Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

TheScott2K posted:

Spent some time scrolling GamePass with my oldest. Now she's the cool kid in her first grade class who actually plays Among Us instead of just watching YouTubes of it. Xbox Stays Winning.

My first grader is working through Donut County atm. Fun little game for kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Twerk from Home posted:

It'd be a great choice unless you are a pixel counting fanatic who sits 3 feet from a gigantic 4K TV.

The series S is good and that's really cheap. Quick resume is really cool.

I just have a ten years old 42” 1080p toshiba TV. One that I originally bought because it had SCART and VGA inputs 😅 it works really great though.

Anyway I pulled the trigger at the pawn shop. My first Microsoft product!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Ws keep coming boys.

quote:

Fast forward one week, and the tech channel now released a new comparison video. On PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, Modern Warfare 2 runs in 4K at 60FPS with reconstruction rendering, and in 1440P at 120FPS with reconstruction rendering. It does have to be said that performance appears to be better on Xbox Series X at 120Hz in Invasion mode, and the PS5 version seems to suffer from some minor shading problems in 120Hz.

One of the biggest surprises might again be the Series S, which runs the game in 1440P at 60FPS with reconstruction rendering and in 1080P at 120FPS with reconstruction rendering. Overall, great performance on Microsoft’s entry next-gen (or should I say, current-gen) consoles.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can’t wait until it’s on Gamepass

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Omnikin posted:

My first grader is working through Donut County atm. Fun little game for kids.

My older one spent some time with it on the Switch.

1glitch0 posted:

I have that same Matrix art book!

My parents got it for me when I was in high school. Love that thing. If eBay is to be believed we are apparently very fortunate to have picked it up back in the day.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hatty posted:

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Prodeus is out of early access as of this afternoon and it's on Gamepass. If you like Doom, you owe it to yourself to give it a download - I believe it's even cross-save on console/PC.

Legitimately the best of the "boomer shooter" crop that I've played. The game nails the impact of guns like nothing else out there in the space.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I got the 512 GB card from the sale the other day. Now I can have Forza and Halo installed without worrying if I can download the latest gamepass game.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

VanillaGorilla posted:

Prodeus is out of early access as of this afternoon and it's on Gamepass. If you like Doom, you owe it to yourself to give it a download - I believe it's even cross-save on console/PC.

Legitimately the best of the "boomer shooter" crop that I've played. The game nails the impact of guns like nothing else out there in the space.

It rules hard, loving it

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

hatty posted:

The beta is on now and its so god drat good looking. Some of the best sound design I've heard in a game, period. Need to get good because right now everyone jumps and slides around corners.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Prodeus is really good and watching the evolution of this game through its EA period to this massive jump has been wonderful. Devs who really get how to make levels.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
You suck at parking is great lol

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

slave to my cravings posted:

You suck at parking is great lol

Just came here to say this lol. The perfect get blazed and listen to music/podcast game

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
The challenge levels are pretty hardcore

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Can you play it solo? For some reason I thought it was multiplayer only.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah there's an entire "campaign" mode of 300 levels. They're pushing the multiplayer stuff because it has a battle pass they're trying to monetize, but the regular game is pretty deep.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Nice, I'll check it out. I played Beacon Pines last night and I think I've almost beaten it. It's like 4 or 5 hours and pretty good I think. Kind of an adventure visual novel type game. Cute and has a pretty good story. Never would have tried this without game pass so thanks Phil.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the first time i realized a level wanted me to drive sideways off a ramp to get to a different platform in YSAP made me feel like i was albert einstein finally having e=mc2 come to me

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Wiltsghost posted:

Nice, I'll check it out. I played Beacon Pines last night and I think I've almost beaten it. It's like 4 or 5 hours and pretty good I think. Kind of an adventure visual novel type game. Cute and has a pretty good story. Never would have tried this without game pass so thanks Phil.

I feel like I'm in the back half. It's cute. Glad it's short. The plot is pretty interesting. You aren't going to guess a few of those twists.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

So I’ve had an incredibly lovely day at work, and 10 minutes of fortnite got all my daily / additional weekly stuff done so I figured I’d fire up Diablo II resurrected. My guy is gone. I have to start the whole game over again. God drat it. It’s like i never even started the game. Thanks, new update.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

How 'early access' is Slime Rancher 2, worth playing now or better waiting?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

adhuin posted:

White series X was spotted during logitech ad.

Could be a skin to fit the motif

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It’s alright. I played a few hours yesterday and had fun with it. If you never played the original you might be a little lost though, it’s extremely light on story/tutorial. It just kinda drops you into the world and says here you go.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JBP posted:

I have a ps5, expensive television and a personal computer with a covid pricing GPU I'm going full Bezos over here

My brudda

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Could be a skin to fit the motif

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/23/23368202/microsoft-xbox-series-x-white-model-logitech-ad

Yeah it's just a skin.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
But seriously, if social media blows up about a white XSX (and probably even if they don't), it will happen. Mass producing in a different color is actually pretty easy and cheap and a great way to move more hardware (invented by Nintendo).

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They already have the white plastic sourced from the Series S. I think it looks hideous though.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Make a translucent Series X and then we’ll talk

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

make a green series x

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

make a green series x

Yess

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

make a green series x

OG Xbox coloring imo

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

They have design lab for controllers, bring that poo poo to the console.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

American McGay posted:

Yeah there's an entire "campaign" mode of 300 levels. They're pushing the multiplayer stuff because it has a battle pass they're trying to monetize, but the regular game is pretty deep.

It's great when games launch with a full store and battle pass but no way to play with friends. :v:

The campaign is great though.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

American McGay posted:

They already have the white plastic sourced from the Series S. I think it looks hideous though.

Sourced? Whoever produces the shells can do it in any color you want and the (not so) choices were selected very consciously. Look at the Xbox Design Lab about how possible it is to make color changes.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I thought Prodeus looked lame from screenshots, but after playing im sold. It’s wild having dn3d hd graphics but with my subwoofer shaking the room.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Bring back wood-paneling on consoles imho

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kevyn posted:

Bring back wood-paneling on consoles imho

You gotta get the rust proofing on colecos those babies will rust up on you like nobody's business!

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

American McGay posted:

I agree
Black series X is slick and perfect

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

make a green series x

Translucent green series x.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

otter posted:

Translucent green series x.

Yesssss

Also Prodeus is very neat. Meshes the old and new really nicely!