Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Kalli posted:

The reffing in that game was worse then the fail-mary that ended the ref lockout.

The scab refs made the right call on the 'fail mary' though. Not their fault the simultaneous catch rule is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sirtommygunn posted:

The scab refs made the right call on the 'fail mary' though. Not their fault the simultaneous catch rule is awful.

No it wasn't. The defender catches the ball, the receiver puts his hands on it as they're going to the ground. in no world is that a simultaneous catch.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

it's not a catch until the feet are down, by which point control over the ball is contested. It does not matter at all who touched it first while they're jumping up, it matters who comes down with it, and both of them had it. Simultaneous catch.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Okay easy enough, show me footage of another example of this ever happening.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I think this exact rule went against the Jets twice in the Jets/Cowboys 2011 game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdnQ20V88rw&t=4335s

Cromartie clearly has it, Miles Austin grabs it, they go to the ground and neither can take it away, touchdown Cowboys.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 23, 2022

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

the fail mary gave us this all time great sports gif

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

I think this exact rule went against the Jets twice in the Jets/Cowboys 2011 game.
I skipped to a random spot in that game only to watch Derrick Mason fail to leave his feet on a would be TD pass from Sanchez and now I'm irrationally angry on a Friday afternoon 11 years later that Rex Ryan forced Cotchery off the team in favor of that shithead.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Looks like Oliver and Poyer should be playing

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is dope.
https://twitter.com/nickmangold/status/1573381165926547457

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nick Mangold was on Brian Costello's podcast and he spent literally 20 complaining about taxes.... What's with Ohio sports guys I loved as a kid being full on chuds lol.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Well, they have to pay a lot in taxes and unlike rich people they don't make their millions in ways that can be hidden by an army of accountants.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don’t care about Nick Mangold’s views on paying fewer taxes. He was an awesome Jet.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Yea I love Mangold, probably top 5 Jet for me. I always found it weird that he gets hurt once and that was basically it for his career. I remember there was some talk of him signing with the Giants that year and then nothing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

Glass half full approach—Ed Oliver and Jordan Poyer have NOT been ruled out!

Oliver out.

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBillsPR/status/1573386623219286016?s=20&t=MmSWtbQO0OAcxKH5dW5kJA

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Well, looks like Reggie Gilliam is a full go.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

https://twitter.com/agetzenberg/status/1573392476739891200?t=e7SKoQql8Pp-ib3fAjApZw&s=19

Bills playing a 2nd string D

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

Dolphin fans have to believe that they haven't been just as lovely a franchise as the Jets have been because everything is in relation to the other teams in the division. So they believe that after 2 games that their team has gone from garbage to a real contender but it's 100% impossible that that could happen to the jets.

Exact opposite actually.

I refuse to believe the Dolphins aren’t frauds until they prove it. That’s why I find it so silly you always poo poo all over the Jets but somehow are optimistic they’re going to turn the corner?

I realize my comment sounded lovely but in a way I’m envious of fans of poo poo teams who still find some way to believe.

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is a really morphed retelling, that’s for sure.

You accidentally hit on his point, which is that you seem to think the transition took two games.. or that the jets and dolphins were equal in the off-season. They were not. You yourself said you want your HC fired.

I think every dolphins fan in here has been reasonable about the expectations of this team and their growth.

Thank you.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheBizzness posted:

Exact opposite actually.

I refuse to believe the Dolphins aren’t frauds until they prove it. That’s why I find it so silly you always poo poo all over the Jets but somehow are optimistic they’re going to turn the corner?

I realize my comment sounded lovely but in a way I’m envious of fans of poo poo teams who still find some way to believe.

My post literally said "if the Jets aren't going to be poo poo this year the next 2 games are winable. Calling that overly optimistic when I'm not even making any predictions seems like you just trying to poo poo on me for no reason. I even said I think it's unlikely that they win both these games lol.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That’s fair. I guess my brain only processed the last sentence and immediately thought “How many times do they have to hurt you?”

Like I would sooner believe the Dolphins will lose to the Jets in 3 weeks than beat the Bills this week so I assume fans of all lousy teams have the same defeatist mindset.

