfect name.

Mark Hamill is the perfect voice actor.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Mark Hamill did the best Joker laugh of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzJj52c9qQs

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Butterfly Valley posted:

You don’t have auto-steer on in Mario Kart, do you? It’s on by default which is very annoying if you forget about it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Mark Hamill did the best Joker laugh of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzJj52c9qQs

I maintain Mark Hamill was a voice actor who happened to get cast in a famous live action role

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

https://www.suppermariobroth.com/post/696208426133585920/in-super-mario-odyssey-it-is-possible-to-erase posted:

In Super Mario Odyssey, it is possible to erase Mario from existence using a glitch.

Top: if Cappy captures a Hammer Bro in Assist Mode while Mario is holding a turnip so that the turnip immediately falls and kills the Hammer Bro as he is being captured, Mario will cease to exist. All objects in the scene will briefly stand still, as though frozen in time.

Bottom: when the Hammer Bro respawns, Cappy will automatically capture him, but since Mario is no longer present, the player does not have control over the Hammer Bro. Instead, the Hammer Bro simply performs his usual enemy behavior forever, without player input. Mario will not return and the game must be reset to continue.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

the only twitter account worth following

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i want more nintendo

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
This has been making the rounds recently, and it's like a game of telephone where each report on it gets the context even more wrong than the last.

It's not a "comment", it's a patch for the Linux kernel that adds cpufreq support for the Tegra 239. The only thing that it corroborates is the existence of the T239 (if it wasn't confirmed before), and that Nvidia is working on getting Linux (for Android perhaps) up and running on it.

It says nothing about the Switch though. For one (something that apparently everyone reporting on this has missed), the Switch doesn't run Linux/Android.

Like the only thing this says is that the T239 is real and not a made up number, and that it has eight cores.

It's also not a "leak", this is how Linux development is done and has been for decades.

ExcessBLarg! fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i want more nintendo