TheBizzness fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 23, 2022

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Jets will beat the Bengals on Sunday.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

you going?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

mcmagic posted:

Dolphin fans have to believe that they haven't been just as lovely a franchise as the Jets have been because everything is in relation to the other teams in the division. So they believe that after 2 games that their team has gone from garbage to a real contender but it's 100% impossible that that could happen to the jets.

This strikes me as an extension of your incredulity that Tyreek Hill would chose Miami over NYJ for football reasons and not other stuff.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Diva Cupcake posted:

If they weren’t already 0-2 I might go for it but they have to win this game.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If the Dolphins win Sunday, they pretty much become an insta-Super Bowl contender.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

you going?
I am not but I wish I were. At the moment I'm probably going to both the Dolphins and Bills games and we're going to be stomped in both of them.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Also loving :lol: at wishful thinking Zach Wilson posting being pathetic in the Tua Divison thread.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

The Bills will crush the Dolphins by at least two scores

I refuse to believe that somehow the Bills will fall short when they’ve consistently crushed them going back like three seasons

Yeah we have injuries but one of our best coaching strengths is working with the secondary and Jaquon Johnson has flashed when he’s been getting live reps

Tua wakes up in the dead of the night, the blank eyes of the Golden Retriever made man that is Josh Allen seared into his brain

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

CubanMissile posted:

This strikes me as an extension of your incredulity that Tyreek Hill would chose Miami over NYJ for football reasons and not other stuff.

We know that he 100% chose it for other stuff but OK.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LightReaper posted:

I refuse to believe that somehow the Bills will fall short when they’ve consistently crushed them going back like three seasons

Yeah.

Until I see it, I won't believe any other result is possible.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Tua is gonna stink and the sports world is going to melt and then he’ll be good against the Bengals and the whole thing is going to be absolutely ridiculous.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fsif posted:

If the Dolphins win Sunday, they pretty much become an insta-Super Bowl contender.

That’s because it’s off the back of the bills who have by all accounts paid their dues the last few seasons.

Their d line being down a bit helps but they’ve still got huge strengths at our worst line spots

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

TheBizzness posted:

Tua is gonna stink and the sports world is going to melt and then he’ll be good against the Bengals and the whole thing is going to be absolutely ridiculous.

Other way round. He'll have a great game against the Bills (win or lose) and it will be discounted as meaningless because of defensive injuries. Bad game against Bengals, and that will confirm he's a fraud to the pundits.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tua throws 3 INTs and 0 TD and Tyreek yells at him on the sideline and they take back his NVP award

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Josh Allen is reading this thread and powering up to SSJ 2 as we speak.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Amy Pole Her posted:

That’s because it’s off the back of the bills who have by all accounts paid their dues the last few seasons.

They haven't paid their dues until they win the SB. I feel like the Bills have all the pressure of being a Champion but no actual catharsis.

Well...some catharsis.
I'll never forget what we did to those Patsie Poos last year.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyDQdswNNK8&feature=share&si=ELPmzJkDCLju2KnD5oyZMQ

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

LightReaper posted:

Yeah we have injuries but one of our best coaching strengths is working with the secondary and Jaquon Johnson has flashed when he’s been getting live reps

Tua wakes up in the dead of the night, the blank eyes of the Golden Retriever made man that is Josh Allen seared into his brain
Welp, now I'm imaging Josh Allen as Mr. Peanutbutter and it...works.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

So the Miami Defense allows 8.7 yards per pass play and a 71% comp rate against opposing QBS.

Meanwhile, Josh is completing 73% of his passes at 8.7 yards per passing play at a rating of 120.

I just don't see how Miami is going to stop Buffalo and it's passing attack.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

WalletBeef posted:

So the Miami Defense allows 8.7 yards per pass play and a 71% comp rate against opposing QBS.

Meanwhile, Josh is completing 73% of his passes at 8.7 yards per passing play at a rating of 120.

I just don't see how Miami is going to stop Buffalo and it's passing attack.

Grit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Every preview of the matchup has been about Miami's offense against the Bills' banged up defense. I kind of keep forgetting that the Bills' offense is still pretty healthy and actually owns.

fsif fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 23, 2022